Pluris Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Pluris CEO Michael Caccavale
Michael Caccavale

1. "Folks that care - finally got rid of dead wood."

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Boston, MA

I worked at Pluris full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company Benefits. Management/CEO that cares. Work balance. Growth in career.

Cons

Smaller firm - everyone is exposed so if you want to hang out and hide- it's not the place.

Advice to Management

Better hiring would result in a stronger team.

"Not a Great Start, but I know things improved"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Greenwood Village, CO
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Greenwood Village, CO

I worked at Pluris full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Teamwork when allowed and available was very collaborative. I feel as though I grew a lot as a result of helpful peers. The benefits as everyone mentions are truly above and beyond for a smaller company. There were a lot of free lunches, snacks and soda which when provided were good to look forward to.

Cons

When I left, I looked back at my time here and truly regret it. I don't think I was every truly allowed to push my comfort zone, or grow. I think the skills needed for this job are quite basic, and the company encouraged a lack of growth for employees in my position. Whenever I brought up an issue I felt ignored. I felt this was an organization truly out as only for itself and the employees were used. I also felt vastly under-recognized, which was unfortunate because I did give up several important moments in my life/family to make hard Pluris deadlines. This came across as the culture, and it seems a 60 hour work week here is considered normal and on par. Upper management to me was not the best at feedback, or at helping an employee develop. I also saw many times where upper management would yell excessively at employees to the point of tears. I did appreciate one of the senior member of the teams advice and counsel multiple times, so not all of management is bad.

Advice to Management

I would suggest not raising the voice so much in the workplace, and taking business a little less seriously. I would also suggest encouraging employee growth, and rewarding it when it happens. Also creating a path to a career and not a stepping stone would be great. The opportunities to grow here felt quite slim.

"Old School Technology. CEO behave like a CHILD"

I worked at Pluris full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Salary, 12 time lunch in a year and that's it.

Cons

Do not have time to make list but there are bunch of problems with the organization. Just want to say one thing, DO NOT JOIN PLURIS FOR YOUR GOOD FUTURE.

Advice to Management

Don't lie and Shut the doors

4. "Opportunities"

I worked at Pluris full-time

Pros

Great opportunities to learn and grow professionally. Very wide range of work from running queries, to doing analysis, to presenting strategic marketing recommendations. You will never be bored! Incredible benefit package - the best I've ever had. Very bright and knowledgeable staff willing to help and collaborate.

Cons

If you want to coast this is not the place for you.

5. "Good benefits, lacks career path and encouragement"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Pluris full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pluris' health care coverage is above and beyond anything I've seen, and they have a nice 401K program as well. You really hit the ground running with this company, and keep up that sprint for the length of your employment. The small organization allows individuals to build close working relationships with the clients which fosters a strong trust when making recommendations and providing analysis. Opportunities to travel to client locations for face to face interactions is provided, which I enjoyed.
    Good location in the Denver Tech center. Free sods and snacks if that is your kind of thing

Cons

There is a lack of a defined career path/track/time-table, which I found frustrating. Praise and encouragement is lacking, no matter how much work goes out the door at a high level of quality it's not the type of organization that readily gives pats on the backs. Communication from upper management and between the two offices is often lacking. New projects often take upper management attention away from ongoing projects to the extent that it seems as though the work, and the effort it takes is taken for granted.
    Network support is off site, and leads to delays in attention to everything from computer issues to server problems.

Advice to Management

Work with each employee and HR to define a career path that suits the employee and the company. Enhance communication between the offices. Acknowledge level of effort and high quality of work. Re-vamp Network issue communication system.

6. "Fast paced, challenging, many technologies."

Former Employee - Developer in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Developer in Framingham, MA

I worked at Pluris full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Self direction, little daily oversight, everyone willing to help, opportunities to learn and expand. Unbelievable perks & benefits !

Cons

Did a reorganization recently and consider some way of sharing off hours support tasks and the like.

Advice to Management

Continue the team lunches, perks, benefits, food and the like but you may want to have more celebrations across the offices. Good work recognizing recent excellent achievers above the rest of the team.

"From HR director to the CEO nothing but lies"

Former Employee - Sales in Framingham, MA
    Former Employee - Sales in Framingham, MA

I worked at Pluris full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None that come in my 5 years at Pluris. I made a mistake by taking this job from day one.

Cons

The head of HR lies about everything from the get go. You'll never get a bonus besides a free lunch. The CEO I can't even start to list the reasons he is wrong for any company. You'll be lied to, promised everything but nothing ever gets done. In my 5+ years at Pluris I can't say anything positive. The most recent reviews posted on Glassdoor are the CEO telling current employees to make the company look better. I didn't see one sale the entire time there, they are sitting on a few contracts and if they don't renew .. bye bye Pluris ... be careful if you get an offer from them

Advice to Management

Shut the doors

Pluris Response

Apr 13, 2015 – CEO

It's too bad the position did not work out but the HR person here is one of the most honorable trust worthy people in our industry and is very well liked and appreciated by all. His leadership ... More

8. "Empowerment and Ownership"

Pros

Each individual staff member "owns" their piece; Collaboration is expected and appreciated; Account team cross-trained on all technical aspects of account ownership

Cons

Limited client utilization of channels outside of Direct Mail

9. "Great rewards for those willing to put forth the effort"

I have been working at Pluris full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great compensation benefits; skilled people across operating functions. I have learned more working here than any other company in my career; and I feel like my effort/contribution has major impact on the overall business. It is fact paced, challenging but gives you experience in multiple areas. Clients should know that employees do whatever needs to be done to get them the best service possible.

Cons

If you are lazy, need someone to tell you what to do, and lack the ability to learn new skills or work outside your comfort zone, you're best going somewhere else. No position can "hide in the bureaucracy" - you are on display so you better be prepared to contribute. Also not good if you like 8 - 5 40 hour weeks.

Advice to Management

Consider hiring contract positions if needed; otherwise nothing

10. "Leadership that gets it"

I have been working at Pluris full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Longer sales cycles translated to longer agreements with clients and better than average job security. People here tend to be smart and dedicated. Better than average employee retention. Benefits are without peer. Leadership has a lot of credibility.

Cons

Two offices - in MA and CO - sometimes made communications somewhat more challenging (although this became significantly better.

Advice to Management

Hire more salespeople.