KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Playtika Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2022

Found 390 of over 411 reviews

4.0
Playtika CEO  Robert Antokol (no image)
Robert Antokol

Technical Account Manager

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great people and a really fun atmosphere and getting to work on a game that is very successful.(in 52 reviews)
  • "Good benefits(in 35 reviews)
  • "Good salary , and appreciate me(in 26 reviews)
  • "nice office and colleagues.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Stable, good offices, people(in 11 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Good company

Mar 11, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, interesting tech stack

Cons

Huge workload, gaming industry for mobile

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Revenue first company

Jan 25, 2022 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice offices, mission driven employees, young vibe

Cons

Revenue comes first, users after - this means PMs are at the bottom of the hierarchal chain. Super micro managing - no freedom to make decisions as PMs. So many PMs for each game, promotions pretty much don't exist.

4 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0

Good place to work

May 20, 2021 - Marketing Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has great culture

Cons

WLB is not very good

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, people and technologies

Jan 27, 2021 - Senior Systems Administrator in Santa Monica, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with, awesome technologies and pay

Cons

Parent company did not care so much about keeping the company in US alive

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Definitely not the worst, but just shy of the best.

Feb 12, 2021 - Marketing Coordinator in Santa Monica, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing health benefits. Covered everything.

Cons

A lack of diversity and constant work hours.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee

They will absorb your company

Nov 5, 2020 - Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

They pay well and at irganize things at your company.

Cons

Its all to setup for a hostile takeover of the company.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Fantastic Colleagues, Fun Tasks, Amazing Environment

Sep 30, 2015 - Senior Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Every person on staff is brilliant, easy to talk to, and encouraging! You'll really love coming into work and will leave the day knowing you accomplished something good. In my history of employment, I have never worked in a place where I loved working with every person till Playtika Santa Monica. The middle management folks are sincerely supportive of their staff and do their best to help you reach your career goals. The company fosters a true work life balance and assists everyone in living a healthy lifestyle. With that said, not all the snacks are super healthy but there certainly are great options for the health conscious. You will not regret working here and will only ask yourself, why didn't I get my foot in the door here earlier?

Cons

Not really many or anything serious. The open floor isn't for everyone and it can at times be difficult to really focus. The sprints are somewhat aggressive, so it can be intimidating for those that can't handle a little pressure. Playtika has an abundance of happy people, along with a good number of intensely nice and ecstatic people, thus, it might not be a good fit for the melancholy. Middle management is also very good, which can be a negative because you don't want them to leave, but that means there really isn't a way to go up the ladder.

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Sharp People & Great Culture

Mar 3, 2015 - Software Engineer in Santa Monica, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at Playtika are, in my consideration, one of the company's biggest assets. Almost everybody hired in the Santa Monica office is extremely capable. Everybody is task-oriented and brings no egos to the table. The culture in the office is really great too - happy hours, twice-a-week catering, and a general stream of work-appropriate silliness abounds. The products themselves are pretty successful too, which helps in terms of job security and company stability. There are usually interesting things to work on, with very few menial tasks. Management seems to have their heads on straight in making good long-term decisions for the company.

Cons

Overtime creeps in more often than I think many here would like. While there isn't a culture of overtime, it's used too frequently when plans are made for the future. Communication breaks down from time to time as well, causing occasional confusion and conflicting requirements. Finally, some of the company's efforts to be flexible in planning gets frustrating as there are too many last-minute changes for my taste.

7 people found this review helpful