PointClear Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Dan McDade

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "My personal experience as a BDA"

Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Johns Creek, GA
    Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Johns Creek, GA

I worked at PointClear full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The sales training I received during my time as a BDA was a game changes. Having a salesperson personality is one thing, but having the right skills is a different animal. After taking on this job, I realize I fell into the traditional salesperson approach and skill set; and this job allowed me to make the changes for better success. The environment I experienced during the 2 years with PointClear was very positive and I developed great relationships with my superiors. The health & paid time off benefits are great; and the income structure is wonderful with a base + commission. PointClear partner with a number of fortune 500 companies, and being a part of this team opens your understanding to the needs & challenges of these companies in a number of industries; fueling more growth for you as a salesperson.

Cons

If you are a salesperson that prefer working outside, this job is not for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to seek candidates that are grateful, teachable and flexible to the needs of the client. Because working from home is possible with this type of environment, I'd suggest releasing that authority to individuals that has the right mind-set, integrity and has proven successful adaptation to the unique sales training offered by PointClear.

"Unprofessional COO"

I worked at PointClear full-time

Pros

Good work/life balance. It is a pleasure to work with most of the management team and staff.

Cons

The impotent attempt on the part of the COO to create a culture of fear cannot be taken seriously. Her knee jerk decision making is inconsistent from week to week with no regard for the truth or doing what is right. High turnover is calculated and ongoing.

Advice to Management

Ownership needs to step in and right the ship as the brand is losing its reputation.

"No growth or advancement opportunities"

Current Employee - Business Development Associate in Johns Creek, GA
    Current Employee - Business Development Associate in Johns Creek, GA

I have been working at PointClear full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great job if all you need is to pay bills. Nice people. Professional environment. Time off flexibility. Lots of lunch options in the area. Relatively easy commute. Competitive entry level sales rep salary.

Cons

Zero career advancement opportunities. Company does not promote from within. A top performer quit after 10 years on the phone. Micromanaged rat race grind for 8 hrs every day. i.e. "Your 93rd 'i' is missing a dot. Please change it now." or "You said, 'Hey' on your 78th call instead of 'Hi'. Don't do that." Commission cap. Inconsistent sales incentives. Below average benefit options.

Advice to Management

Post job openings to offer employees an opportunity to advance their careers. It's very discouraging to see new managers join the company for openings that were not announced internally.

4. "BDA"

I worked at PointClear full-time

Pros

Great opportunity to learn how to effectively execute Solution Selling principles via the phone. They have a great training program conducted by their Sales Training Director. She will teach you all aspects of effective lead generation.

Cons

Commission payouts could be improved.

Advice to Management

Ensure you continue to execute your current Sales Training program. This program is the best aspect of your company.

5. "Business Development Associate"

I worked at PointClear full-time

Pros

PointClear gave me the opportunity to "reinvent" myself with exposure to multiple hi-tech companies. I received in depth training on the companies and products we represented and was able to develop new business across numerous vertical markets.

Cons

The phone work was a grind but necessary to gain the skills required.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

6. "Basic job. Not that difficult. But the management can be difficult to deal."

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Johns Creek, GA
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Johns Creek, GA

I have been working at PointClear full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very nice co-workers. Laid back atmosphere. Depending on which program you're working on, the job isn't that difficult.

Cons

There isn't a lot of consistency in how you're dealt with. One person can get written up or fired for the same thing that someone else does with no logical understanding of why it's okay for this person but not that person. That's the case with a lot of things. The managers definitely have their favorites. Nor is there consistency​ between managers. One is very laid back in day to day operations, but does everything by the book (cya). Another is much more micro-managing in the day to day, which can be a pain - but offers a little more flexibility in some areas. They like to say that many employees have gone on to be VPs of Sales and other such things as a result of the "training" you get here. Im sure that the people have gone on to do other things, but I am sceptical of it being BECAUSE of anything at PointClear. One of the managers is also the "trainer", and some of the training is applicable. But a lot of it is also just theory. And most people just listen to it, give it it's due consideration, and then move on.

Overall, if you can get on a good program and stay there, you can have some success. Won't make a lot of money, but you'll be successful relative to this job. But if you get on the wrong program, you will be in trouble. Some programs are much harder than others. And they don't seem to take that into consideration when firing people. It's not uncommon to come in one day and someone's just gone - even though they're successful much more than they aren't. They just landed on the wrong program. Had trouble producing on that one program, and they let him go. Regardless of past success. The current environment seems to be going younger and cheaper, whereas previously they were hiring older, more experienced staff that probably cost more money. I know that the company has had trouble keeping clients lately, so it could be a result of the finances that come along with that. But there is definitely a shift to younger, and probably cheaper, staff lately.

Other than the relative simplicity of the job, it really isn't somewhere you want to be long term. Even though the company will probably come back and say that the majority of their staff has been there a long time. I can assure you it isn't because of either the money or they really enjoy the job. It's usually because it's close to their home, or they feel it's just an easy job for the most part. Pretty much everyone that leaves says that they find something else much more enjoyable and definitely making more money.

Advice to Management

Have just one set of rules that apply to everyone. If x is good enough for this guy, then it should be good enough for everyone. Even your managers aren't consistent. Very few things seem to be. It all depends on which day you ask, or what the mood of the company on that day is. Very frustrating to ask 2-3 managers the same question, and get 2-3 different answers. But yet, my job security is dependent upon getting "the right answer." Very frustrating.

"Interview process"

Pros

Very organized interview process . HR woman was polite and friendly. And the company was housed in a very nice office building.

Cons

Was handed a one page bio ( vague) on a fake company and was asked to do a "roll play" on the phone for what I imagined was an exercise to see how my phone presence came across. The woman was snippy and kept cutting me off and was very rude when I didn't respond the way she deemed appropriate. It was as if I was doing my first review of performance all without being told at all what exactly was the goal they were looking for me to achieve on this "roll playing call".

Advice to Management

To please be more clear in what you are looking for so that one may better showcase their skills before being so rude and disapproving of what someone is saying in an impromptu call with no clear directive of what one is expected to achieve.

8. "Program Manager"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Johns Creek, GA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Johns Creek, GA

I have been working at PointClear full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Flexibility
    - Great Leadership team

Cons

- Can't think of any

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

"Low pay, high stress"

Pros

Coworkers
    Benefits
    Decent commute
    I am trying to fill out a 20 word minimum requirement and having a very difficult time doing so.

Cons

Training is insufficient , I asked many questions and was demeaned when I tried to clarify certain policies. Management is very rude and snooty. HR is very unprofessional as well, and acts as if they have no class. Low pay for very high stress position.

Advice to Management

Turn in your resignations and allow competent and worthy people to manage this circus of a business. Learn to stop acting like you are perfect and that yout employees are just a group of minions . Treat your employees with diginity and respect as we are on the frontlines dealing directly with clients.

PointClear Response

Aug 25, 2016 – COO

It’s disappointing to hear about your experience as an employee at PointClear and it’s very unusual as this is not feedback we hear from current or former employees. Through both our employee... More

"Micromanagement at its finest"

Current Employee - Business Development Associate
    Current Employee - Business Development Associate

I have been working at PointClear full-time

Pros

Decent hours
    No weekends
    That is all I can think of

Cons

Low pay
    Micromanagement
    No room for advancement
    Unrealistic metrics

Advice to Management

Learn to treat your employees fairly and with respect. Stop setting ridiculous expectations, that you yourself can't even deliver. Stop promoting incompetence.