Point Solutions (Virginia) Reviews | Glassdoor

Point Solutions (Virginia) President/CEO Adam Cline
Adam Cline
  1. "Very Dynamic"

Current Employee - Account Executive in McLean, VA

I have been working at Point Solutions (Virginia) full-time for less than a year

Pros

There's something new every day. Not in a bad way, but in a way that keeps things interesting. I hate going into work and doing the same thing day after day. Not here. One day you could be sitting in on a meeting with C-Level execs and the next day talking with small business owners.

Cons

The entry level position taught me a lot about self discipline. I think most people have a difficult time with that.

Advice to Management

Let's get ramped up for some expansion... quickly!

Point Solutions (Virginia)2020-01-23
  2. "A lot of opportunities here"

Current Employee - Account Manager in McLean, VA

Pros

I really enjoy all of the training from the trainers. It seems like they've got the know-how to not only do their job, but to help you learn along the way. I think this company is going places for sure.

Cons

The long hours can be tough to get used to, but they aren't really that bad.

Advice to Management

I think we should do more charity work on the side, like community engagement stuff.

Point Solutions (Virginia)2020-01-14
  3. "Door to door Sales"

Current Employee - Account Executive in McLean, VA

Pros

There are no pros for this job. It's door to door sales.

Cons

It's door to door sales.

Advice to Management

Be upfront.

Point Solutions (Virginia)2020-01-25
  4. "Entry Level Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in McLean, VA

Pros

I really like that the company provides full training for the entry level position. You don't have to have a ton of experience, just the right mindset and attitude. Be willing to learn and take criticism and you'll skyrocket through the ranks here. There's a ton of room to move up!

Cons

At the entry level position, where everyone starts out, it takes a lot of hard work and determination to learn everything within a couple of weeks. You have to be willing to put in the long hours and discipline to get ahead in your career here. You can't just skate through.

Advice to Management

Everything is going very well for me personally, so I don't have any advice at the moment!

Point Solutions (Virginia)2019-12-14
  5. "Management Training"

Current Employee - Account Manager in McLean, VA

Pros

The training program here gets you involved in all aspects of the company. You learn sales and marketing first, then leadership, then administration, then ultimately management.

Cons

At the entry level position, the hard work and long hours can get taxing. You get used to it after a while though.

Advice to Management

Everything is going great. I like it here!

Point Solutions (Virginia)2019-12-02
  6. "Account Management - Entry Level"

Current Employee - Account Manager in McLean, VA

Pros

The expectations were laid out very well during the in-house training. Throughout the next couple of weeks, I got a great crash-course in sales and marketing. I sort of breezed through that since I have a little experience and now I'm learning how to manage people!

Cons

Learning to manage a team of individuals can take long hours and a lot of hard work. However, all of that pays off in the end if you're serious about your career goals.

Advice to Management

Training here is great. I'm loving it!

Point Solutions (Virginia)2019-11-07
  7. "Fantastic Company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in McLean, VA

Pros

I really like the training process here. You get trained in sales and marketing right off the bat in terms that are easy to understand. After that, you get trained in leadership development. Lots of opportunity here.

Cons

The entry level position is a lot of hard work. It isn't complicated, but the long hours and goal setting might be too much for some people.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice right now to give. I'm happy with my career so far.

Point Solutions (Virginia)2019-11-08
  8. "Fast Promotions"

Current Employee - Account Manager in McLean, VA

Pros

The internal promotions come really quick. Also, they only promote managers from within, so you've def got a shot!

Cons

You have to put in the hard work if you want to get to management. Its not an easy job by far and you have to work long hours to stay ahead of the competition. This is probably best suited for people with motivation and long-term success goals.

Advice to Management

I'm very happy to be a part of this awesome growth!

Point Solutions (Virginia)2019-10-24
  9. "The Training Program Prepares You For Anything"

Current Employee - Account Manager in McLean, VA

Pros

The training curriculum here is very comprehensive. They sort of hold your hand in the beginning while you get the hang of it, but the quicker you pick it up, the more you are encouraged to keep going! Great training program!

Cons

The long hours were tough to get acclimated to at first, but with hard work and studying the materials, everything sort of just fell into place after a couple of weeks. The entry level position might be a little intimidating for some people.

Advice to Management

Thoroughly happy here. Keep it up!

Point Solutions (Virginia)2019-10-18
  10. "Great Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Account Manager in McLean, VA

Pros

Many people that work here are new to the industry and just getting started in their careers. Everyone is pretty much like me... upbeat and ready to hit their goals. The company has great support systems to help you do that.

Cons

We put in a lot of hard work and long hours to make the company great. It might be too much for some people.

Advice to Management

I am very happy with the direction of the company and my career.

Point Solutions (Virginia)2019-10-02