PlayStation Employee Reviews about "work life balance"
81% would recommend to a friend
(121 total reviews)
87% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great for people without experience to get a head start and move up in a corporate environment." (in 180 reviews)
- "Good benefits if you are a gamer" (in 84 reviews)
- "PlayStation culture is great if you are into video games and stuff" (in 78 reviews)
- "Good work/life balance (hours are reasonable)" (in 52 reviews)
- "Team is great and supportive" (in 46 reviews)
- "Poor management, HR is useless." (in 70 reviews)
- "Pay is low." (in 50 reviews)
- "low salary and hard to progress" (in 37 reviews)
- "You need to find a good team and manager." (in 32 reviews)
- "Senior management tends to micromanage and does not allow staff to make critical decisions." (in 20 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of PlayStation and is not affected by filters.
Found 121 of over 2K reviews
Updated Nov 28, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work life balance"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Apr 11, 2015ManagerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Mateo, CA
Looked good on resume to work for a global company. Good work life balance as in no one worked late or went in early ! New ceo brings hope.
It's not what you do, it's who you know that moves you up. Very siloed, eliminating benefit in working for a global company. Not open to new ideas, preferred status quo to stay safe.3
- 4.0Aug 26, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearAliso Viejo, CA
Good work/life balance (hours are reasonable) Amazing network/tech/security foundation and infrastructure Very smart Very stable product
Seems easy to get stuck being the sole owner of projects until someone leaves Needed a culture club to try and breath some life into the office environment C level execs were mostly absent. CEO made an appearance once every couple months. CTO seems to be on permanent vacation (seriously).1
- 4.0Mar 10, 2021Brand SpecialistCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Francisco, CA
Management invests in the growth and development of their employees
Achieving a work life balance can be hard depending on your department1
- 4.0May 29, 2019QA ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
One of the best place with good work life balance
No Stock options, bonus depends on company performance
- 4.0Dec 22, 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsLondon, England
Great people, motivated teams and cool brand to work for.
Inconsistent flexible working policies. Do not value work life balance for working mothers (ie only certain people allowed to work a day from home and not others).