Polaris Marketing Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 17, 2016

Found 21 reviews

4.0
Michael Da Graca Pinto
  1. "Merit Based Opportunity"

I have been working at Polaris Marketing Group full-time

Pros

I love working at Polaris Marketing Group, because they give me the tools to be successful. The opportunity is merit based so I have the ability to advance as quickly as I want. The environment is positive and encouraging. I get excited to come to work for not only for my opportunity but also to help others realize their potential.

Cons

I work harder than most to get the results I want. When I don't get the results I want, I have no one to blame but myself.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all you do!

Polaris Marketing Group2016-04-23
  2. "Almost a waste of time"

I worked at Polaris Marketing Group

Pros

Really push you beyond your limits and expose you to a raw sales experience. You walk away with more information regarding sales techniques and meet a lot of people.

Cons

Pay structure is misleading and is continuously changing. You must use your own funds for the duration of training before you actually make a profit. Not exactly beneficial for people looking to make money quickly. The hours are endless and you'll be adding an absurd amount of miles to your vehicle with no compensation.

Advice to Management

Management needs to be a little more upfront regarding pay and the amount of personal resources to be utilized.

Polaris Marketing Group2016-10-18
  3. "sales rep"

I worked at Polaris Marketing Group

Pros

Not a bad starting job. Learn a lot and good for sales experience. Weekends off

Cons

Lots of time spent in your car going from door to sales. Long hours and little pay. No compensation for gas or wear and tear on your car. Limited to one territory for sales. All commission based

Advice to Management

Be more upfront with the payment structure, and more time training new guys.

Polaris Marketing Group2016-09-21
  4. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at Polaris Marketing Group

Pros

They say you can make a lot of money if you put a lot of hours in, but I only worked there for one day. The people working there seem very happy with the job. I think it can be a very good opportunity, depending on what you are looking for in a company.

Cons

Seems to be a turbulent work environment. This might be because it is a new company. A lot of abrupt change in management and scope of work. I accepted the job offer from PMG, but before my first day of training I got a call saying that the CEO was sick and stepped down. I therefore was going to be working with a whole new company (Westside Direct, Inc), with a new CEO, selling a new product, with a completely different...

Advice to Management

I would say, just have more communication with employees about whats going on in the company. Also help the employees better understand the company structure--how one person getting sick changes the entire company name. That way they won't be blind sided by abrupt changes. Also think the commission structure should have a base pay. If there isn't one, be up front about that during the interview process. Lastly,...

Polaris Marketing Group2016-07-11
  5. "Great People and a Great oppurtunity to be more than an average person"

Former Employee - B2B Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Polaris Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Justin and Michael are the best they teach you how to be successful in a great market. Justin was my boss personally and he would do anything for any of his employees!! He very motivating and positive and has big Respect for anyone in that office!! Show you if you work hard you will be successful!!

Cons

Early hours and thats all i have just cause im not a morning person

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!! You have wonderful people and a great environment!! Justin and michael deserve complete success with this company!

Polaris Marketing Group2016-04-20

"More Like Family than Friends!"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Polaris Marketing Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment, educational, honest, high integrity, full training

Cons

Early hours, could be more organized

Advice to Management

Keep pushing, keep going!

Polaris Marketing Group2016-02-18

"You get out what you put in!"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Polaris Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company is perfect for anyone willing to work to make it to the top and it is an opportunity for a rich life- monetarily and in the way that you live it. Everything we do is very simple and very trainable as long as you have the right mentality to do so. It's not for the faint hearted. If you know what your goals are and can keep your eye on the prize, they're never too far out of reach. Everyone in this company...

Cons

The biggest cons are the few times we are not a top 10 office! The hours can be long

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. All the work you put in does not go unnoticed, and there's no doubt that you will go far and reach your own goals as well

Polaris Marketing Group2015-10-10

"Sales Consultant - Intern"

I worked at Polaris Marketing Group part-time

Pros

Right from the two interview rounds to the beginning few weeks, I felt comfortable at the office thanks to the President (Michael), campaign manager, and corporate trainers. The office culture is great with morning meetings and team bells. Flexible management.

Cons

Long hours of work. Commission based at the beginning.

Advice to Management

Hope to see Polaris Marketing Group, Inc. grow further in 2016.

Polaris Marketing Group2015-09-17

"Let's be honest."

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Polaris Marketing Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with, had a good time almost everyday. Morning meetings were fun, but kind of a waste of time.

Cons

PAY. Considering you have to pay your own way with gas and everything the average pay of $500 a week is a joke.

Advice to Management

Too much kool-aide for my liking. Be honest with people about what to expect and what they will receive from the job. Good experience but not a real career.

Polaris Marketing Group2015-09-01

"Door to door sales"

I worked at Polaris Marketing Group full-time

Pros

-Great environment -Energetic and fun people -Great boss -Morning meetings to get you pumped up -Good potential to grow within the company

Cons

-Door to door sales where you pest business owners for personal information (SSN, DL#, etc) so they can switch their phone service to Tmobile -No compensation for gas -Crazy employee turnover rate -No true base salary. You have to sign up 3 people a week in order to get base. -10 hour work days, 8 of those are on your feet

Advice to Management

Take the time to actually train your new employees. Don't just throw them out to the sharks! Thoroughly explain the compensation and truly work to help better your employees. That would decrease the turnover rate.

Polaris Marketing Group2015-06-27