PointClickCare Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated 28 Aug 2019

4.7
PointClickCare CEO Mike Wessinger
Mike Wessinger

"Mission focused tech company"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Remote, OR

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast pace, tons of opportunity for personal growth, serving long term care organizatons, and being mentally challenged on a daily basis. The culture is truly different than other organizations. Based out of Canada PCC is more diverse, flexible, and empowering. The expectations are still high yet the environment is to be self-directed and self-motivated rather than a manager constantly looking over your shoulder and... monitoring your work. I also love how fluid working for a tech company can be!

Cons

The fluid nature of a tech company may not be for everyone. You also need to know if you are a self starter by nature or not. If you prefer more structure and guidance this may not be the best fit.

Advice to Management

Keep providing equal opportunity for learning, growth and keep focusing on diversity in the workplace. It is making a difference in our workplace environment.

PointClickCare2019-07-26

"Best Company I’ve ever worked for!!!!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, remote, great benefits, awesome people!!! Have ideas?? Great bc they love people with ideas, no status quo here!!!! Love my colleagues

Cons

Can’t think of any, seriously though I know every job has cons but when you look at all the pros it’s hard to see any cons

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, continue listening to your employees and trying new things and learning new things

PointClickCare2018-03-02

"Coming to PCC was quite literally the best decision of my career..."

Current Employee - Pharmacy Program Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome flexibility and autonomy that is afforded to me by working from home. Talented, smart and fun co-workers that make every day exciting. Amazing leadership that provides a vision for taking care of our customers and a culture of taking care of the employees. Wonderful customers and partners that motivate and challenge us to provide the best solutions in the market.

Cons

Typical growing pains of a successful startup that has grown exponentially in the past few years. Sometimes there is not enough internal processes and sometimes there is too much. Its seems we are still trying to find the right balance at this stage in the company's evolution.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! We are #1 for a reason!

PointClickCare2017-08-18

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Remote, OR

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the diversity of this company as a whole. They are forward thinking and the owners understand what it's like to not be an owner.

Cons

There aren't really any challenges. The company is quite large and manipulating your way through the departments can be a challenge, but coworkers are incredibly helpful and always willing to help.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

PointClickCare2017-08-15

"Good company to work for!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Remote, OR

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible work schedule, unlimited vacation. good upper management and opportunities for growth.

Cons

Huge caseloads, staff work long hours and its hard to remove yourself for family time, even though we have somewhat flexible work times. The start up crew are very tight knit. Very fast growing company past few years.

Advice to Management

Quit Micromanaging so much!

PointClickCare2017-06-29

"A loyal employee"

Current Employee - Manager in Remote, OR

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Company, lots of potential

Cons

Agree with the Jan 13th 2017 reviewer, the COO drove some of the best leaders out of the company in favor of his incompetent cronies.

Advice to Management

Do something. It's been over a year now that we are in complete disarray.

PointClickCare2017-01-16

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Outstanding company growth and industry leader

Cons

Remote employees have little growth opportunities

PointClickCare2016-03-08

"good possibilities.... but the company needs to slow down on acquisitions"

Project Manager in Remote, OR

I worked at PointClickCare for more than 3 years

Pros

Has the vision to be successful. The owners really do care about employees.

Cons

Growing too rapidly to really understand the market and their processes. LIttle support or acknowledgement for remote employees. Creates unobtainable goals and metrics without considering work/ life balance.

Advice to Management

slow down and allow your staff to do the quality work they want instead of meeting unreachable financial goals for your pockets.

PointClickCare2015-11-17

"Work doesn't always have to suck"

Project Manager in Remote, OR

I have been working at PointClickCare

Pros

Positive culture, open to creativity. Motto is "work doesn't always have to suck" and they mean it. Dress code is open which allows for personality and freedom which makes work more enjoyable and employees more likely to want to work hard. Culture promotes vacation time and decompression which they believe makes the hard work easier to handle. I agree

Cons

The company is growing and changing so quickly that there are the expected growing pains. You must be able to adapt to changes daily which sometimes can be stressful. If you aren't an independent thinker and can't self motivate this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Stop and take a breather between growing to stop and check where you are currently at to make sure that current processes are stable before adding new things to the mix.

PointClickCare2015-06-21

"Amazing place, Great vision, Bright future"

Current Employee - Manager in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are so many pros about this place and I'll try to list a few: 1- Very modern workplace with open space concept, onsite gym, Pool table, Ping pong table, Air hockey, play station, virtual golf, employee lounge , etc. 2- Company has been growing for the past few years and considering the client base, the expectation is to continue to grow 3- Amazing employee on-boarding program , they invest a lot of time... and effort for the employee to feel that they are part of a family and this is not just another job 4- Executives are very engaged and you can see the president having lunch in the cafeteria with everyone else 5- A lot of amazing perks including subsidized lunch, free snacks, drink, coffee, etc.

Cons

The company still operates like a startup in many areas. there are good initiatives to address this issue but if you are used to a very structured and well managed process oriented environment, a lot of things might frustrate you. Like any other modern company, there is a trade-off when you are receiving these many perks in the office ; this is not a 9-5 job. expect to spend longer hours in the office and get the... job done but it's a nice office so you might not mind spending more time in it.

Advice to Management

Great job! but as you are fully aware, what got the company to this point will not necessarily get us to next step. need to get out of startup mode to move toward a billion dollar company.

PointClickCare2019-08-28