Plex Systems, Inc. "new management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Plex Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews about "new management"

Updated Jan 13, 2020

3.6
Plex Systems, Inc. CEO Bill Berutti
Bill Berutti
Pros
Cons
  • "Plex is going through some growing pains(in 11 reviews)

• "Much management turnover and new management not proving any better than the old in being able to properly "scale up" the business from its beginnings(in 6 reviews)

Reviews about "new management"

Return to all Reviews

"The best company I ever worked at"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great work/life balance, great work environment, free snacks, remote work from home, tech savvy, ability to bring kids and pets to work, game room.

Cons

Since the new owners took over, a lot of micromanagement has started to take place. New management has little clue or concern about the former culture that existed before they came on board.

Plex Systems, Inc.2016-01-07

"Kidding Themselves and Not Ready for Prime Time"

Current Employee - Consultant in Troy, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Used to be open atmosphere, flat organization, and able to move quickly. Product was highly configurable, which was good and bad.

Cons

Much management turnover and new management not proving any better than the old in being able to properly "scale up" the business from its beginnings. Many good people have left, and organization is flush with excessive titles, many VPs, senior VPs, directors, senior directors, etc. Most senior management do not understand customer environments, never worked in a factory. Spend a lot of time congratulating themselves even when missing significant targets. New product update is horrible.

Plex Systems, Inc.2020-01-13
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Irony and dissension in the ranks (not a planted review)"

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc.

Pros

All in all there are some great hings about Plex, more good than bad, but the pendulum is swinging the other way. The pay is pretty good, but the review process needs improvement. Benefits are beyond decent and could use a few tweaks, but still very good. Flex time is a bonus. Plex has built what is probably the best mid market ERP solution, based on inputs and validated by industry, not by some product manager that never lived a day in the life of his customers. Plex didn't have all the bells and whistles, but was a platform that could be extended to address customer needs as required. Customers bought Plex based on our hand in hand mindset to solving thier business needs. Thankfully mid-level managers seem to be the most logical and critical thinkers, being advocates for their employees and customers, making me wonder if the org chart isn’t upside down.

Cons

Having seen the current management machine in action, the impression is that it's much like the Borg, "resistance is futile"! Initially I was optimistic and thought there might be an opportunity to help guide how to grow an ERP SaaS product, but the new management style is fraught with nepotism and lack of manufacturing experience. I soon discovered that current Plex leadership was not interested in learning from their new employees , rather they had their own myopic views and want nothing more than to run the same playbook for Plex's products. No matter how much better the processes may be, new executives will force-fit them into their established systems, which were designed for either a consumer product, on-premise or point solution support. Much like the recent acquisition of Netsuite by Oracle, we are living it without the acquisition ! The decision to bring in new leadership to help us continue to grow was a great idea in concept, but its apparent things haven’t worked out according to plan for the new leadership and a lot of smart, dedicated people were pushed out. Its unfortunate that some were sacrificed for the shortcomings and shortsightedness of a few that will be long gone after an “event” that lines their pockets at the expense of others. I’ve been watching these remarks for a year now and can’t help but chuckle to see the obvious & assumed HR or administration planted reviews to try and balance out what are pretty spot on and appropriate employee reviews, past or present. With the exception of one or two executives, most lead from the rear if at all and are the least bit interested in interacting with clients oddly enough, nor are they technologists either. Those that have wandered out from the glass offices of the west coast that have engaged with clients have provided no value, mislead or been dismissed by the client as well, putting them in a quandary as to who they are dealing with. I'm grateful to have a job that gave me some choice and insulation from this mess and having remained in contact with many of the original team, based on their experiences, I'm certain I made the right choice and anxiously waiting for a regime change again. Plex's clients have been put through the same pain of management's previous debacles and have forced clients to undoubtedly experience lower levels of service, for no reason other than management's egos. Let’s hope we can overcome the arrogant smell in the air of "We know how to do business better than you, otherwise you would have been in charge" Will we be able to pick up the pieces for our customers? I hope so ! We hope so, they hope so.

Plex Systems, Inc.2016-08-15

"Plex of old...."

I worked at Plex Systems, Inc.

Pros

Culture, management style, and proven performance were all positive things in Plex pre 2013. Employees went above and beyond to do their job, with integrity.

Cons

New management is not looking out for ALL employees. They have thrown away many quality individuals who were instrumental in making Plex what it was. The company slogan was "do the right thing".... I don't think the leadership has a conscience.

Plex Systems, Inc.2016-08-08

"Management's swollen heads and egos have really changed the company culture"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

• Great coworkers • Nice office in Troy • Good product, but limited functional breadth

Cons

• Appear to be so focused on selling the company or going public (doubtful) that they have lost sight of what made it a great company: its employees, customers and culture. • Organization is becoming top heavy with too many ex-Oracle types with overblown egos. New management hires seem to have very little understanding of the product, the market or where Plex can really compete. • The product is good fit in a few industries (automotive, metal stamping and other very repetitive discrete industries), but lacks functional breadth to be competitive in many other manufacturing industries. Recent reductions in the Development group suggest they are not serious about building out the solution. The product is old looking and needs to be updated. The new User Interface (which still isn’t released) is an improvement, but doesn’t go far enough. • Over hiring on the sales side (without any real data to support doing so) has lead to some headcount reductions (most likely more to come) and generally an unmotivated sales team. You are doomed in sales unless you are focused on the automotive industry in the Midwest. • Have spent millions on Marketing with little to show for it. After 20 years in business Plex is still relatively unknown outside of the Midwest automotive industry. The fact that they only have a few hundred customers (after 20 years) tells the whole story…….niche player with limited growth potential.

Plex Systems, Inc.2016-06-02

"Opportunities for Growth in a Fast Paced Environment"

Current Employee - Delivery Consultant in Troy, MI

I have been working at Plex Systems, Inc. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent career growth opportunities for hard working self-starters. The company is growing exponentially in a race to go public. A major influx of cash and a push to build out the product offering and internal processes is resulting in new positions and opportunities being created on a regular basis. We work hard and play hard - office parties, frequent outings, a club or group for just about any activity you can imagine. It's an extremely fun environment with rewarding work.

Cons

Losing some of the culture that made the company great, though I must admit, our new management is making honorable efforts to maintain the culture. Working at Plex can be incredibly stressful, especially as a Delivery Consultant, where there is a very poor work/life balance, immature processes, and at times lack of direction. Much of this is being aggressively targeted for improvement.

Plex Systems, Inc.2014-09-11

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews