PoolCorp Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Manny Perez de la Mesa

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They do have a good training program which is the MIT (in 12 reviews)

• Great people and great experience (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • The nature of the industry can be quite hectic in the summer time which can require long hours (in 8 reviews)

• Upper management a bit out of touch with lower level employees needs (in 5 reviews)

"MIT program offers HUGE opportunities!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at PoolCorp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company is growing and is looking for young and motivated talent to grow with them. I feel like I am part of a team here and everyone looks to one another like brothers and sisters. PoolCorps MIT program was a stepping stone for me in my career and allowed me to forge my own path.

Cons

Working for PoolCorp isn't always easy but, I love the challenge. This is a blue collar industry where hard work and dedication is rewarded. If it weren't for the MIT program I would probably be working for some company doing useless paperwork and watching the clock. But here, I make decisions everyday that affects my branch and our business.

Advice to Management

As a branch manager I love to promote from within. Find good outgoing and motivated candidates for our MIT program here and send them my way!

2. "The MIT program is a fantastic opportunity to transition from college into the business world."

Current Employee - Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at PoolCorp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Your voice counts. Anybody can have a great idea and at POOLCORP people listen. There is a huge potential for career upside at POOL. Senior and Midlevel managers are close to retirement and new Managers (MITs) coming into the company have vast opportunities to climb the corporate latter. You MUST:
    -Be willing to relocate
    -Be ready to work in a demanding warehouse setting.

Cons

Summers can be brutal. The pool industry can be full of tough and demanding customers that expect you to be quick. You need a thick skin and a willingness to learn pool industry product knowledge.

Advice to Management

Open up training opportunities for people outside of the Fast track MIT program. Promote the PDMIT program not everyone knows it exists.

3. "The only company I've worked for where I look forward to coming to work every day."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at PoolCorp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unique corporate culture, business model, and vision to expand the industry, autonomy, consistent opportunity for growth and advancement, great communication from top to bottom of the hierarchy, and room to shine.

Cons

The operations side of the company could have more continuing educational resources and programs to work with at the sales center level somewhat like the sales side does.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the MIT program and finding new ways to make it even better.

4. "POOLCORP's MIT Program is the Best Program I've Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Mesa, AZ

I have been working at PoolCorp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you work hard you'll move up the chain quickly. Upper Management Promotion happens within the company as opposed to outside recruitment.
    The potential for growth in the company and for the industry is HUGE.
    In management you will never be bored at work stuck with one job title or task. You'll be trained to handle a variety of areas including warehouse management, inventory management, customer service and sales leadership, accounting and account management, purchasing and procurement and some aspects of each can sometimes all happen within the same day.

Cons

The nature of the industry can be quite hectic in the summer time which can require long hours.

5. "This is the first job I have worked where I look forward to work!"

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in New York, NY
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in New York, NY

I have been working at PoolCorp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly and outgoing workers, Competitive salary and benefits, Different experience every day at work, Never a dull moment, Ability to work into promotions and increased responsibility.

Cons

Heavy knowledge of product and sales techniques needed to succeed, Must be willing to work hard, Can experience high workloads during the season (I like to see as a positive).

Advice to Management

Keep heading in the direction our company has taken!

6. "PoolCorp is a great company with an even better culture that gives you everything you need to succeed."

Current Employee - MIT in Valdosta, GA
    Current Employee - MIT in Valdosta, GA

I have been working at PoolCorp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1.Great company culture
    2.Fantastic benefits
    3.Excellent management
    4.Good starting pay
    5.Company is devoted to helping you succeed
    6.A lot of room for upper advancement

Cons

The MIT program is challenging, but feasible.

7. "Endless Opportunities"

I have been working at PoolCorp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relocation and advancement opportunities, PoolCorp highly values advancement from within

PoolCorp is extremely supportive of continued education/training for both its' employees and customers

Manager in training program for new employees and existing which allows for high visability withing the company and industry as well as quick advancement.

In-house supporting departments (HR, Legal, Marketing, IT, Accounting, Fleet, Safety ect.)

Engaged upper-management

401k match, employee stock purchase, bonus opportunities, ect.

Some travel

Top notch company morals/values

Cons

Seasonal industry leads to long summer hours, few, if any, vacation time in the summer

Advice to Management

Please reconsider the base pay for those positions preferring a college degree

"Pure enjoyment"

I have been working at PoolCorp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I wake up everyday wanting to go to work. There are many days that my crew and I look at the clock and wish it was 2:00 pm when the clock says 5:00 pm. The culture of the company is like nowhere else. This company is the first company that I have been a part of that every employee is motivated to do more just because. We truly have a great backing corporately at the branch level.

Cons

This is a company that has yet to give me any problems. In the past 3+ years I have not had a day where I left thinking I hate my job. I can't think of any Cons

"MIT program is challenging yet rewarding"

Current Employee - MIT in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - MIT in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at PoolCorp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent training. Great people. Fun industry to be in.

Cons

Very busy during the summer months.

"PoolCorp: Great Culture. Exceptional Opportunity."

Current Employee - Business Development Representative
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative

I have been working at PoolCorp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Here are my top three reasons I love working for Pool Corp:

1. Motivated, Fun Loving, Professional and Driven Culture

Pool Corp is top notch company that takes itself seriously, but not too seriously. I love being able to use my MBA skills in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere.

2. Career Paths and Places to Live are Unlimited

With close to 300 distribution centers in the continental United States, myriad more in nine other countries and our support center in Covington,LA there are so many career paths you can take without having to bounce around between companies. And there are so many options to choose where you want to live and work. This makes the quality of life amazing for me!

3. Pool Corp Genuinley Cares About their Employees

PoolCorp provides excellent benefits and training oppotunities. They are always developing leaders and doing their best to provide us with exceptional advancement opportunities.

Cons

There is only one downside that comes to mind. Since Pool Corp is an international company, many of the jobs available for advancement require relocation.