Pleo Reviews | Glassdoor

Pleo Reviews

Updated Oct 13, 2019

4.8
Pleo CEO Jeppe Rindom (no image)
Jeppe Rindom

"You grow with the team"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Pleo full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Pleo invests a lot of resources to make sure you are getting the right tools and training to succeed, free mac air, nice headset, great CRM tools... - My manager is open to new ideas and is very supportive in helping me to trial and validate my executions - They have a clear career track, this is really important especially in sales. When I am given a goal to work towards, I am more motivated to get up every... day! - Fully sponsored trips to semi-annual team camps, the last one was in Berlin and next in Dublin!!!

Cons

As the top management are mostly based in the head office, and the senior management is running between the Copenhagen and London office, basically there isn't a manager who is really permanently stationed in the London office. But the managers are still very in sync with our work while being remote, with weekly team meetings and all-hands meetings with the HQ.

Advice to Management

You guys are doing a great job!!!

Pleo2019-10-13
  2. "Autonomy, Development and Empowement"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Copenhagen

I have been working at Pleo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Its hard to make a bullet list of the Pro's for working at Pleo, but here are a few: - 360 Degree encouragement for professional and personal growth - Full trust and autonomy in your work - Better than you can hope for community, that is a family in reality - Future of work culture

Cons

Not really a con, but the company is growing incredibly fast, and it takes a special sort of person to keep up and adapt & flourish in the pace we are moving.

Advice to Management

Keep doing you - you are the best

Pleo2019-08-22
  3. "Trust, autonomy and flexibility. A loving team and company!"

Current Employee - Marketing in London, England

I have been working at Pleo full-time for less than a year

Pros

What I love about Pleo is that you feel valued every day. The teams here work closely and work quite positively together. Though Pleo started as a small team, they've managed to make every new joiner feel very welcome and also trust you to do your work in the way you know best, from wherever you work best. 50 more people have joined since I started and the company plans to grow to 400 in the next 2 years. It's a... great time to join!

Cons

Growing pains just like any other fast-growing company. Processes are being put into place, but the pace of growth is more than manageable.

Advice to Management

Maintain that small company feel as we scale. Our team loves this and we love it when you're always thinking about our team first.

Pleo2019-07-30

"Trust, Transparency and Autonomy"

Current Employee - Client Success in London, England

I have been working at Pleo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pleo is a company that holds true to it's value and those values are the lifeblood of every Pleo employee. As an employee, I feel empowered to do my best work at all times and know my team will always work together to tackle challenges. There are no egos here at Pleo and when a Pleo employee tells you how much they love their job, it's not lip service, they mean it.

Cons

We're moving very quickly and it's easy to get caught up in the speed.

Pleo2019-06-28

"Startup growing pains, but at least you're empowered to help solve them."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Copenhagen

I have been working at Pleo full-time for more than a year

Pros

* A lot of opportunity for career growth, or even complete role change * A lot of autonomy and trust, with a nice support layer * Everyone really cares about the customers and delivering an outstanding experience. * Team is getting more and more diverse * Some real A players amongst the company have either been hired in, or have grown into a role, not only limited to engineering or design. * Copenhagen office... is really nice, but also very flexible in working however/wherever you want. If your output is visible, of course. * Culturally, things are fine. It's at a size now where you can find your people if some of the main cultural activities aren't to your taste. Company parties .etc are generally quite tame and harmless. * Actually practice what they preach in terms of financial freedom and trust when it comes to workplace spending.

Cons

* Growing fast – career progression, roles, compensation .etc aren't clearly documented or defined. Casual conversations with peers in Pleo can uncover a mismatch in compensation based on start date. Casual conversation with peers inside similar stage Copenhagen start-ups can also uncover a mismatch with Pleo. The "We're only a start-up, you get more opportunities!" line grows old when I can get similar... opportunities and 20% higher salary somewhere else – which burns a little when you're looking at it from the perspective of supporting a family. * "Flat but not really" – The organization purports to be flat, but in reality, it's a confusing matrix. Currently it doesn't hinder Pleo, but in 100 employees time it could be a breaking point. * Some shakey tools and processes – however it feels at least I can put forward suggestions that would be listened to. * Commerical side of organization struggles to understand Product Development, or PD side of org fails to communicate the process well enough. A lot of asking of "When is this feature ready?" and then being disappointed about a first version that is very basic.

Advice to Management

* Decide on organizational structure. If you're not flat, don't say you are. It's fine not to be, just make it clear. * You can't claim the "we're a start-up" line forever. Align your compensation with the market. * Continue to invest in maturing processes and career options.

Pleo2019-06-18
  6. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Copenhagen

I have been working at Pleo full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people, their work ethic, the working environment, the location, prospects for development, the great "benefits", the respect of having a work life balance, the culture, WFH when you like and can work remotely, the product is fantastic. I really haven't found a con yet.

Cons

Right near lagkagehuset which is too tempting ;)

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Pleo2019-06-28

"Working in a team with such passion, energy and intelligence!"

Current Employee - Account Manager Lead in Copenhagen

I have been working at Pleo full-time for more than a year

Pros

A young team of fantastic people, with a strong will to create a solution and company that will keep growing!

Cons

Non yet, but curious to see what will happen with this growth, with regards to culture and bureaucracy

Pleo2019-04-29
  8. "Lifting workplace with opportunities beyond imagination"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Copenhagen

I have been working at Pleo full-time for more than a year

Pros

I'm really happy for working at Pleo, the way that we lift each others up every day and give and receive insight into our each key competences is very motivating.

Cons

Pleo is still a (scaling) startup, so don't expect six figure salaries.

Pleo2019-04-23

"Avoid London office sales team - at all costs - for at least the next 6/12 months!"

Former Employee - BDR in London, England

I worked at Pleo full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Copenhagen office has a superb work culture - all expenses paid trips over there from time to time - A lot of nice people to work alongside in London

Cons

- Complete lack of experienced managers - Limited amount of training given, poor onboarding - No clear routes for progression - Sales processes are very rigid and by the book (avoid if you don't like to be micromanaged)

Advice to Management

Bring in more experienced managers, listen to your employees feedback and be more open-minded

Pleo2019-04-18

"Great Company, Incredible culture."

Current Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I have been working at Pleo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Care a lot about your development as an individual, giving you access across all departments through classes.

Cons

Nothing to write here at all !

Advice to Management

Keep up the quarterly events ! Next stop Berlin!

Pleo2019-04-09