Plaza Research Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Close Team"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Plaza Research full-time

Pros

Very comfortable work environment, flexible schedules, nice managers, opportunities for growth

Cons

Call center is minimum wage

Advice to Management

Updated software needed

"Fort Lauderdale"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Plaza Research part-time

Pros

I enjoyed working there because of the new people you would meet every day and the new studies that would come up.

Cons

I wish people there did not talk behind each other's backs. I believe we need to work together and not against each other. It is a job that is good for a little while but there isn't a lot of room for growth.

3. "Chicago Location is Great!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Plaza Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Very friendly and approachable staff!
    -Always willing to help and answer questions.
    -Good atmosphere.
    -Great clients

Cons

-Occasionally you need to work early but not too often.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"One of the worst work experiences ever"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

The recruiters in the back office & most of the front office staff were very nice. Other than that, there's not many good things you can say about a place that lets you go after 5 days (which has never happened to me in 20 years). This experience makes me not want to work in an office setting ever again, so maybe that's a good thing.

Cons

The girl training me talked down to me most of the time. The girl in the kitchen office barely wanted to help me with anything. Both of them made me feel like a nuisance when I would ask them to repeat something. They assumed I knew every detail of the position 3 days into the job. They talked about teamwork, there was barely any. They also had me fill out "new hire" forms the day they let me go. What company does that? I will never refer Plaza Research's Tampa office to anyone.

Advice to Management

Adjust some of your employee's attitudes or just fire them. Teach your staff how to properly train new hires because some of them are terrible trainers/ co workers in general.

"Director is a nightmare"

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Diego, CA

Pros

Flexable hour. Middle management is supportive

Cons

You get paid the absolute minimum. No money will be spent on anything you need, while the director will spend lots of money redoing her office.

Advice to Management

They do not need a director and 2 assistants. 3 people at the same level would be a much better set up.

"Unprofessional and Immature"

Former Employee - Front Desk Hostess in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Front Desk Hostess in San Diego, CA

Pros

Good experience with hospitality, exposure to customer service and some technology. Beginners guide to administration. Open door policy for the most part. Cross training into different departments of the company available (front desk and recruiting) for extra hours. Sometimes they order pizza or bring in doughnuts :)

Cons

Disrespectful and unprofessional all around. Immature management acts on feelings rather than the correct way to handle the situation. Informal training. Management goes to "management meetings" out of the office, then return 2-3 hours later with take-home food containers, all whill on the clock, being paid. No raises, no bonuses or extra holiday pay. Hours cut without warning. Managers often leave and return whenever they want to run personal errands while being paid, at times they are not available when they are needed. Management gossips constantly.

Outdated technology, no AV person on site, so front desk people all have to learn everything about the equipment being used.

Advice to Management

Need to be more professional. Create a friendly, professional work environment that employees can be comfortable in. Treat employees with respect and give them credit when it is earned. Use team building exercises or activities to bring employees together and trust one another.

"Good working atmosphere. Had lists of numbers for you to call."

Former Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

Pros

flexible, not strict, and had your own section of office

Cons

a little unorganized recruiting process.

Advice to Management

have a process before we start meeting certain quotas.

"A great learning experience and starter job"

Former Employee - Client Service Assistant/Hostess/Front Desk in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Client Service Assistant/Hostess/Front Desk in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Plaza Research (More than a year)

Pros

I liked the customer service aspect and interacting with the clients. I liked coming to work and learning and becoming proficient at my job. I enjoyed learning about av equipment, market research, and different employment avenues I might be interested in pursuing later on in my life. I like the relationships I built while at Plaza as well. I learned valuable job skills that I will take with me as I enter the real workforce. This company is very flexible with schedules.

Cons

The management is incompetent in certain areas and there is no transparency within this company. There is absolutely no room for growth. You will notice that every director for plaza research is a white female and they have been with plaza for several years. Do I think this is a coincidence? No. Apparently it seems like there may have been room for growth within this company years ago, but not anymore. All I ever heard was that our facility is losing money, and we need to cut costs. This company cuts costs in ways that aren't logical sometimes, such as not updating their technology when we are in the age of technology. Having 10+ year old Mac computers in a facility does not produce the kind of results a company should want. This company will do things like hire you at a certain wage and then hire someone who does not have more experience in your position, but will pay them more, and when you finally find out about it and talk to management they try to reprimand you for talking with employees about wages (which is illegal for them to do I might add). If you will expect your pay to increase in way of bonuses or for having a good work performance, forget about it because for the whole year + I worked at Plaza I didn't have one work performance evaluation, as I've had with other companies. You will often times feel like you are doing your absolute best, but you will not feel any sense of gratification from any employee. Self-gratification will keep you going here. You will be asked to perform multiple job duties which may not have been what you were told upon hire such as, going to the store, moving furniture, etc., but don't expect to get paid extra for it other than mileage for the store runs. Moving furniture could potentially be a workman's comp case and maybe even a civil case, but I'm not sure plaza even cares. The only thing that made this place barable were the clients and a sense of duty I felt to provide them with the best service as possible. If you want to feel overworked, overwhelmed, underpaid, and have no opportunity for advancement, Plaza Research is the place for you. You won't ever know who the ceo, president, or higher up corporate people are for the most part. This company does things backwards. Plaza will literally suck you dry until you are numb and will leave you, and i'm not being dramatic.

Advice to Management

thouroughly train all employees so that they will potentially perform the way that you would like them to.
    Advice to corporate: to become a more uniform corporation, structure the facilities to run in the same manner across the country.
    Maybe if you changed certain aspects about pay and actually showed appreciation, there wouldn't be such a high turnover rate, at least within Atlanta.

"Enlightening."

Former Employee - Client Service Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Client Service Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Plaza Research full-time

Pros

At times it was a great place to work at. A great place to receive work experience in customer service. Due to the array of possibilities that may happen on a work day, it provided better experience for oneself to think of a solution on the fly, and be on their toes.

Cons

Lack of growth within the company. Each city runs differently, making it difficulty to work with other cities at times. No appreciation for the work done. Sometimes it seems like the management only cares about making more of a profit by providing little or no pay increase especially when it is deserved, so they are able to receive a higher bonuses from the project.

Advice to Management

Have consistency among the cities in the way of training employees and conducting focus groups and equipment. Improve on providing accurate job training for every position.

"Terrible upper management, low pay, demoralizing place to work"

Former Employee - Hostess/Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Hostess/Recruiter in Denver, CO

I worked at Plaza Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible with schedules, low-level management was nice

Cons

Atrocious upper management (Director, ESPECIALLY the Assistant Director), No respect for employees (constantly treated like we were lucky to be employed in the first place), They will "guarantee 40 hours a week" but it is an empty promise, they will cut hours whenever they feel the need and you wont be paid and there will be no apology. I had to leave because I was promised full time upon hire, and the promise was shattered horribly. They NEVER promote you more than once, if you get promoted AT ALL, and it is very hard to do. Someone has to leave for them to promote someone. They pay poorly, it's hourly, and you punch in on a time-clock you would have seen in outdated 70's movies (which is bad because the person who counts the time has occassionally messed up, meaning that you worked for nothing). The atmosphere is weird, some really nice people but VERY gossipy and dramatic. They shove recruiters in a small room to stare at cubicles all day, it smells and everything is old and outdated except for the part of the office that clients see. The AD is incompetent and blatantly breaks rules that the rest of the employees are expected to follow, plus they don't know anything about how the office runs. Director micromanages everything even though she is an off-site director. Low-level management does ALL the work, including picking up after upper managment's mistakes but they are payed very poorly, as well. "Benefits" include 1 week paid vacation a year, medical insurance that costs half a month's salary (not even kidding). Just, bad place to work. They remind me of kids trying to play grown up; horrible incompetent place acting like a real, honest company. It's just...terrible. Good place to work to pad your resume, but nobody but the loyal (for some unexplained reason) stay there.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect, keep upper management in-check so they lead by example, give actual benefits, and give real raises to people who deserve them.