PoolCorp Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Covington, LA
    Former Employee - Intern in Covington, LA

I worked at PoolCorp (More than a year)

Pros

Very helpful staff
    Great experience because it is such a big business

Cons

I do not have any cons

2. "Great Company"

I have been working at PoolCorp full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in.

Cons

There are no cons to this job.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

3. "Asst manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at PoolCorp full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good people and great higher management

Cons

Poor lower management no communication with higher management no accountability

Advice to Management

Higher management needs to hold lower management accountable for sales totals and employee accomplishments

4. "SCP Pros and Cons"

I worked at PoolCorp full-time

Pros

Steady year round work and decent pay

Cons

Lack of communication and organization

5. "Ops Manager"

Current Employee - Ops Manager in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Ops Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at PoolCorp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

a safe job and a steady paycheck.

Cons

over worked for average pay. Too many other jobs for $50k a year with less hours and stress.

Advice to Management

$

6. "bad company"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Hanover, MD
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Hanover, MD

I have been working at PoolCorp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Warehouse management is very bad . They are not well organized and the warehouse supervisor has anger issues .

Cons

bad communication , the wwareehouse is disorganized and the gun they use for scan the product needs to be updated.

Advice to Management

Change the supervisor who manages the warehouse

7. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Operations Manager, Customer Service Representative, Inside Sales in Cal-Nev-Ari, NV

Pros

Local branches generally good to work at. Branch managers constantly fear for their jobs.

Cons

Upper management a bit out of touch with lower level employees needs.

Advice to Management

Listen, listen, listen.

"Little Opportunity, Company Politics"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at PoolCorp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The co-workers I work with our wonderful, at least the ones who work hard and show up. The environment is fast paced and you'll always be multi-tasking. Each day is different from unloading trucks, stocking the shelves and helping customers. You'll be expected to learn the products, how they operate and you will be asked for advice from people who landscape, install/clean pools for a living. They come here for the products and the knowledge.

Cons

Employee's who constantly screw-up, are late, take hour lunches, don't hustle, never get reprimanded. It seems you have to crash a forklift and do something serious for someone to get fired.

I've worked here three years and have only had a raise of .38 cents. Yet new hires start off at what a seasoned employee makes which does wonders for current staff morale.

You're expected to train at Horizon University and take classes on irrigation and pool products but the kicker is you never have time to do it because the managers don't want you in the back on a computer but up front helping people... so in order to satisfy corporate, who seems to think we have all the time in the world to sit at a computer and train, stores usually have a binder with all the tests and answers and you sit there and enter them in that way everyone can sign off on a piece of paper saying "Congratulations, your certified in XYZ."

Promotions are non-existent. If you're lucky enough to train an MIT you'll realize they know nothing and retain nothing and will end up in upper management making double what you make. Why? Because they have this thing called a Bachelors degree which it means they're better and entitled to a higher position then you. The thing is it sucks for MIT's as well because they don't realize that PoolCorp decides where they get a job. Is it Arizona? Is it Florida? Is it New York? Guess what you won't know until you're done with the program. It's like Uncle Sam.

Micro-managing is a killer. Nevermind that a vendor pulled out of your store to go to competitor you're still expected to meet numbers.

Sales reps or as we call them BDR's or trailer chasers play favorites and will put all their sales through a specific store even if it means that store is 30 miles away from the location and we have a store right next to the job site. Why? Bonuses of course or because they don't like a specific store manager.

The CEO says he cares but saying and doing are different things. It may not be his fault and maybe he doesn't know how bad the lowest guys and gals on the totem pole have it but he is the head honcho and thus it falls on him.

Advice to Management

Stop playing favorites, manage expectations and help develop your current employees who are in the trenches fighting for you every day. Value them. Realize markets change and don't threaten to "shake things up" or "fire people" if goals aren't met. Don't expect employees to do training when they're not on the clock. We have families to and unlike the upper management we don't have computers to take home and make 50k a year.

"LOVE THIS PLACE!"

Current Employee - IT Professional in Covington, LA
    Current Employee - IT Professional in Covington, LA

I have been working at PoolCorp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working as a contract employee in the IT department for 6 months now, and I'm due to become permanent any day. Since day one, I have been treated with immense respect and care from management and have been given the responsibility and authority I have craved for so long. My ideas are given consideration and I am included as a member of the team in all aspects. In my previous working experience, I have never been treated as well as I have at POOLCORP.

Cons

From what I hear and have yet to experience, the health insurance and benefits could be better.

Advice to Management

Continue to treat employees with the same care and respect that you do now, but don't forget that operating as a big business with a small business mindset will only get you so far.

10. "Inside sales"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I have been working at PoolCorp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice people and overall great atmosphere. The RM and BDR are awesome!

Cons

The training hasn't been the best but it's starting to get better.

Advice to Management

Take time with brand new employees to ensure they are properly trained