Plex Systems, Inc. "flex time" Reviews | Glassdoor

Plex Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews about "flex time"

Updated Aug 16, 2019

4.0
Plex Systems, Inc. CEO Bill Berutti
Bill Berutti
Pros
Cons
  • "Plex is going through some growing pains(in 10 reviews)

• "(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "flex time"

Return to all Reviews

"Values work/life balance, good communication, and employee success"

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Plex prioritizes work/life balance. (PTO, flex time, etc) Plex practices open communication. Plex praises jobs well done.

Cons

While there are some great work/life benefits, there are other benefits that aren’t quite where their competitors are.

Advice to Management

Continue to show your employees that they are valued and do something about some of benefit programs that lag behind other companies.

Plex Systems, Inc.2019-08-16

"Okay place to work, growing pain being seen lately"

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The are are many great things about Plex and its hard to list them all here, but more good than bad. Good software, developer have their own offices, good free snacks, good free coffee As of lately no one likes changes, and not sure if these changes are good or bad or if it will help the company and the product sell faster. The review process needs improvement to help grow the career of the internal employees.... Benefits are decent and could use a few tweaks, but still very good. Flex time is a bonus for employees that have a family.

Cons

Too many new top level Director potions created, that are concerning on where the company is headed. Movement within the company is not possible, learning and career development has been an issue for years. Very little to none interested on helping internal employees grow into their career. Rather outsource some jobs No salary growth potential and no career advancement options in some areas.

Advice to Management

Be open to employees, and help current employees with career development.

Plex Systems, Inc.2018-02-09

"Irony and dissension in the ranks (not a planted review)"

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc.

Pros

All in all there are some great hings about Plex, more good than bad, but the pendulum is swinging the other way. The pay is pretty good, but the review process needs improvement. Benefits are beyond decent and could use a few tweaks, but still very good. Flex time is a bonus. Plex has built what is probably the best mid market ERP solution, based on inputs and validated by industry, not by some product manager... that never lived a day in the life of his customers. Plex didn't have all the bells and whistles, but was a platform that could be extended to address customer needs as required. Customers bought Plex based on our hand in hand mindset to solving thier business needs. Thankfully mid-level managers seem to be the most logical and critical thinkers, being advocates for their employees and customers, making me wonder if the org chart isn’t upside down.

Cons

Having seen the current management machine in action, the impression is that it's much like the Borg, "resistance is futile"! Initially I was optimistic and thought there might be an opportunity to help guide how to grow an ERP SaaS product, but the new management style is fraught with nepotism and lack of manufacturing experience. I soon discovered that current Plex leadership was not interested in learning from... their new employees , rather they had their own myopic views and want nothing more than to run the same playbook for Plex's products. No matter how much better the processes may be, new executives will force-fit them into their established systems, which were designed for either a consumer product, on-premise or point solution support. Much like the recent acquisition of Netsuite by Oracle, we are living it without the acquisition ! The decision to bring in new leadership to help us continue to grow was a great idea in concept, but its apparent things haven’t worked out according to plan for the new leadership and a lot of smart, dedicated people were pushed out. Its unfortunate that some were sacrificed for the shortcomings and shortsightedness of a few that will be long gone after an “event” that lines their pockets at the expense of others. I’ve been watching these remarks for a year now and can’t help but chuckle to see the obvious & assumed HR or administration planted reviews to try and balance out what are pretty spot on and appropriate employee reviews, past or present. With the exception of one or two executives, most lead from the rear if at all and are the least bit interested in interacting with clients oddly enough, nor are they technologists either. Those that have wandered out from the glass offices of the west coast that have engaged with clients have provided no value, mislead or been dismissed by the client as well, putting them in a quandary as to who they are dealing with. I'm grateful to have a job that gave me some choice and insulation from this mess and having remained in contact with many of the original team, based on their experiences, I'm certain I made the right choice and anxiously waiting for a regime change again. Plex's clients have been put through the same pain of management's previous debacles and have forced clients to undoubtedly experience lower levels of service, for no reason other than management's egos. Let’s hope we can overcome the arrogant smell in the air of "We know how to do business better than you, otherwise you would have been in charge" Will we be able to pick up the pieces for our customers? I hope so ! We hope so, they hope so.

Advice to Management

Hire a COO or someone with operations experience that brings the company back together for the greater good of the cause. A customer facing executive with manufacturing experience would be a welcome addition to the obvious gap in the current leadership, as well as a CTO that can help get our compass back on the product & development side. I hope as well that the board/FP is seeing these candid views beyond... feedback based on board meeting banter, so that we can right a listing ship SOON.

Plex Systems, Inc.2016-08-15

"Company wont be around much longer unless management changes their ways"

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time

Pros

Plex has a good balance of work and personal time. It offers flex time and unlimited vacation. The atmosphere is a huge draw to the company.

Cons

Incredibly top-down focused approach for a software company. Management doesn't seem to know what the product actually needs. Decisions are made, that seem to have no sense of origin, and then sent down to the worker bees to be carried out.

Advice to Management

Get back in touch with your employees. Listen to their concerns and ideas.

Plex Systems, Inc.2016-06-23

"Best Place to Work"

in Troy, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc.

Pros

Amazing culture Great people to work with Flex time

Cons

Salary is a little less, but the perks make up for it

Plex Systems, Inc.2015-09-09

"Review of Plex Systems"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Troy, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Outstanding work environment, highly dedicated employees, flex time, good benefits, best ERP system on earth for manufacturing on earth

Cons

401 K program isn't as good as I would like; company is growing fast so it's hard to keep up with the training

Advice to Management

Would like to see a higher 401 K match.

Plex Systems, Inc.2014-10-29

"A workplace where you feel appreciated and like an important piece of a community"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive pay Flex time You're not micro managed Great Culture (playing card games with bosses, events always going on, etc) Lots of free food/snacks

Cons

No sick days is a major bummer! (I know this is being discussed) The frameworks you use are developed internally, so there is a steep learning curve.

Advice to Management

Give us some sick days! It's the one thing that keeps Plex from being perfect. You trust us with million dollar decisions you can trust us to not abuse sick time.

Plex Systems, Inc.2013-07-17

"The Perfect Fit"

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Plex Systems has turned out to be one of the best career choices I have made. I work at the Troy headquarters. For me, the Pros at Plex are: -They will work with you to find the best "fit" for you at the company. I didn't realize a position could be so perfect for me until working at Plex. -open communication with managers and team leaders -great work-life balance -flex-time -very casual dress code (lack of... one) -free food and drinks in the kitchen -beautiful office, private office for every employee -tuition reimbursement -charity events Plex is growing on and up and is a great place to be.

Cons

You do have to think quick and fight fires. You also have to "clear" things with certain people, which can slow down a project down. Sometimes more planning could be put into things. There are growing pains as the company gets larger, so it may not be for a person who is only used to fully established procedures in every area. There are lots of changes happening at Plex.

Advice to Management

Many departments are very understaffed. Productivity is stalled a lot of the time because of this.

Plex Systems, Inc.2013-07-09

"A Great Place for Software Developers"

Software Developer in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc.

Pros

Plex is an amazing place to work. The company culture is informal, friendly and has a refreshing lack of bureaucracy. Employees are rewarded based on merit, rather than on politics or on duration of service. In exchange for private offices, flex-time, trust, and other perks you are expected to be self-motivated, responsible and enthusiastic. If you can supervise yourself, and want to get on with writing software... solutions without the drag of countless unnecessary meetings or an excess of paperwork then this is the place for you.

Cons

The self-sufficiency you are granted at Plex can occasionally leave you feeling a little isolated and you are somewhat left to train yourself.

Advice to Management

Preserve the company culture at all costs. Perhaps consider giving sick leave under certain conditions.

Plex Systems, Inc.2011-07-15
  10. "Rewarding, Challenging, Exciting"

Senior Software Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc.

Pros

Among the best reasons to work at Plex Systems is the focus on employee freedom and ability to act on personal responsibility. This personal responsibility ranges from liberal flex time to personal ownership of key functional areas in the code base. It feels revolutionary and wonderful to be able to deliver the customer satisfaction I myself would like to receive when I have a complaint, discovered a bug, feel... improvements are necessary, etc. at businesses I am a customer to. Since Plex has been doing SaaS for over ten years – well before it was cool – there is a deeply embedded philosophy here that can be drawn on to help customers realize the benefits of this approach.

Cons

With the personal responsibility I described, sometimes it is not possible to walk away at 5pm or not take a call at 11pm. Software engineering is a serious career here, not merely a job. Good day or bad, internal and external customers across the globe must be supported when emergencies arise, even when that is at times very inconvenient for me.

Advice to Management

Hire more better faster! Seriously, the workload and customer demand means people of talent and dedication need to be showing up here faster than mighty rush we have already been seeing, especially on the project management side.

Plex Systems, Inc.2011-07-15