Platt Electric Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 5, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Harvey Platt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"A great company to work for if you are willing to work and you want a company with opportunities."

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Olympia, WA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Olympia, WA

I have been working at Platt Electric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great education.
    -Lots of people that are passionate about their jobs.
    -Great opportunities to grow into new positions. (I've had 3 promotions in 3 years because of their PACE program. Platt. Accelerated. Career. Enchantment.
    -The company always wants employee feed back on what they can do better, and they follow through.
    -Offer medical, vision, etc benefits
    -Monday - Friday
    -Paid holidays, vacation (immediately) and sick time
    -Tuition reimbursement
    -2 days off for your birthday
    -2 days off for your Platt Anniversary

Cons

I do not have any negative comments about Platt Electric. Although if I did, I do wish that benefits were paid for.

2. "Not an Great envinorment"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Platt Electric full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours were agreeable for the most part

Cons

Inmates run the asylum, people get away with doing no work and get promoted, just a bunch of dude bros sucking up to anyone they can to do absolutely nothing and get paid.

Advice to Management

Stop letting unqualified dude bro's run your shops, then maybe you would be a better place to work.

"Administrative Associate"

I worked at Platt Electric full-time

Pros

The only good thing was that it was closed to where I lived.

Cons

The cons were many. Nowhere to put even your wallet/purse in an office environment is not very nice, and the supervisor micro managed.

She was rude, condescending, even got physical once. Constantly staring at me just like two feet from me, and ridiculing every breath I look practically.

Advice to Management

Get rid of someone so abusive.

"Accounting Specialist"

Current Employee - Accounting Specialist in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Accounting Specialist in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Platt Electric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good people, flexible with time. Positive managers

Cons

traffic, loud environment. too many temps

Advice to Management

Hire of fire the temps

"Sales/Counter"

Current Employee - COUNTER SALES
    Current Employee - COUNTER SALES

I have been working at Platt Electric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paid time off. 2 days for your birthday paid, 2 days for your anniversary paid. 401k, sick time.

Cons

You basically will only get a raise if you get promoted. The management is not the best. Not very much training .

They don't pay employees well unless your higher up. No adjustment in pay for minimum wage going up 3 times since I've worked there.

Advice to Management

Focus on employee appreciation. The company makes a lot of money and only pays the higher ups the big bucks.

"Entry Level Management - Trainee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

I worked at Platt Electric (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Learn about electrical products through computer based training(Time Permitting)

Cons

- Job descriptions are not accurate
    - People that are hired on to the company by family members or friends are paid more than people that have been there for years and get preferential treatment.
    - The opportunity for advancement in the company does not work like you are told during the hiring process (The only way to get a raise is to change positions, and that only happens if someone quits, moves to another store, or dies!)
    - Under Staffed branches
    - The expectations from customers are that Platt workers are certified electricians and should have all the answers. All of the information that new Platt employees have to learn, the pay is very low! (Unless your're a family member/friend of a person that's been there for a while).
    - Managers/Employees that have been with the company for a while are not held accountable for any of their wrong actions.
    - The core values the company promotes is all talk. It sounds good, but it's not how the company really operates.
    - Very little diversity when you start looking up the ladder.

Advice to Management

-Keep the values that you bring with you if you decided to join Platt. You are easily replaced and are constantly reminded that you don't matter and they already have someone to replace you.
    -Don't lie to your employees about possible raises or just tell them what they want to hear because you really don't have an answer. Have some integrity.

"Delivery driver"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Vacaville, CA
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Vacaville, CA

I worked at Platt Electric (More than a year)

Pros

At Platt I have met great customers who were very helpful to new employees, and learnedmore of great customer service. I had a great time driving and traveling all over town and some times you have to deliver far beacause of job work sites. Customers are helpful and they helpyou unload most of the time. Just make sure to take care of them with free items that Platt gives out once in a while.

Cons

I have learned working for this company that they are very disorginized, and poor management. As they are Technology smart, but very poor work ethics. The ethical behavior that some of the employees perform against other employees are unethical. Even the supervisor himself is childish, and immature. Just make sure that you do not injure yourself because you will be harassed.

Advice to Management

Teach your employees about ethics because one day you and some of your employees will make that mistake of harassment and I will see you guys on the six oclock news under a law suit.

"Delivery driver"

Pros

Chance to move to counter help after 6 months
    Great benefits

Cons

Lots of heavy lifting, My store manager was a former drill sargent and when he trained me I felt like I was back in basic training in the Army . His style of training was to help you learn by putting fear in you.

Advice to Management

Learn better people skills, don't treat your new employees like basic training army recruits. Come up with a tutorial on the computer that shows you step by step as new employee how to handle the whole process of when a customer comes in the door, typing in their order, and cashing them out.

9. "Excellent company with extensive training provided"

Current Employee - Sales in Marysville, WA
    Current Employee - Sales in Marysville, WA

I have been working at Platt Electric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training, as much as you want and frequently as you have spare time. Service is the number one priority.

Cons

None, great hours, opportunities and pay

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your employees and there will continue to be success!

"An Ok company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

I worked at Platt Electric full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule. Some employees are nice.

Cons

They do not encourage team work, so if you like working in a fun environment this is not it. It seems like they only care about management. Not very clean.