- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - Brooklyn, NY
- - New York, NY
- India - All Cities
- - Gujarat
- - Vadodara, India Area
- - Vadodara
- France - All Cities
- - Ile-de-France
- - Paris, France Area
- - Paris
Found 135 of over 145 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Great people working there and attending." (in 12 reviews)
- "if you only work the class sessions (labs, lectures, tours) then it's enjoyable work with flexible hours." (in 7 reviews)
- "math department has a friendly work environment" (in 7 reviews)
- "Friendly Supervisor" (in 3 reviews)
- "Amazing staff and work environment!" (in 3 reviews)
- Former Employee★★★★★Aug 25, 2021 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
NYU Tandon has good Resources, connections, and facilities
To access full NYU resources would be difficult
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Jul 1, 2022 - Administrative AssistantRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Flexible hours, great people, prestige
Poor leadership, predatory real estate,
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jul 26, 2021 - Assistant Manager in Brooklyn, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Opportunity to go for a higher education while working. Working with the students is overall a pleasant experence.
Accountability for higher manager needs work, Better training could be done for new employees.
- Current Employee★★★★★Jan 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Its the best job available
No cons that I can think of.
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 17, 2020 - Teaching AssistantRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great place to work as a student, helps with experience and provides a decent income for a student
The administration does not really listen to students, could use more work there.
- Current Employee★★★★★Nov 19, 2020 - Teaching Assistant in Brooklyn, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
localized payment, tax, and community Understanding of academics
Limited positions available, not highly promoted.
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Sep 4, 2020 - Associate Director in Brooklyn, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great community of faculty and staff; motivated and hard-working students; good benefits
Staff wear many hats and are a bit overworked
- Current Employee★★★★★May 15, 2020 - Graduate AssistantRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good. Union labor benefits. Insurance benefits... Everythign is great to work here
Not much.. Not much to comment on ..
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Nov 21, 2014 - Teaching Assistant in Brooklyn, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Working as a TA for General Engineering comes with a lot of benefits. You have access to an office where you can study and do your work. There are always people there that you can collaborate with and it has been a huge blessing during my time at Poly. The work itself is what you make of it - if you only work the class sessions (labs, lectures, tours) then it's enjoyable work with flexible hours. The real fun is doing some of the projects - I worked on an R&D project and learned a ton while having something to put on my resume. I cannot say enough good things about this position.
Very few - I had some trouble getting paid but that was more on the university than the department and I had been inactive for a bit due to an internship. The R&D projects were great for getting experience but as an upperclassman, I needed more complex projects to put on my resume. Still kept the EG job, just didn't do as many hours.Continue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Mar 27, 2014 - Resident Assistant in Brooklyn, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Residence life was the best department to work for. It was a friendly, energetic and fun work environment. There are a lot of experiences that I've had to set apart my college experience. I have truly enjoyed my time working here until Fall 2013.
NYU has a completely different system which I can see works for them. However, the way Poly RAs were trained help them handle situations of all kinds. I feel NYU policy and training will ruin that advantage that Poly RAs have.Continue reading
Polytechnic Institute of NYU Reviews FAQs
Polytechnic Institute of NYU has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 145 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at Polytechnic Institute of NYU to a friend and 56% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
80% of Polytechnic Institute of NYU employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Polytechnic Institute of NYU 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.