Polynesian Adventure Tours Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Amazing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Polynesian Adventure Tours full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great hours. Great people room to move up.

Cons

None so far to report

2. "Dispatch"

Former Employee - Dispatch in Kahului, HI
    Former Employee - Dispatch in Kahului, HI

I worked at Polynesian Adventure Tours full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Experience and Training: Company will train anyone anything as long as they are willing and able to learn. You may be hired as an Airport Greeter but end up office staff.

Hiring: Apply, Interview, Hired. Very easy to gain employment. For all positions washcrew, dispatch, greeters, and drivers.

Paid Driver Training: Polynesian Adventure Tours will pay to an extent for you to obtain your CDL License. Which is need to driver motor coach.

Senior Management is Amazing; so helpful and will to do everything to ensure you have all the tools you need to succeed. During my employment I met with President, Vice President, Director of Operations, Group Supervisor all with the same goal in mind. To make Poly Ad successful and a great place to work. The intent is there, and they do their best.

Cons

Fleet: With an aging fleet and a more downed vehicles then parking stalls, Dispatching became very difficult especially in cases of break downs, ghost runs, and rescue flights.

Work vs Pay: In many cases, your job title is one thing but you do everything else all for pennies on the dollar. For all the work you do, not in the slightest worth the pay. Mind you other companies pay more and ask for less.

Retention: Average length of employment for a dispatcher is 3-8 months, due to the High Stress factor and rate of pay. In my time with this company I watched 4 employees come and go through the chair; me being one of them. Never fired quit by choice.

Unfair Working Conditions: Building is very old, aging in fact. Previous members of management had extremely abrasive management style. Understaffed, underpaid, under trained and under appreciated. Double standards is also a common practice.

Job duties: Literally job duties, schedule, title and responsibilities change at the drop of a dime. One minute your Disptaching in the main office, 10 minutes later you are loading bags at the airport. Employees are cross trained in the likely event someone quits.

Advice to Management

Honestly I have none, I cant think of anything to change; because I wouldn't know where to start. However I do hear that changes have been made. And that things are a little better.

3. "I got hired on the spot, as a field dispatcher."

I worked at Polynesian Adventure Tours part-time

Pros

working in different locations

Cons

miscommunication, not enough hours, was not trained properly,

4. "Polyad"

Pros

Local company with family atmoshere. Coworkers are hard working and easy to get along with. Excellent benefits packages for a small company. Discounts on cruise fares as well!

Cons

Not many opportunities to advance from within. Only if position is vacated.

Advice to Management

An updated compensation analysis for drivers and all other positions, a formal NEO, safety and driver training program.