PointClickCare Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 298 reviews

4.1
PointClickCare CEO Mike Wessinger
Mike Wessinger

"it could always be worse"

Former Employee - SME in Denver, CO

I worked at PointClickCare full-time

Pros

Great company vision, products, benefits Nice to work from home You feel a sense of worth from your clients just not so much from management unless you are in the click.

Cons

First off this is an honest review of how it can feel to work in a specific department. I can't believe the whole company is this way. Certifications. How does taking a test every week of your life for the first 6-8 months of your career sound? Knowing that if you fail 3 you are fired. Senior & Middle Management (non-home office) The workload is very stressful. The management team are managers not leaders. They...

Advice to Management

Re-train middle management or clean house. They are becoming the cancer within. They get promoted higher because they know people and know how to work the system to their benefit. Eventually they will be high enough in the company where their impact is much larger and they will be driving the company into the ground.

PointClickCare2016-05-18

"90 days and counting..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

I have been working at PointClickCare

Pros

The culture is the number one thing that Mike, the CEO, preaches about in every town hall. PointClickCare practices what it preaches from the top down! People are what makes the company and people are what's the most important thing here. As a remote employee, I still feel very much part of a true team. We have weekly meetings as a team, weekly touchbase with your supervisors (who never finds something more important...

Cons

Moving a bit too quickly on some new initiatives. I think the product should be developed more before selling it to clients. PointClickCare was built on having a great product and I just want to keep that reputation in tact.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, especially on appreciating your employees. Most will go over and above when they truly feel appreciated

PointClickCare2016-03-07

PointClickCare Response

March 11, 2016Recruitment Programs Specialist

Thank you! Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

"Project Manager"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Outstanding company growth and industry leader

Cons

Remote employees have little growth opportunities

PointClickCare2016-03-08
  4. "Tier 2 technician"

I worked at PointClickCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Too many to list. This company is based in Canada, not US, their values are much different. They truly care about the people, and not just work. "Work shouldn't suck" is their motto, and it doesn't here.

Cons

There is always room for improvement with all of us, so I am not sure about cons...I enjoyed my time there

Advice to Management

Rock on

PointClickCare2016-02-12

"good possibilities.... but the company needs to slow down on acquisitions"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Remote, OR

I worked at PointClickCare for more than 3 years

Pros

Has the vision to be successful. The owners really do care about employees.

Cons

Growing too rapidly to really understand the market and their processes. LIttle support or acknowledgement for remote employees. Creates unobtainable goals and metrics without considering work/ life balance.

Advice to Management

slow down and allow your staff to do the quality work they want instead of meeting unreachable financial goals for your pockets.

PointClickCare2015-11-17

"Family-run business"

I worked at PointClickCare

Pros

Friendly working environment Great co-workers Agile development methodology

Cons

Average salary Family-run business Inexperienced management Not innovative

Advice to Management

The company really had to hire more mid-level management professionals to run the company rather than relying on the founding employees as its management team.

PointClickCare2015-07-22

"Interesting year ahead for PointClickCare"

Current Employee - Account Management/Sales in Austin, TX

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Many perks to working at PointClickCare such as the free lunch, gym, cross-fit, culture, social outings. Management supports professional growth. They generally hire really good people.

Cons

There are a number of really good managers, and a few not so good managers. The recent change in sales leadership is a cause for concern. The internal infrastructure is weak which make it difficult to gather information.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff and trust and empower them to make decisions without the constant need for executive approval.

PointClickCare2015-07-24

"Work doesn't always have to suck"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Remote, OR

I have been working at PointClickCare

Pros

Positive culture, open to creativity. Motto is "work doesn't always have to suck" and they mean it. Dress code is open which allows for personality and freedom which makes work more enjoyable and employees more likely to want to work hard. Culture promotes vacation time and decompression which they believe makes the hard work easier to handle. I agree

Cons

The company is growing and changing so quickly that there are the expected growing pains. You must be able to adapt to changes daily which sometimes can be stressful. If you aren't an independent thinker and can't self motivate this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Stop and take a breather between growing to stop and check where you are currently at to make sure that current processes are stable before adding new things to the mix.

PointClickCare2015-06-21

"Home For Me. Five years, what a ride..."

Current Employee - Director of Corporate Relations in New York, NY

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I am treated like an adult. As a mother of four children they have given me the flexibility and support I need to raise my family properly. Our culture starts at the top with Mike and Dave Wessinger. Both brothers are not only brilliant but funny, likable and truly genuine. They make you want to give nothing short of your all. I feel extremely blessed to be aboard this rocket ship. A+++

Cons

I work remotely so I miss out on the catered lunches, trainers and in house yoga classes!

Advice to Management

Never change...

PointClickCare2014-07-22
  10. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at PointClickCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Interesting work, serving an important market (our grandparents). PointClickCare treat their employees really well, and have all kinds of great benefits . Lots of independence to do my work, with support when needed

Cons

Some slow "bureaucratic" processes - but even these we are working on to improve.

PointClickCare2019-07-11