PolyOne Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Robert M. Patterson

Pros
  • Good benefits and pay structure (in 10 reviews)

• Great benefits, good work-life balance (in 4 reviews)

"Good corporate environment"

Former Employee - Process Engineer in Avon Lake, OH
    Former Employee - Process Engineer in Avon Lake, OH

I worked at PolyOne full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

* top class polymer company

Cons

No cons in my view

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

2. "Lab Tech."

Current Employee - Lab Technician
    Current Employee - Lab Technician

I have been working at PolyOne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are unlimited opportunities available to motivated employees. Safety is the number one priority and it is not a company that just says that, they really have that mentality.

Cons

I do not have any complaints because your environment is what you make it and if I do not have a solutions to offer then I do not complain.

Advice to Management

Never stop improving and always fight the "that is how we have always done it" mentality. Stay positive with employees and encourage them to learn and educate themselves in all areas of the business.

3. "Sourcing Specialist"

Former Employee - Procurement Sourcing Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Procurement Sourcing Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at PolyOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company! A lot of growth opportunities, strong management teams, and exceptional enthusiastic corporate culture!

Cons

none! I dont really have any, i had a great experience here

5. "PolyOne Review"

I have been working at PolyOne full-time

Pros

PolyOne is very flexible and fun

Cons

There aren't any downsides right now

"Summer Intern"

Current Employee - Internship in Avon Lake, OH
    Current Employee - Internship in Avon Lake, OH

Pros

I loved working at PolyOne!! I thought the people were incredibly helpful and wanted me to progress as a person. I made great friends at PolyOne and had excellent bosses. I was given meaningful work, even as an intern. I hope to come back next year!

Cons

I didn't have anything I really disliked.

7. "Good Room for Growth if You Can Deal with Politics"

I worked at PolyOne full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, they like to promote internally, decent work environment. Depending on location, managers good with flex time (not at HQ so much). Have extensive resources to help get job done.

Cons

Lots of politics (like any corporate company), too many structure/org changes before give time of previous changes to take. Need to stay the course instead of making so many knee-jerk changes.

"Good Company with Lots to Offer"

Former Employee - Industry Marketing Manager in Avon Lake, OH
    Former Employee - Industry Marketing Manager in Avon Lake, OH

I worked at PolyOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Global reach, strategic focus, good executive leadership, career development opportunities, professional development tracks (LSS), very competent rank and file employees who will work very hard to get the job done, great performance bonuses offer everyone a chance to make some extra money. Would work for them again one day in a different capacity.

Cons

Very conservative culture tends to stifle creativity and entrepreneurial spirit. Some long-tenured employees who really need to consider retirement or moving on. Occasional "not-invented-here" mentality tends to rear its ugly head.

Advice to Management

Loosen up and have fun.

"Great company, great vision but be prepared to work very hard"

I worked at PolyOne full-time

Pros

Pays very well - very competitive. Strong values and ethics, and a strong value approach to their products and services. Great people, most of who will go to the wall to help each other succeed and service the customer. Good benefits and can be a stable place to have a career if you are a consistently strong performer. Many divisions and locations so there are lots of opportunities to explore different product groups and positions.

Cons

As a public company, they can often be shortsighted in their tactics in order to ensure they meet their quarterly and year end metrics to maintain/increase their stock price. This can result in different departments having different objectives that may not be in the customer's best interests lon-term. You will work very hard here - in some roles, often nights, weekends and while on vacation. Management gives more priority to commercial and management roles than to support roles which often creates bottlenecks and insufficient support and leads to poor morale. As said in some other reviews, executive management seems to regard personnel as sheep or horses at times - incapable of making good decisions on their own and prone to idleness if they don't stay on them and overload them with metrics and documentation and additional tasks. They have taken away most of the decision making capability from medium levels and hired layers of managers instead, often requiring a series of approvals to get logical things accomplished.

Advice to Management

If you have taken the time to train, coach and/or qualify good employees or new hires, trust them to handle the roles that you assign them and try to recognize that while hard work is not the same as results, that most of your employees are doing their best to implement your strategies so it helps to let them know you know that, even when the results aren't as good as you had hoped for or led Wall Street to believe.

"Good, but every employer has downs."

I have been working at PolyOne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent training provided for every position. Clear vision for the company's future. Competitive compensation and good benefits.

Cons

Unrealistic quotas. Continued pressure and constant new protocols. Complicated inter workings.

Advice to Management

Listen and apply some concerns from employees.

11. "Good Start for College Grads"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Washington, DC

Pros

Perks - company car, cell phone, laptop, flexible hours, work from home office

Cons

Extensive travel, long drives. Loneliness.

Advice to Management

Hire more young employees. The age gap is pretty large between the older sellers and the younger sellers.