Playa Hotels & Resorts Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2018

Found 17 reviews

4.4
Bruce Wardinski

"Great company...happy to be here!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Playa Hotels & Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros

- My contributions are appreciated and make a difference - Coworkers are friendly and helpful - Positive work environment - The company is growing and challenged daily which is rewarding

Cons

- No cons. Everything has been great. Happy I made the move!

Playa Hotels & Resorts2018-08-16

"Dynamic, energetic, visionary experience"

I have been working at Playa Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

I joined Playa because I wanted to be part of creating something. I wanted to put my mark on the company. I wanted to be part of a growing, dynamic company. Where there was a passion for building a company based on a quality product and service. Now, having been here several years, I can say that this has all come to fruition. It is an adventure. We are led by a visionary and experienced CEO who has great plans for Playa....

Cons

While the company has nearly 10,000 employees, they are mostly down in the resorts and so the corporate offices are not that large. If you are looking for a company that has a lot of employees in one location, this is not the case. Also, the flip side to the Pro above regarding growth and vision of Playa is that this is a very dynamic environment with exciting changes and challenges. If you are looking for a smooth, established,...

Advice to Management

Continue with the vision, energy and commitment to building a quality product and service that the Playa team can be proud of.

Playa Hotels & Resorts2018-06-15

"Playa Family"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Playa Hotels & Resorts full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice benefits and compensation package; Management is very open for comments and suggestions; Team and work environment is very friendly, very respectful and very fun. Employees are all treated as part of a big family.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to employee communications and continue to expand to multiple beach destinations.

Playa Hotels & Resorts2018-06-15

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Playa Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This company has such momentum and growing so fast. Just one year after going public, we have acquired 5 new hotels in Jamaica and more on the horizon. It's a very exciting time to be a part of this company and its growth.

Cons

We are definitely outgrowing our office space and look forward to when we can expand our offices.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and as we keep growing, I hope we can continue the family-like atmosphere and culture that exists today.

Playa Hotels & Resorts2018-05-16

"Team member"

Current Employee - Team Member in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Playa Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Playa attracts and retains some of the most qualified, experienced and motivated professionals that I have had the pleasure of working with in S FLA. Unique culture- competitive- yet feels like family- the company goes to great lengths to care for employees.

Cons

Company is in a growth mode- creating lots of opportunity for upward mobility - great place for people that are talented and want to make a difference in the company they work for. But- office space is limited- which ends up creating a very colaberative environment. Lunch space is small , but co often treats all to unexpected massages and cool cuisine.

Advice to Management

Was just at a luncheon where Playa was voted in the top 5 of places to work in SFLA- have to say- pretty fab- as I am appreciated and recognized for my contributions- haven't seen much of that at other co's. Top management only needs to spend a bit more time in communicating plans. HR is terrific- but think they need more staff to assist all the new hires.

Playa Hotels & Resorts2018-04-26

"Admin"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Playa Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Family oriented - very concerned about work life balance and taking care of their employees

Cons

very little down side we need more space to keep up with growth and number of employees

Advice to Management

Our path to growing is moving very quickly and we could not accomplish this without your guidance and leadership - please keep moving us forward

Playa Hotels & Resorts2018-01-19

"Amazing Place to Work"

I have been working at Playa Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

-Caring co-workers -Family Type Environment -Amazing opportunity for Growth -Great Benefits, in and out of the work place

Cons

-More Space to Grow

Playa Hotels & Resorts2017-07-05

"Great Working Environment and Teamwork!"

I have been working at Playa Hotels & Resorts

Pros

I am a fairly new employee at Playa and I have received the warmest welcome I have ever received. Not only were all the employees very friendly and helpful but the management team is also very friendly and approachable The positive office environment and camaraderie amongst the employees are really refreshing. I am particularly impressed with Playa's commitment to the community. Each quarter the entire office participates...

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that there aren't any vending machines. But this is a blessing in disguise because at least I'm not tempted to cheat on my diet during the work day.

Playa Hotels & Resorts2017-05-05

"Best Company Ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Playa Hotels & Resorts full-time

Pros

1. People care about one another 2. Beautiful offices in a great location 3. Phenomenal benefits for employees and get better every day 4. Room for growth 5. Fantastic product 6. The team is like a family. Although the company has grown so fast in such a short period of time, people work together to help one another succeed. 7. Leaders set an example and inspire employees 8. Company encourages work life balance...

Cons

No more office space Normal growing pains for a Company that is rapidly expanding

Advice to Management

Do more of what you are doing and do it more often. Continue to set an example to your team and lead the way. They will all follow!

Playa Hotels & Resorts2016-11-03

"Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Playa Hotels & Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Even though Playa is a young company, it has rapidly become a great one with very talented and professional people. Best of all, it offers great opportunity for growth.

Cons

If you get in late, you might have to park on the back. At least you'll get a little exercise.

Playa Hotels & Resorts2016-04-17