Cover image for Pluralsight

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Pluralsight and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Internal Growth Opportunities

Oct 28, 2021 - Senior Director in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pluralsight offers great opportunities for internal growth within the company. Employees can expect multiple paths for lateral and vertical growth no matter what stage in their career.

Cons

The company is going through many changes which although very exciting can intimated those new to this rapidly changing environment.

4 people found this review helpful

Pluralsight Response

Chief People Officer

Thank you for the review. We are more committed to growth than we ever have been and I’m happy to hear that you’ve felt this commitment. We’ve rolled out a few new programs to support career growth at Pluralsight and there are still more to come. I acknowledge that we have had a lot of change over recent months but truly believe these changes will set us up for success in the future. - Will

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place. Great People.

Sep 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are genuine, kind, and hard working. They're all dedicated to their teams and to the larger mission at Pluralsight.

Cons

With acquisitions comes confusion and complexity. I will say, leadership is trying to mitigate as much of that as possible, but it still exists.

3. 5.0

Collaborative Environment and Great People

Oct 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-The culture and values are unmatched. Everyone has such a willingness to help, support, and learn from each other it’s such a breath of fresh air. There’s also a huge culture of gratitude and people are genuinely thankful for your contributions. -Leadership wants you to grow, if you put in the work and embrace the values you’ll be rewarded. It’s not always easy and it definitely isn’t a hand out but if you take ownership and voice your goals, your leader will help you achieve them. I’ve been at Pluralsight for a year and received a generous merit increase and a promotion for my contributions. - The benefits are great and the work-life balance is phenomenal. We’ve got unlimited PTO and also quarterly recharge weeks (two of which are company-wide breaks) - The transparency from leadership is amazing. We do monthly town halls with the entire company and our leaders lay everything out there. In the past there have been some hiccups in this area but they’ve taken feedback and have drastically improved in sharing info and insight into the business. -A lot of autonomy to own your work and try new things. I’ve never felt micromanaged here or that I was being heard.

Cons

Honestly none - coming from a few different companies that were actually bad, Pluralsight is such a breath of fresh air. There’s definitely been change and it’s not the start-up it once was. I think folks who feel the most negative about PS have been here for awhile and feel it’s not the same, which is true. But we’ve also grown in size and product offerings and are focused on turning a profit (as literally every business is). It doesn’t mean that team members aren’t cared for but some things need to change so we can be scalable.

4. 2.0
    Current Employee

Chaotic, discouraging

Sep 11, 2022 - Individual Contributor
    Business Outlook

Pros

* The people are fantastic--smart, creative, fun. * Pluralsight encourages people to take time off to recharge. * It's great to have access to the Pluralsight and ACG platforms for continuous learning. * The Draper office space is really cool.

Cons

* Too many change initiatives are happening at the same time and without any visible change management strategy. As a result, the environment feels frenetic, with no sign of improvement any time soon. * Decision making is mostly top down. In my department, the people who are closest to the work do not have adequate say in decisions that will affect their day-to-day lives. Please don't ask me "how I feel about a decision" after it has already been made...and call that "getting my input." * Career mobility seems mostly about becoming a manager or completely changing roles. If you want to add adjacent skills and actually incorporate them into your role, it can be hard to do that here, because roles tend to be specialized.

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent org to work for if you’re on the right team with a high-performing, quality people leader

Sep 12, 2022 - Product Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve had an amazing experience at Pluralsight in the last 8 months because I’m on a team with a talented and supportive people leader that encourages me and the team to do our best work. There are other teams I would never recommend someone for because of the people leaders who are petty, poor at their job, and terrible communicators. But if you get on the right team, you can do great work for a great organization.

Cons

Don’t get on the wrong team. Thoroughly vet your leader and the quality of their leadership and communication skills before accepting a role.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company with awesome culture and benefits

Oct 3, 2022 - SEO Analyst in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and fit for anyone that wants to break into tech. Great benefits and PTO policy. Great work life balance.

Cons

Can take a while for a problem to be addressed or solved within IT. Not too bad though.

7. 4.0

Great Culture

Oct 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture is strong but not overwhelming. Everyone I have worked with is very friendly and respectful. Leadership is transparent and there is a sense that everyone is working with the same goal in mind.

Cons

Lots of change in teams makes it hard to get a good foundation for growth

8. 4.0

Good Company, Good benefits

Sep 30, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people and culture are awesome!

Cons

Internal processes need some potential maturing. Medical/health insurance could be better as it seems it use to be before Vista? Allowing equity in the company for a lot more employees would be ideal as it seems very little do if any at all.

9. 5.0

Cooperation and Community at a Tech Company

Sep 13, 2022 - Market Research Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

At Pluralsight, we focus on cooperating between teams which helps with efficiency and ultimately, strategic success. Many put their best foot forward & that helps us get through challenging times. Beyond the company's success, we are also able to build community within Pluralsight. People's voices, experiences & backgrounds are respected and celebrated.

Cons

Tech companies are facing a lot of attrition, and that causes delays in production. However, everyone works hard to make sure we can still meet goals. When the time comes, we are ready to welcome someone new into their team & help them do well.

10. 5.0

I love PS

Sep 13, 2022 - Talent Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Benefits are amazing - Great work culture - Values that are actually practiced - Transparent Executives - Beautiful building/facilities to use - Personal and professional career growth - I can totally disconnect when OOO. We have our 2 company wide recharge weeks, 2 personal recharge weeks and still our unlimited PTO and I don't ever feel stressed or worried when I'm out. I can leave my computer behind and not check my slack on my phone!

Cons

- Large company/Corporate - I don't think our pay is as competitive as it once was

Viewing 1 - 10 of 653 Reviews
</>Embed

Pluralsight Reviews FAQs

Pluralsight has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 700 reviews left anonymously by employees. 62% of employees would recommend working at Pluralsight to a friend and 51% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Pluralsight employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Pluralsight. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

62% of Pluralsight employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Pluralsight 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Pluralsight to be career development, culture, benefits and the cons to be compensation, management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Pluralsight Job Seekers