Point72 "stamford" Reviews | Glassdoor

Point72 Employee Reviews about "stamford"

Updated 8 Apr 2019

4.1
Point72 CEO Steven A. Cohen (no image)
Steven A. Cohen
Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours (if that matters to you) but the work is always interesting(in 9 reviews)

• "Occasional travel to Stamford can be annoying(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "stamford"

Return to all Reviews

"Great Place for Career Advancement"

Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Point72 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked at P72 for 4 years in two different roles. In both roles, I worked under managers who were consummate professionals and who were ready to be teachers and mentors for someone like myself who was young and inexperienced with HFs. Point72 has one of the best infrastructures available for developing young investors and HF professionals. From the Academy program to a core focus on developing talent, it is a... primary concern of theirs. Additionally, it is a place that generally allows for significant upward and lateral mobility amongst professionals. If you have the work ethic and interest in trying something new, they will find a way to make it work for you. There were a number of employees of various ages, experience levels, and backgrounds like myself who were afforded opportunities to change groups, pursue their interests, and build new skillsets. Additionally, they have pretty solid work-life balance (for finance/HFs) and excellent benefits packages from free, full-coverage healthcare, to brand new facilities and more. Overall it was a tremendously cool place to work. I was treated at all times with respect despite my age and seniority, and was given responsibility to learn and grow and manage projects on my own. I was also invited to travel to other offices globally and attend industry events to broaden my network and gain exposure to current trends and the cutting edge of the industry. I found however, that much of what we worked on at P72 was already ahead of the 'cutting edge' that was being presented at these conferences. Point72 is a super energetic place, and there is a lot going on at once, as it is constantly looking to develop the future of HF finance, both technologically and talent wise. Contrary to what you might hear, the culture has developed quite positively, and each year that I was there it got much better. As with any organization, culture is an ongoing process, but they are focused on the right goals and making significant investments and devoting their attention to continuing to make it a great place to work. If you are looking for someplace where you will be treated with respect and given opportunity, this is a great place to grow your career. The compensation doesn't hurt either.

Cons

Occasional travel to Stamford can be annoying. The Firm is hit-or-miss with this requirement and reimbursement for travel. However, with a move to new Manhattan headquarters at Hudson Yards, this should be less of an issue.

Point722019-04-08
  2. "Investment Services - Summer Analyst"

Former Intern - Summer Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Point72

Pros

The intern program has a fantastic structure and within my team I learned so much. A really supportive culture and from Day 1 I was made to feel like a key member of the team. I wasn't given busy work -- the work I did made a clear difference for the future of my department.

Cons

If you're interning in a smaller department you don't really get to see the other interns very often. It can also be a bit annoying to have to work between the Stamford and NYC office, depending on where you're based.

Point722018-03-29
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Aperio Summer Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Point72

Pros

Trusted interns to do meaningful work and participate in company functions. Took the time to teach the business as well as provide helpful feedback.

Cons

Interned during transition time for company. Not always clear leadership. Most interns were at the company headquarters in Stamford, whereas the Aperio interns were in NY, so we didn't benefit from all of the intern services.

Point722017-09-11

"Cubist / Point72"

Current Employee - Investment Services Employee

I have been working at Point72 full-time

Pros

Pretty good overall culture, but as always, can depend on team. Excellent benefits, fair comp. Management is relatively more transparent than my previous companies. Modern art on display in all offices.

Cons

Some people/teams may be difficult to work with, as is typical in many firms. On the plus side, conflicts are usually resolved smoothly. Distance between Stamford and NYC offices can be a challenge for employees working at both locations.

Point722017-03-21
  6. "P72"

Vice President Engineering in Stamford, CT

I worked at Point72

Pros

Free health insurance kicks but

Cons

the fact that is in stamford

Advice to Management

Avoid any more scrutiny with the SEC and CFTC

Point722016-08-23
  7. "Associate"

I have been working at Point72 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Having recently started working at Point72 I can say the actual experience is different than what I read in the press. The culture is collaborative, at least based on my interaction with people here. There are a lot of exciting initiatives to improve the firm, from both a investment and operation perspective.

Cons

Commuting to Stamford from Manhattan is tiresome. However, the company is going to move to Hudson Yards in a few years which would make this much better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on innovation and improving the firm.

Point722016-08-08
  8. "Operations Analyst - Fixed Income"

Analyst - Operations in New York, NY

I worked at Point72

Pros

Young environment open door policy - you can walk in into any director or VPs office and chat if need be there is a relationship between analyst and directors opportunity to cross- train great benefits Out of work events helps build relationships

Cons

- As an Analyst you will most likely work in the Stamford office which may be a downside for anyone wanting to work in the city.

Advice to Management

I think SAC is a great place to work at. There is diversity and a lot of culture. Work events are a great way to get to know your colleagues and peers.

Point722010-08-03
  9. "Great experience but limited growth opportunitiy"

Operations Intern

I worked at Point72

Pros

- tremendous work benefits - reasonable hours - management is very relaxed and depending on group you're in, can be very helpful and see to your development

Cons

- Usually a one-time deal - buy-side on resume might give wrong impression - stamford location is not as ideal as nyc

Advice to Management

Offer a more formal training program and look to develop young talent. Also, have more communication between upper management and PMs

Point722010-03-07