KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Pleo Reviews

Updated Sep 28, 2022

Found 101 of over 105 reviews

4.4
Pleo CEO Jeppe Rindom (no image)
Jeppe Rindom

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Some great people in every office.(in 16 reviews)
  • "Great culture, product and perspective(in 13 reviews)
  • "Everyone really cares about the customers and delivering an outstanding experience.(in 6 reviews)
  • "supporting, fun, smart, proactive, entrepreneurial colleagues(in 6 reviews)
  • "Management is always trying their best to know each employee on a personal level which I find genuine and creates a good employee(in 5 reviews)
Cons
  • "line grows old when I can get similar opportunities and 20% higher salary somewhere else – which burns a little when you're looking at it from the perspective of supporting a family.(in 4 reviews)
  • "My 1 to 1s with my manager were abysmal, clearly my manager had no idea how I was doing and wasn’t bothered.(in 2 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 2.0
    Current Employee

Sold a dream- avoid

Apr 21, 2020 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Quarterly team camps and nice social activities.

Cons

Where do I begin? As others have mentioned in their reviews, you’re sold an absolute dream with Pleo - that’s the best way to put it. They really sell you on autonomy and transparency and how they adhere to the ‘company values’ day in day out, and it couldn’t be further from the truth. There is no transparency, and nothing is communicated with you. It feels so ‘cliquey’, and you quite quickly know if you’re not one of the favourites. During my time, I’ve never felt so under valued and treated so horribly, despite being one of the hardest workers on paper, but apparently that counted for nothing. It was so demotivating, despite what you did you weren’t recognised. Somebody actually got congratulated for making 22 calls in a day during a company meeting - how embarrassing. A prime example was a colleague who hadn’t hit target for 4 months yet still got promoted. Additionally, new starters who had received extremely poor / or no training were put on performance plans in the first 3 months and got fired of their tenure for not hitting targets. All they talk about during the interview process is culture, and I saw the culture absolutely dive bomb into a toxic mess whilst the company tried to rapidly scale, particularly obvious from the VP level management. The processes and CRM were an absolute shambles, yet the management still expect you to hit your targets despite there being such inadequate framework to do so. My 1 to 1s with my manager were abysmal, clearly my manager had no idea how I was doing and wasn’t bothered. I had to effectively structure and fill the 1 to 1s as the manager never prepped for them. HR are unprofessional and in absolute dreamland. They didn’t even bother doing an exit interview with me, despite saying they would. This is a prime example of how they don’t even care and want to try and improve things. Additionally, without naming names, some of the employees, particularly longer standing ones were so so rude, no matter how much effort you made to try and get to know them. It is also hard to trust anyone at the company, considering the people who seem the ‘nicest’ were the ones to turn first and effectively ‘snitch’ on you. Ultimately, they dazzle you with the perks of going to Copenhagen to visit HQ, and these quarterly ‘team camps’, but ultimately the shambolic day to day operations and treatment of staff massively outweigh the perks mentioned above. I’m not the only current / former employee who feels like this, and I understand a lot of people have also left for similar reasons. I would avoid at all cost, there are so many lovely start up companies to work for in London, where you actually get to learn and contribute to the bigger picture.

80 people found this review helpful

Pleo Response

Hey - thanks for taking the time to write us a review and to share your experience with us. First of all, I'm so sorry that you had this experience while at Pleo. Having favorites and creating an environment where you feel like you're not valued is exactly the opposite of what we aim to do. Please let me address a few of your points: 1. Radical transparency is the way we roll at Pleo. If we see someone not living up to this, or you believe you're missing part of the puzzle, it's up to us to give these folks actionable feedback on their communication style. Employees should know (as much as is appropriate) what's going on - especially when it comes to their roles and department. 2. Pleo is growing - and quickly. We're in a very exciting stage right now - teams are growing each month. We have huge goals that we're hoping to smash. With goals like ours, there's bound to be a ton of change. While it's expected for a company like ours, we understand that change isn't always comfortable. There has been more structure added to the company but we hope that once the growing pains have subsided the end result is more than worth the temporary "chaos." 3. Our culture is crucial to who we are - the type of people who work at Pleo make it an incredible place to work. We try to prioritise this in our hiring process. Once someone is hired and welcomed onboard, it's up to all of us to welcome them to the team. This means discussing the "Pleo way" with them over coffee, inviting them to a Pleo dinner, explaining the team structure to them, explaining what's worked and what hasn't worked for you. It's up to all of us to preserve the Pleo culture. With more and more people joining each month, this can be difficult to maintain but we believe that collectively, we can preserve the Pleo culture as we scale. 4. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have the best experience with your direct manager. Sometimes, people are put into roles because we see their potential to grow into that role. They're a work in progress, but we believe that with some time, hard work, and coaching, they can crush it. I'm sorry to hear that this was not the case here and urge anyone in a similar situation to reach out to the People Ops team ASAP. Overall, we hope that your experience is not shared by many at Pleo. The People Ops team would personally love to hear from you via email or Slack to discuss how we can better your experience and how we can do a better job. Please don't hesitate to reach out directly so that we can sort this out. Thanks again for submitting your feedback and we hope to hear from you soon!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Sep 28, 2022 - Compliance Officer in Copenhagen, Capital Region
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility, Growth, Culture, Work experience,

Cons

Salaries are not on par with market.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Incredible

Sep 13, 2022 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

great training, cool environment, great company culture

Cons

growing company so culture may change

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Running fast, but in a controlled and positive pace

Sep 6, 2022 - Senior Manager in Copenhagen, Capital Region
    Business Outlook

Pros

In Pleo you have an organisation, which is evolving tremendously, but in a controlled and structured way. A recent hire, I'm impressed by how much I was included in main decisions from day one and how transparent and authentic leaders we have walking around in the offices.

Cons

No fussball table - but great coffee :-)

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A great scale-up to work for

Aug 12, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

A relatable, no-nonsense product. Amazing vibe. Nice, enthusiastic people. Psychological safety. Good work-life balance (at least in my org) and great flexible benefits. Management clearly pays attention to the difficulties and challenges of fast growth.

Cons

It is a scale-up so life can be hectic. No equity. Traditionally pay has been location independent, as per recent news this is going to change, and salaries will be benchmarked against the local market.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0

Amazing

Aug 8, 2022 - Account Executive in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work and the culture is 10/10

Cons

May lose culture as it grows

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Most toxic workplace I've worked on.

Aug 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Interesting product - Growing company

Cons

- Bully mind-set from managers - Rock stars vibe where people that are there for a couple of years literally do whatever they want - No career progression if you start bringing up the problems in these attitudes - I was bullied my way out of this company

9 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0

Best company I've worked for

Jul 6, 2022 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Easily the best company I've ever worked for, and maybe will ever work for. It's immediately clear how much Pleo cares for its employees, so much effort goes into making sure it's a great place to work. From team camps, to ski trips, to dinners with colleagues, etc, it feels more like building a company with friends rather than business colleagues. Everyone is smart, dedicated, passionate, and generally the people you want to be around to improve yourself and elevate your career. Standards are high but we are given the time to come up with good solutions are long term software sustainability is a key consideration in the decision making process, which is refreshing. Would highly recommend Pleo

Cons

Honestly there's not many I can think of. Because the tenure is longer than average because the company is so great to work for, it can take a little time to get close to colleagues as they already have many friends in the office.

9. 5.0

Great company

Jun 30, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Transparency - Autonomy - People

Cons

- high growth means processes change fast and often.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

Jun 28, 2022 - Head of Strategic Partnerships in Zürich
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, product and perspective

Cons

Nothing mayor to mention here

Viewing 1 - 10 of 101 Reviews
</>Embed

Pleo Reviews FAQs

Pleo has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 105 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Pleo to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Pleo employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Pleo. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

85% of Pleo employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Pleo 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Pleo to be career development, coworkers, culture and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Pleo Job Seekers