PolyVista Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 29, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Shahbaz Anwar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Brilliant Experience at PolyVista"

Current Employee - Lead UI Designer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Lead UI Designer in Houston, TX

I have been working at PolyVista full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging environment
    Management is very energetic and dedicated
    Direct coworkers were friendly and helpful

Cons

Consistency and timely cook the products for sale

Advice to Management

Need to address marketing

2. "Lots of Untapped Potential"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at PolyVista full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

First and foremost, I had a lot of super talented, smart, and driven coworkers, that were also great people at heart and a pleasure to work with. We were given many tasks and challenged to come up with and execute creative and resourceful solutions to solve internal and external business problems. Few layers of management kept communication lines very strong, as well as fostering a greater sense of teamwork. A pretty incredible "big name" client base for such a small company, and so many of the clients spoke very highly of the technology they used, and the services that were delivered, leading to a very high client retention rate.

Cons

Although many great coworkers, the leadership and direction from all levels of management was often lacking, and ever-changing. New products launched nearly every year with little/no market-testing, marketing push, or sales training - leading to a difficult sell. Product mix became jumbled, went away from a true "core specialty" to a wider variety which often confused potential clients who had a singular focus. Often seemed as there was a substantial misappropriation of resources, leading to individuals/groups stuck trying to climb out of the mud on their own. Comp plans for most were ever-changing and below industry averages, and outside of PTO there was little on the side of benefits offered. Poorly performing exec when I started created a large hole that was/is a challenge to try and recover from such a large number of missteps.

Advice to Management

There has been so much change in so little time at PolyVista that some amazing employees left because they never saw the light at the end of the tunnel, or even knew how to get there if they did happen to see it. Do everything you can to retain your good people, and don't allow the poor employees to leech for so long with little/no ROI. The client list and retention rate speak to the power and value of the tech/services, but you need a clear and smart direction to grow. Continue to build on previous successes with a singular "laser focused" core offering; not a wide, confusing, and (sometimes) underwhelming mix.

3. "Great Product, Horrible Management"

I worked at PolyVista full-time

Pros

It was fun until they decided to ruin the company

Cons

I don't think it's in business anymore

Advice to Management

none

4. "An amazing experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI

Pros

Some of these other reviews make me laugh, pretty clearly people are bitter. I've had a great experience, I get to work on game-changing projects with some of the biggest companies in the world, an experience that is second to none in my book. I'm not micro-managed, and given creative freedom to instill some of my own ideas into the framework of our strategy. Awesome co-workers that are always willing to help, and an environment that fosters collaboration. Financial comps are well in line with efforts and results produced. The best thing is having an awesome product and service to stand behind, easier to get motivated to sell when you see the power of the products and the results it produces for customers. Lots of recent investment in growing awareness of the PolyVista brand which has led to greater success for sales/mktg.

Cons

Change happens probably more that it should, but as a nimble yet growing company that should be expected as the market is constantly changing and evolving as well. With some employees/mgmt in different locations sometimes outside communication isn't the most efficient. Brand awareness is growing, but still not to an everyday recognizable level yet.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward, and don't let your foot off the gas. Bad mgmt was let go a year ago and we've flourished since then, lets keep going. Continuing to build awareness is key, as it both shortens and makes the sales cycle easier.

"You can't find the hidden problem if the problem was never hidden"

Current Employee - BDA in Kalamazoo, MI
    Current Employee - BDA in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at PolyVista full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation can be good, friendly coworkers, good amount of PTO, good work life balance to an extent, free food on Fridays.

Cons

People have been complaining about the same things for a long time and they are never addressed or resolved. It's hard to believe we work for a business intelligence company and yet management does not catch on to the trends of why employees are so upset, why sales are not closed, and why even the best employees become unmotivated.

Advice to Management

Stop worrying about responding to people's reviews on these sites. Start being proactive in solutions for employee retention, personal development, and closing deals. Start going to trade shows, create professional networks and build a respectable reputation. It's a perpetual uphill battle if you rely on 100% cold calling. It's kind of hard to ask someone to give you a dime without ever seeing you face to face.

"Great Product, Mediocre Ownership"

Former Employee - BDA in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - BDA in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at PolyVista full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The product is very valuable.
    - Direct coworkers were friendly and helpful.
    - Lunch in office every Friday.

Cons

- Prospects have no clue who the company is or what they do. This makes it nearly impossible to make a sale even after they have agreed to a meeting.

7. "New products make this an exciting company to work for"

I have been working at PolyVista full-time

Pros

Watching your solution help Fortune 500 companies on a regular basis. Being part of a team environment where everyone works together, doesn't seem to have the usual politics that go along with the corporate world. Being able to come up with new ideas and not having to follow a "set in stone guide"

Cons

Sales can be tough, some days it's a grind.

Advice to Management

Seems to be moving in the right direction, continue to keep communication flowing. Appears they have filtered out people who weren't committed to helping the team grow.

"Please look elsewhere"

I worked at PolyVista full-time

Pros

You will feel good with the pay in your first couple of months then you will get hit with reality. The reality is that the company cannot acquire a client and had not for the last 3 years. All operations besides sales are outsourced overseas. Us jobs are not valued as you are only valued if you can generate 10 sales a week. This is something that is garnered impossible as there are only to local techs.

Cons

Office culture is open but breeds redundancy. You will be held to booking meetings everyday that will not transpire into anything more than hurting the account strategy within your personal accounts. Upper management is hardly ever there and does not seem to really care. No work is done outside the office, meaning that everything needs to be done over the phone. Product is week in terms of visualization compared to other products and price point is unfair as it relates to the competition. Owner will not be supportive over the long haul as you are just a number.

Advice to Management

Please look elsewhere

9. "Frustrating and challenging, but very satisfying and rewarding."

Former Employee - Sales in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Sales in Kalamazoo, MI

Pros

Astonishing product/service offerings, some amazing work with text analysis. Flat management structure removes micro-management. Rewarded for your successes. More recent focus on developing new products/services to meet market need. The best co-workers I've ever been around, or at least most of them.

Cons

Direction the company was going wasn't always clear - things changed more than they should have, and in result some great employees sought out work elsewhere. Benefits package is good, but not great. Didn't get rid of poor performers/toxic employees fast enough.

Advice to Management

I left because of how good my resume had become because of what PolyVista experience had done for me in my personal and professional growth. My advice, is to set a clear overall vision for the company, and get the team to buy-in and every move you make, whether or not changes occur, is in the direction of the overall vision. Need more strong leaders to help develop and grow new talent and retain current talent. Things seem to be trending upward, but an influx of fresh talent could push you to the next level.

"Beware. This is a dead end telemarketing job."

I worked at PolyVista full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch on fridays. You can basically come and go as you please. Performance is based on how many calls you make a day.

Cons

Management and ownership have no clue what they are doing. People are hired just to make a lot of calls and a few demos that go no where. There is no career path or opportunity at this company, unless you plan on telemarketing for the rest of your life.

Advice to Management

Give up. Admit that you have no business running a company and move on.