Policy Studies Reviews | Glassdoor

Policy Studies Reviews

Updated May 15, 2016

2.8
Policy Studies CEO Margaret M. Laub (no image)
Margaret M. Laub
  1. "Diverse Company"

in Fishers, IN

I have been working at Policy Studies

Pros

Flexibility; Consideration is given to creative, positive suggestions

Cons

Below market wages Family Medical Benefits are unaffordable

Advice to Management

I am uncomfortable responding to this question.

Policy Studies2010-02-24

"Proceed with caution"

Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Policy Studies

Pros

Work with human services agencies, the people at the project level are usually very talented

Cons

Sr. Management has driven off key staff, few opportunities for advancement, poor communication about important events, high spend on initiatives that are risky

Advice to Management

Get back to the basics of what made PSI successful.

Policy Studies2008-06-12
  3. "This company does not deserve it's current rating"

I worked at Policy Studies for less than a year

Pros

Location is cool and co-workers are nice The office is very nice / modern Good places to eat Close to the light rail They provide an eco pass to employees

Cons

Known as one of the worst places to work in Denver Arrogant, close minded IT operations people

Advice to Management

If I were Maximus, I would consider your acquisition as "an investment into broadening our channel", and bring everything back home and dissolve the PSI Denver, CO office.

Policy Studies2012-10-08
  4. "PSI is a terrible company to work for. Co-workers and Supervisors have no problem lying to protect their positions."

I worked at Policy Studies

Pros

I think that the projects out in the field did good work and really cared about serving and helping the participants.

Cons

Management communicates poorly to the general staff population and as a result rumors are rampant. Compensation is unevenly administered. There is a total lack of accountability on the part of Director and VP level managers.

Advice to Management

The board of directors should replace all executive and VP level managers. Or, they should just sell the company like they were planning to.

Policy Studies2012-04-04
  5. "If I lose my current position and could not get a job anywhere else maybe I would re-apply"

I worked at Policy Studies

Pros

Hiring seems inconsistent. One very good entry level followed by terrible mid-level Leader. Met some exceptionally talented people in management. HR appears well informed of proper business practices.

Cons

Leaders culture seems as they are experts of everything regardless of field they are addressing. A few exceptional Leaders I met seem to look the other way or don't notice poor lower level managers.

Advice to Management

The detailed evaluations on employees and the hiring process appear in the end to be fluff covering poor personal decisions. You are losing very talented people (and missing out on others).

Policy Studies2011-09-08
  6. "Wouldn't go back"

I worked at Policy Studies

Pros

Good benefits The employees truly care for the people they serve. The company is very inovative and is constantly changing and adapting

Cons

Employees are overloaded Employees do not feel appreciated Strict site policies make it feel like a call center not a social services office. No room to move up. Employees are not moved up do to the fact that they have a large caseload Questionable new hires over promoting from within. Some employees are targeted

Advice to Management

Give your workers more freedom, change them from hourly to salary and allow them to get their jobs done. Quit holding promotions/raises over employees head and just be honest that they aren't going to get it. Encourage a more "fun" work enviroment. Hold site managers accountable for employee satisfaction instead of just dollars. Offices need an HR presence instead of only HR reps being in Denver.

Policy Studies2011-04-18
  7. "Good place to work"

Site Manager

I worked at Policy Studies

Pros

Policy Studies was a good place to work. Sr Mgmt was honest and open about what needed to be done in the difficult economy. They were always very supportive.

Cons

The offices could have been located in safer places

Policy Studies2011-01-31
  8. "Great Human Services experience"

I have been working at Policy Studies

Pros

Great commraderie among coworkers. Team cohesiveness when it counts. Department able to get the job done despite numerous setbacks and delays.

Cons

Over-promise, under-deliver is order of the day. All departments use this philosophy. Externally, to obtain the contract and wow the client, internally, to not be the stand-out that can't be part of the "positive movement forward".

Advice to Management

Listen and react to front line workers. Have the nerve to stand up to the client at times and know that PSI has the better way to do things (if/when they do).

Policy Studies2010-06-09
  9. "Fair Assessment"

I worked at Policy Studies

Pros

Staff work hard and are very dedicated

Cons

CEO is irratic and not receptive to opinions of others

Advice to Management

learn to listen

Policy Studies2009-12-14

"Its not just a job, its only a job!"

Technical

I worked at Policy Studies

Pros

A stable paycheck and the coworkers are usually pleasant. A great place for people looking for just a job and who don't want to work too hard.

Cons

Some of the technical folks seemed hesitant to make changes or use newer technologies. Bureaucracy was rampant and individuals could not make changes or improvements. Communication was completely lacking, and senior management would decide what they though was best rather than listen to the folks who were doing the job.

Advice to Management

Be more open to the experience of the people in the remote offices. Discuss ideas before making broad policy and business practice changes.

Policy Studies2009-04-29