Poly-Wood Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2018

Found 12 reviews

4.6
Doug Rassi
  1. "Great culture and emphasis on taking care of its employees and customers. Polywood has something special going on."

Current Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Syracuse, IN

I have been working at Poly-Wood full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good place, good culture. Flexible and understanding leadership.

Cons

Not many. The production line can be hectic but in what place isn’t. They take care of its people.

Poly-Wood2018-11-17
  2. "Polywood A great place to work"

I have been working at Poly-Wood full-time

Pros

Nice company to work for with nice benefits.

Cons

There's really nothing to say

Poly-Wood2017-10-12
  3. "Outstanding Company and Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, IN

I have been working at Poly-Wood full-time for more than a year

Pros

The greatest thing about Polywood is the energy the company has. The growth over the past decade has brought Polywood to prominence and the company isn't showing signs of slowing. From larger and larger contracts and expanding markets, Polywood is beginning to reach all segments of the outdoor furniture world and building a reputation for the best furniture in the business, both in design and quality. Management is...

Cons

I truly have no cons that I can give about the company policies, structure, or management. Personally, I had to relocate closer to Syracuse to cut down my commute time, but if you're already living in this area, this isn't a con at all.

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent job of being forward-looking and proactive about the company's future and maintain the friendly, small-company feel as the growth continues here.

Poly-Wood2017-08-08
  4. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Poly-Wood full-time

Pros

Culture, environment, advancement opportunities. Growing and evolving company.

Cons

Slow to make decisions. Pay

Poly-Wood2017-08-04
  5. "Good Job, great enviroment, not a lot of money to be made"

I worked at Poly-Wood full-time

Pros

Environment and management were very helpful. Management gave you a task and expected you to do it without them looking over your shoulder.

Cons

Benefits don't kick in until you have been there 3 months or a year. Pay is god for the work that you do, but it is not something that you can support a family on.

Advice to Management

I really do not have much advice. They all worked as hard as anyone else, and were never to busy to answer a question.

Poly-Wood2016-11-03

"Innovative & Engaging environment"

I have been working at Poly-Wood full-time

Pros

The culture is built on collaboration and teamwork. There is an openness to change as the focus is to grow and be more efficient in our process. Everyone works together in teams, from office to assembly, we work together to accomplish the mission. The company has experienced a lot of growth over the last ten years and continues the upward trend. Even through the growth and change, employees can still enjoy a balanced...

Cons

When production area's are short handed due to people not showing up to work. Management tries their best to get good people in here, but people need to apply themselves.

Advice to Management

Keep on innovating, the product is amazing! I am proud to work for such a great employer.

Poly-Wood2016-03-25

"Great Progressive Company"

I have been working at Poly-Wood full-time

Pros

This is a company that has employees who are dynamic, highly collaborative, and built on a genuine trust for one another. Poly-Wood promotes cross-collaboration between all team members in various departments. In production When goals are met, they provide lunch on Fridays! Give out T-shirts, Free Gym Membership, have certification and advancement programs in place that you can increase your hourly wage quickly.

Cons

This is a fast growing company - which is very good, but things are constantly changing, so you need to be flexible. If you are open to change and can embrace it you won't have any problems here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep the culture alive as you grow!

Poly-Wood2016-02-16
  8. "Didn't Return The Commitment I had To Them"

I worked at Poly-Wood full-time

Pros

Clean, nice facility with generally nice people working there although very few are what one would consider high caliber.

Cons

I was very committed to them and met and exceeded all expectations however after only a few years of working there suddenly I was let go without any real expectation.

Poly-Wood2016-02-04

"Amazing Culture!"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Syracuse, IN

I have been working at Poly-Wood full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture at Poly-Wood is something I've never experienced. The push for collaboration and encouragement to think outside your job title is a great environment to work in. I wake up and truly look forward to going to work. Another employee described it perfectly, there is a genuine trust with employees and each person matters and plays a part in the company's growth. Bonus - there is a gourmet kitchen stocked with...

Cons

If you're someone who needs constant direction and guidance, this might now be the place for you. Employees are given tasks and expected to follow-through without micro-management. This is the best work environment for me, but might not work for others.

Poly-Wood2015-08-18

"Fast paced work environment with young fun colleagues."

I have been working at Poly-Wood full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun office environment, endless opportunities for vertical advancement in a growing industry, competitive pay, travel options available, flexible & understanding work scheduling, youthful office culture

Cons

Long weekend hours sometimes required on special projects (but not without agreement to take the project on), and like any company, communication could be improved

Poly-Wood2014-10-20