Polyclinic Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Lloyd David

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • good work/life balance for most people (in 4 reviews)

• The C-level executives are all really great, really approachable, down-to-earth people (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Not to mention the 'health insurance' we have been stuck with (in 8 reviews)

• Terrible health insurance with an extremely high deductible (in 8 reviews)

1. "Nice place to work"

Current Employee - Sleep Technologist in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Sleep Technologist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Polyclinic part-time

Pros

Great pay, competent co-worker's and our manager gives exceptional staff support.

Cons

Traffic...Commute to Capital Hill is rough.

Advice to Management

None

2. "Theyre headed downhill.."

I have been working at Polyclinic full-time

Pros

Competitive pay, most co-workers are nice, nice facilities.

Cons

Management cant get along or make good, constructive decisions.

Advice to Management

Hire more project managers from within and treat your current employees better.

3. "Patient Service Representative"

I have been working at Polyclinic full-time

Pros

good to get some medical experiences

Cons

benefits, low pay compared to others in the area, no chance for advancement, and a lot of departments require more than they originally higher you for and way too much drama

Advice to Management

stop having pointless meetings that do not resolve the issue at hand

4. "Great company"

Former Employee - Data Entry/Manual Biller in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Data Entry/Manual Biller in Seattle, WA

I worked at Polyclinic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Plenty of work, plenty to learn, friendly co workers, supervisors and company. Challenging and fun.

Cons

Sometimes they don’t listen to workers unless you complain.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you’re doing.

5. "The worst job."

I worked at Polyclinic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is good, not as good as other hospitals and clinics in the area but decent. Learning epic and the training class provided was nice. I liked my manager but the supervisors and senior employees were very complacent and dysfunctional. The hours were nice at the time. I learned a lot I think I can use in a happier healthier environment.

Cons

A LOT of two faced behavior. Dysfunctional departments. I heard crazy horror stories from different departments and I don’t doubt them based on my own experience. The first part of my employment here was okay, but because I was performing well they sent me to a “department that needed help” and I was thrown into a dumpster fire. The senior employees have reign there and get away with absolutely unacceptable (like bullying, blaming, racist and transphobic) behavior and get a slap on the wrist. I’m not crazy but I sure felt like it after a few months here. I’ve never been belittled so much on a job site in my professional history but it happened here constantly. I know the medical field can be cut throat, but there is NO reason for this level of ridiculous behavior. I’ve never filed many complaints or written any upset but professional emails to management and hr but I did it here constantly in the 8 months I was employed until I realized it wasn’t going to change. By the time I left I was constantly getting sick and always in a horrible mood from how unhappy and stressed I was.

Advice to Management

You need to take employee complaints more seriously instead of assuming it’s just us being dramatic or whiney. I literally had my previous employers bid on me and offer me whatever I wanted to come back to them. Me complaining to you wasn’t something I’m used to doing, it was because there are a lot of serious issues. I was continuously dragged through the mud and hurt while at the Polyclinic, all because you thought I was doing well at my job without any sort of recognition, promotion or pay raise. Appreciate your employees more and listen to them, or else you’ll continue to lose the good ones.

6. "Working at Polyclinic Seattle"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Polyclinic full-time

Pros

Work with caring, smart staff. Patient care is a top priority.

Cons

Medical insurance for employees is not the best (First Choice.)
    Growing pains re: staffing the float pool.

7. "Patient Services Representative"

I worked at Polyclinic full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are free to employees
    Close to public transportation

Cons

Management is horrible
    Work environment is toxic

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees' concerns rather than assuming he said she said situations.

"Worst place ever!"

Former Employee - PSR
    Former Employee - PSR

I worked at Polyclinic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My paycheck never bounced... somehow.

Cons

They need to clean house so bad from management to the CEO. Such hostile & toxic working conditions that are tolerated by HR. And don't bother complaining, you'll be treated like a traitor or whistleblower. I've even seen great & incredibky smart employees get fired for calling out the BS. Meanwhile, the dead weight gets praises, raises & promotions.

There's always a buzz about financial insecurities that makes you fear for your job. They bought a shiny new building they can't afford & my manager lectured me about buying gel pens because they're too expensive. This also explains how cost of living increases don't cover my annual rent increases.

And how is it that medical professionals have the worst insurance program ever?

Advice to Management

Get your head out of your own behinds.

"Room for Improvement"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant

I have been working at Polyclinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Kind and knowledgeable providers.

Friendly staff for the most part.

Multiple locations.

Ability to share records electronically with other facilities.

Easily navigable website.

Great dental benefits.

Good PTO accrual.

Good IT and equipment support.

Cons

Practice managers and clinic supervisors who are almost never present at satellite locations. It's difficult to make decisions or resolve conflicts when your leaders are rarely there.

Parking: Absolutely terrible. Those of us that have no other option but to drive (coming from the Everett area where it requires a two to three hour bus ride one way) have to spend $18 a day to park at the Madison or Broadway location with no option for subsidy. The Northgate location has extremely limited parking options for employees.

Pay is below local average for certain positions and raisea are minuscule causing staff to seek employment elsewhere.

Very little room for growth. Leads don't exist in some departments even though they are desperately needed.

Poor communication between departments when a conflict occurs. Poor follow up when major issues are brought to the attention of multiple managers. No accountability for those that ignore issues on a larger scale.

The turnover rate in one particular department in the last year alone is staggering.

Hiring Friends Not Skills: When managers hire friends from previous jobs that are incompetent or have toxic personalities the employees who've been struggling with being understaffed have yet another burden to shoulder.

Poor facility design when it comes to patient flow.

Antiquated equipment in fragile departments.

Few activities are done as a group.

Some departments are rarely recognized when others are often recognized on the company landing page (Pulse).

Company does not match volunteer time.

Advice to Management

Please consider skills testing for incoming employees.

Please consider having Practice Managers or higher level managers shadow employees to understand their point of view. Perhaps seeing the day to day hindrances could help find solutions to them.

Please consider subsidizing parking for employees devoted to the company who cannot spend 6 hours per day in public transportation.

Please be more transparent when it comes to how our company is doing. A bi-annual State of the Practice Meeting would be nice.

Please consider monthly employee activities to keep morale up and employees engaged.

When a situation is brought to upper management please respond. Even a simple "I have received your concern and will follow up shortly" email would suffice. Ignoring a problem only causes it to grow not go away.

10. "Patient Services Representative"

Former Employee - Patient Service Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Polyclinic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great health insurance, PTO, ORCA card for commuters, tuition reimbursement, great opportunity for those looking to gain a foundation for a future healthcare career

Cons

Success and overall job satisfaction is really dependent on your department and team. Some departments are easier to work in than others, especially if you get along with your co-workers.