Cover image for Pop-A-Lock

Found 93 of over 99 reviews

3.3
Pop-A-Lock CEO Don Marks
Don Marks

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Fishbowl, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Easy money.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay, company looks for ways to get out of paying you for jobs performed.(in 9 reviews)
  • "Long hours 40+ and no overtime except when training.The company makes all the money and every mistake you make cost you dearly.You are a sub(in 5 reviews)
  • "Long hours are hard to get used in the beginning.(in 4 reviews)
  • "no benefits(in 4 reviews)
  • "Long hours, bad management, no clear system for giving raises, commission is based on flat rate as opposed to percentage allowing the company to raise prices and extra fees without you ever seeing an extra dime.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Awesome.

Dec 16, 2022 - Barback
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay met my standards. Hours were good.

Cons

Cant think of any. Depends who you ask.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Good job

Feb 7, 2023 - Management
    Business Outlook

Pros

Job security, decent pay .

Cons

Long hours , mean customers

3. Join the Pop-A-Lock team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great base pay, huge opportunity for commissions and revenue share!

Aug 2, 2022 - Senior Locksmith in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Trained me from scratch to have a new career -Technical Support 24x7 helps me continue to earn and learn -Bonus money is outstanding over the guaranteed salary.

Cons

-Has gaps in between calls sometimes, but you can do whatever you want during that time. -Don't get any tickets, can't drive if they can't insure you if you have too many points. If you have ANY points, go to driving school online to get those removed or reduced.

5. 1.0
    Current Employee

West Texas PAL

Jan 19, 2023 - Locksmith
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get 1 meal for a meeting with the team once a month.

Cons

No hourly pay. Expected to be ready on call for 12 hours straight . The only way to make sustainable income is to work yourself to death. Example to make enough for my bills I worked all 48 hours on the weekend and every single weekday night from 8pm to 8am. I was falling asleep at the wheel so i had to give up some time. They make you sign something that says you can only work for another company after being seperated from PAL for 2 years. They WILL sue if you start working for another company. Its a way of keeping employees when they know the employees will want to find another company soon after theyre hired. You drive your own personal vehicle so if anything happens on the job like a flat tire etc. youre out of work. No work means you wont even be making the money to fix it. This is small but still annoying. Every year they expect employees to work in their booth to promote the buisness for a few hours... without pay. I would say a huge problem is the Dispatch service we have. They hardly communicate with customers and a lot of times end up giving out the wrong information resulting in disgruntled customers. Youre the one that has to deal with the issues though. One of my coworkers was out due to being incredibly sick and the owner called him to ask why he wasnt making him any money. Your christmas bonus os a $50 goft card plus 50 for every year youve been on. Your reward for being loyal to the company for 5 years is a cheap tumbler with the company name slapped on it.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

I Love Pop-A-Lock

Aug 2, 2022 - Field Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very knowledgeable community willing to help guide and train. Every day I go home knowing I helped someone in need. The best is when we do a free car door unlock for a frantic parent when their kid has been locked in the car one way or another. The PAL Saves Kids program is amazing.

Cons

The only negative thing about working for Pop-A-Lock or any locksmith for that matter is, you have to deal with customers when they are typically having a bad day. I have had customers be verbally abusive but you just have to remember they are mad at the situation not you personally.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee

Long hours

Jan 6, 2023 - Roadside Technician
    Business Outlook

Pros

No shortage of jobs to do I guess

Cons

Long hours and hard work with less and less tipping as more people join the no typing, better wages movement

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

call center dispatch

Nov 3, 2022 - Remote Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

good people busy call center

Cons

none to say at this time

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

This is the best locksmithing community you've ever seen

Aug 3, 2022 - Locksmith Technician in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

The support you receive from the employees in this company is unmatched. You can talk to some of the greatest locksmiths I've ever met whenever you need it.

Cons

Not a personal problem but being a franchise model we are not able to get all the big fish accounts we really want.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Be ready to be called on anytime during the week

Sep 8, 2022 - Apprentice Locksmith in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great trade skills to learn

Cons

On call for 72 hours per week No vacation or sick pay Seniority reigns supreme

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Aug 8, 2022 - Store Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company focused on quality service at a reasonable price. Community centered approach to providing business services.

Cons

Can occasionally be long days and working outside in the weather can be challenging.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 93 Reviews
</>Embed

Pop-A-Lock Reviews FAQs

Pop-A-Lock has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 99 reviews left anonymously by employees. 48% of employees would recommend working at Pop-A-Lock to a friend and 42% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 13% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Pop-A-Lock employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Pop-A-Lock. This rating has improved by 24% over the last 12 months.

48% of Pop-A-Lock employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Pop-A-Lock 2.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Pop-A-Lock to be coworkers, career development and the cons to be management, benefits, compensation.

Popular Careers with Pop-A-Lock Job Seekers