Point72 Associate Director Reviews | Glassdoor

Point72 Associate Director Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2019

4.3
Point72 Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, and President Steven A. Cohen (no image)
Steven A. Cohen
  1. "Great place to learn and grow"

I have been working at Point72 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Relatively flat structure that allows for growth and learning. I've had the opportunity to expand my responsibilities and take on projects that I never could have imagined before working here - Company culture that continues to evolve to support employees. There are constantly new initiatives to create more connectivity among employees. Lots of opportunities to volunteer/give back. - People here are generally very nice, smart, and have a wide variety of interests - Great benefits, top pay - Beautiful offices around the globe

Cons

- Can feel disconnected among offices

Point722019-07-26

"Associate Director"

I have been working at Point72 full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

easy to commute, near to grand central train station, easy to commute to CT,NY,NJ

Cons

This is probably one of the worst firm to work for, full of arrogant management, it is clear why this firms name comes up for all the wrong reasons. Most of the people working here are either unable to find employement else where as a result of the image and brand value out on the street. The reason SAC Capital was renamed to Point72 after the scandal was to restore a big ego and image of a fraudster, most of the star traders and portfolio managers have already left the firm. The quant business under the name of Cubist is a joke, the employees of this firm do everything very secretly to the extent of stupidity and irrelevent repetitive man hours being spent on irrelevant projects. My advise would be to avoid this firm altogether as it can really me a career diminishing move given this firms image our on the street.

Advice to Management

Try and stay out of news for all the wrong reason and if possible do something meaningful for once.

Point722018-04-27

"(Cubist) - Awesome Work Environment & Culture"

I have been working at Point72 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I'm currently working with some of the smartest, most dedicated and diligent people I've ever met. Management promotes your individual growth and gives you a lot of flexibility to take on new challenges and assume more responsibilities. The atmosphere is fun and becoming increasingly collegial. The firm is investing heavily in its future and seems like it will be a great place to be for years to come.

Cons

Too many people like cold brew now so there's never enough in the fridge. But honestly, none that immediately come to mind. Three years ago I would have said that Cubist seemed like it was on the periphery of the firm but I definitely feel like we're fully part of the company today.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Point722017-06-20

"Hard but worth it."

Current Employee - Associate Director in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Point72 full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Smart people, good benefits, well known reputation.

Cons

Can be stressful, long hours in many areas, changing culture - not clear what it will be at the end.

Advice to Management

Culture is important, but don't forget about the return on investment.

Point722016-10-24

"Used to be a good company but management overhaul is a disaster"

Associate Director

I have been working at Point72 for more than 10 years

Pros

Work is challenging and a lot of fun if you are self motivated

Cons

I have been at the company for over 10 years and it used to be a good place to work. They overhauled the management and hired a group of completely unqualified people. All they are doing now is pretending to be a family firm and instituting "efficiency" measures which are really just ways to pay employees less. It is so unfortunate as it really used to be a top notch fund.

Advice to Management

Steve should fire all senior management and hire competent people that know the industry.

Point722016-06-29
  6. "Good buyside firm to work with"

Current Employee - Associate Director, Operations in Stamford, CT

I have been working at Point72 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay is good. Family office culture. Good benefit. Working our is not bad. Nice Gym. Good swing space in nyc

Cons

Hard to be promoted to be a senior level as firm promotes when the senior leave. No go internal movement across departments

Advice to Management

Encourage more improvement

Point722015-07-25