Pluribus Networks Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2019

Found 38 reviews

3.6
Kumar Srikantan
  1. "Collaborative Team and Exciting Technology"

Current Employee - Director in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Pluribus Networks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very collaborative and supportive teams Opportunity to work on bleeding-edge technologies Solid strategic roadmap Extremely technical people with do-whatever-it-takes attitude Great relationships with early customers I was a little concerned going into the interview because some of the past reviews were quite negative - couldn't have been more different. My take is that this is more a reflection of past management...

Cons

Every place has them and I'm sure I'll run into them eventually, but at this time, I'm still too new to comment.

Pluribus Networks2019-04-19

"Read carefully the reviews - They follow a trend that is true - Bad Leader -"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant

I worked at Pluribus Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

The product has the potential to compete against other open-networking products and win. It has for years - but the poor management for years has destroyed the product, sales and any reality that the board for some reason will not remove the CEO who has managed the business out of business

Cons

Its over...That is sad as the potential was there. But the CEO is not a leader nor understands sales. How many VP or sales directors have you gone through in four years?...4 of them? No care of others which is a shame as you have some good people - but you treat them like a dictator with no leadership ability and smart thinking - The CEO is Emperor and all can see you have no clothes.

Advice to Management

Stop bad mouthing current and past employees - everyone is bad - but not the CEO in his mind. Your not a bad guy - your just not a leader. Your have hurt the product and people. It is time for the board to sell this thing to someone who can do what is needed and remove the Cisco history - your not Cisco - and you don't want to be. Get people who can run the business...whoever said in a past review the "Fish rots from...

Pluribus Networks2018-05-18

"Poor Management"

I worked at Pluribus Networks full-time

Pros

The Benefits are pretty good...but they have to be to compete with Cisco.

Cons

Bad Management; a seasoned CEO needs to be hired.

Advice to Management

Get experienced sales management as well.

Pluribus Networks2018-05-13
    • "Product Manager"

I have been working at Pluribus Networks

Pros

Great startup with brilliant people

Cons

The Company is growing tremendously

Pluribus Networks2017-11-11
      • "Great team, great product..but mediocre implementation"

I worked at Pluribus Networks full-time

Pros

Small team, so you can work on a lot of different areas and technologies

Cons

Since it's a startup, it is definitely hectic. Long meetings, customer-driven requirements. If the customer changes their mind, the features you've been implementing for the past few weeks will just sit there, unused.

Pluribus Networks2017-10-03

"Irrelevant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Pluribus Networks full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Pay, lots of opportunities to learn new technologies. SDN / Automation learning opportunities.Company seems to have future.

Cons

Diversity is a huge issue as most employees seem to be from a certain back ground/ethnicity. Not much encouragement for those who struggle a bit but are willing to work hard but would get pushed out systemically. Product is still in developing phase and mgmt as well as experienced colleagues aren't willing to cut you a slack if you aren't able to grasp something in one attempt or ask a question twice.

Advice to Management

Bring diversity in and not just in specific domains such as Sales but in Support/Eng as well.

Pluribus Networks2017-07-11

"Overall Good"

I have been working at Pluribus Networks

Pros

It is a good company

Cons

i dont have any complain about this company

Pluribus Networks2017-04-19

"Solid technology, disappointing leadership"

I worked at Pluribus Networks

Pros

Solid IP in a growing space

Cons

The company lacks leadership and direction. While the company has done a good job of building a solid product, they can't seem to find a way to actually sell it. The leadership is confrontational and tends to point fingers rather than look for solutions. Promises are often made and broken. 12+ hour quarterly sales meetings are the norm, little regard for the time of the employees.

Pluribus Networks2017-02-07

"Pluribus will redefine SDN space"

I worked at Pluribus Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart people Competitive environment No room for slack which is typical of a start up environment. Good benefits Good Salaries All ingredients for becoming successful Decisive and No Nonsense leadership ( which many may not like but our CEO managed to raise $95 Million in this cut throat environment) Employee Appreciation.

Cons

Work Life Balance can get effected. But that is what I signed up for then. In general there are not much Cons as it is a start up and one has to be ready to deal with a start up environment. If you do not perform then you are fired. And that is the way it will work.

Advice to Management

Get more actionable feedbacks from your employees.

Pluribus Networks2016-12-13

"A Startup with a future"

Current Employee - Senior Field Marketing Manager in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Pluribus Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Let me first say that Pluribus is a STARTUP culture. We work hard, wear multiple hats, learn as we go, and do what it takes to get the job done. The startup life is not for everyone! But if you are looking to be challenged, looking to grow your skills, and want to do so in a growing and promising company then Pluribus is a great place to start. You will work hard but your hard work is rewarded and appreciated. We have...

Cons

We are a STARTUP! There aren't many if any negatives as long as you understand the startup model. If you are looking for easy Pluribus is not for you! We have long hours some nights and are always pushing the bar. We have changed how we do things a few times as we refine our way to success. So flexibility is a must!

Pluribus Networks2016-11-02