Point72 Quantitative Research Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

Point72 Quantitative Research Analyst Reviews

Updated Jan 16, 2018

3.7
Point72 Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, and President Steven A. Cohen (no image)
Steven A. Cohen
0 Rating

"Culture at Cubist Systematic"

Current Employee - Quantitative Research Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Point72 full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Excellent work environment designed to bring the best out of an individual - Frequent research presentations by Academicians, brokers and vendors about new ideas, new technologies and new data - Vast resources in terms of datasets, operations and infrastructure help is available which is critical for the success of a quant manager - Top management is very accessible and working hard to make you succeed by having one to one meetings, providing new ideas and helping you get over any kind of hurdle - HR and support staff at Cubist is the best and most helpful you can find anywhere - Most of the people have been around for a long time at the fund and you get a feel of being at home and not at work

Cons

- Very competitive as you are always competing against the best in the industry, so you get very little time to learn any new skill at work

Advice to Management

- It will be helpful for the employees if there is a mandate that every individual identifies one area to improve or learn every 6 months and takes 1-2 weeks to gain that expertise.

Point722016-02-18
  2. "Good place for quant trading"

Current Employee - Quantitative Research Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Point72 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cubist is a great place for self-motivated, bright, eager quant traders. There are lots of resources to help you be successful

Cons

High expectations and competitive environment lead to long work hours

Point722018-01-16

"I pass"

Former Employee - Quantitative Research Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Point72 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Office close to Grand Central, matching 401K, industry standard pay. Low performance expectations.

Cons

I worked in the quantitative business, Cubist Systematic Strategies, of Point72. There are several PM groups, and each group is different. I found my group too political for my comfort. Moreover there is a decent turnover in technology and support groups. Makes it difficult to work if you are working with one of these groups on a long term project.

Point722016-12-03
  4. "Quantitative Research Analyst"

Former Employee - Quantitative Research Analyst

I worked at Point72 full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You get to work with amazing people - best in the industry. Everyone (well almost) is sharp, reasonable and pleasure to work with. One learns a lot. Fast paced work environment. Some people burn out and leave, others adjust. Pay is good and benefits are great.

Cons

Many groups are working in silos. No way around this though.

Advice to Management

Upper management is not very good at choosing middle management.

Point722014-10-10