Pluralsight Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Pluralsight President & CEO Aaron Skonnard
Aaron Skonnard

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Unlimited PTO (and you can actually use it) (in 24 reviews)

• They additionally offer great benefits, pay, unlimited PTO, and a fantastic work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing fast which creates tremendous opportunity and at times ambiguity (in 11 reviews)

• Have experienced slight growing pains that can be expected from a company in hyper growth mode (in 14 reviews)

"Pluralsight is a great place to work!!!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Farmington, UT

I have been working at Pluralsight full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing benefits, awesome work space, a ton of perks, and a strong leadership team! Things move quickly which makes a lot of exciting changes. The vision is clear and the map to it is even more clear!

Cons

I've been with the company for several years. We move quickly and at times speed bumps appear. This is reality, not a con! If you can't embrace change, this isn't the company for you.

Advice to Management

Continue being a strong and dedicated leadership team! You've done amazing work!

"This is a good place, and I am happy here."

Current Employee - Account Development Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Account Development Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Pluralsight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fully stocked kitchen, Unlimited PTO. Fully paid Health,dental and vision. Incredible people and product! The best tech to work with, and smart people!

The company is the best company I have ever been privileged to work for! They offer competitive compensation as well as MANY other perks. I am happy here.

Cons

I hear that from some people that have been around for a long time at Pluralsight that it has changed from what it used to be, that it's not the same, but for me personally this is no real con, it has to change and progress as they grow to a larger company that the goal to become an publicly traded company may be realized.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide a world class and world changing product. Keep your eye on the prize. Keep promoting and strengthening your people. Keep up the excellence!

"Great pay, amazing benefits, a place for growth"

Pros

401k match, 3 months paid maternity leave, competitive pay, genuinely great leadership, insurance is paid for 100%, gym is reimbursed, all the health (and junk) food on sight you could ever want.

Cons

A handful of growing pains, slow creation of the compensation model, but nothing different than other growing tech companies. Generally great people to work with.

".... the gradual development of something, especially from a simple to a more complex form"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Earth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Earth, TX

I have been working at Pluralsight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Product that the world needs
    - Smart people
    - Diverse workforce (for Utah)
    - Interesting and engaged executives
    - Great perks and competitive pay

Cons

We are a growing company that is moving quickly with aggressive goals. The culture is adapting to these evolving company goals. It is a different place than it was 3-4 years ago, I think that is a good thing, but it has caused conflict with some legacy employees that aren't comfortable with the new direction the company is heading.

"Wanting for nothing"

Current Employee - Talent Coordinator in Farmington, UT
    Current Employee - Talent Coordinator in Farmington, UT

I have been working at Pluralsight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Culture
    Stocked Fridges and snacks
    Personal growth opportunities
    Influential leadership

I love working at Pluralsight. The culture, my colleagues, the mission, and the whole experience here are a breath of fresh air. We as employees are taken care of in every way. We have great health benefits so our families are taken care of while we're at work and while at work we are provided with food, a great working environment, and plenty of mental stimulation. While I am at work at Pluralsight I am able to focus on my work because I know the company is taking care of everything else. It is a liberating experience and I am able to get far more work done on daily basis than I have been able to in past jobs and companies. The people I work with inspire me daily with their commitment to seeing the company flourish and their tenacity in bringing in top talent to help us succeed along with developing future leaders from within. Pluralsight is innovative and inspiring and while I often leave work mentally tired I always go home feeling like I've accomplished something good each day. I wake up every morning and look forward to going in to work at Pluralsight.

Cons

Their are no cons to working here but I will give you some words of caution. If you are looking for a 9-5, brainless, pick up my paycheck and never change company Pluralsight is not for you. You cannot coast here. You will constantly be pushed to better yourself and the company. This is a rapidly growing company and if you are not committed to disrupting the norms and being the best in your chosen field it will be hard for you to excel here.

Advice to Management

Continue to represent us well.

"It is what it is... a great company!"

I have been working at Pluralsight full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A solid start up that stands behind its values! Since we are on the topic, this company's focus is first and foremost its employees. This is demonstrated by the way they have designed their total rewards package as well their employee engagement activities.
    Its also one of the few companies that is pro transparency and feedback, your voice is heard.
    Finally, since it is newer company there is fertile ground to grow and contribute, to be apart of the bigger picture.

Cons

Every company, especially start ups have warts and imperfections. Since we are a Pre-IPO company working to go public there are a lot of changes taking place. Some changes are uncomfortable but necessary. Most of the gripes you will hear about Pluralsight are because people are uncomfortable with change and fail to see the big picture.
    If you don't like change, have issues being nimble or moving quickly with a fast growing company, than this is not the opportunity for you.

Advice to Management

None, thanks for keeping your employees at the forefront of your minds.

"You become a employee ID and not a person"

I worked at Pluralsight full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They really try to create a culture similar to Silicon Valley

Cons

As the company grew, they forgot about the people who helped build it. If you don't fit in the new executives "special roles" you're out.

Advice to Management

Quit letting go your competent people and keeping the useless ones.

"A mission that matters and a dedicated team to make it happen"

I have been working at Pluralsight full-time

Pros

If you want to come to work every day knowing that you’re actually making a difference and helping people improve their skills, work for Pluralsight. If you want the opportunity to tackle challenges that come with fast-growth, work for Pluralsight. If you want to be surrounded by leaders and co-workers who are genuine, hard-working and committed, work for Pluralsight. It’s really rare that such a successful SaaS company creates an environment for their employees to have autonomy, mastery and purpose. Pluralsight is a unicorn in more ways than one.

Cons

The company is growing fast which creates tremendous opportunity and at times ambiguity. If navigating ambiguity puts you outside your comfort zone, it may be a downside.

"Growing Pains, But Still A Solid Company For Utah"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Farmington, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Farmington, UT

I have been working at Pluralsight full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great perks, great product, market opportunity, investing more in people, some really strong leaders, relatively few a-holes ; ) - fantastic work environment (office space)

Cons

Lots of growing pains, difficult to see career growth path at times, not always the best communication from top to employee base, may be too entrepreneurial for many people who come from larger corporations

Advice to Management

Make sure agreements are two-way streets, keep your word and when things have to change address it openly and before rumors and issues arise that drive our morale lower. Great work on the equity offer- just keep giving people a chance to earn more so they are rewarded for arranging their lives around the vision.

"Awesome company BUT weak team!"

I have been working at Pluralsight full-time

Pros

CEO and his sidekick, Anita are amazing! Wonderful communication from higher up and fantastic values and mission statement.

Awesome benefits - unlimited PTO, massages every other Thursday, free health insurance for self and family, etc, etc.

Excellent work environment with fun and younger people!

Cons

Unfortunately, my team is practically broken. My leader has no clue what day it is let alone how to manage a team. Because of that, many of us are unsure of our responsibilities and that can lead to many problems. Currently a lot of micromanaging from parties who are NOT leaders. I love the company, but this team is terrible!

Advice to Management

-Some people should not be leaders.
    -Equals should not be the sole source of training for new hires; a leader should know how to do their direct report's job.