Populus Reviews | Glassdoor

Populus Reviews

Found 6 reviews

4.1
Laura Hutchings
  1. "Fantastic place to work"

Current Employee - Energy Advisor in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Populus full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love my job. I get to work with a team of dedicated, intelligent and passionate people who like me, also love their job. My coworkers and I truly care about the work that we do in Energy Efficiency and we pride ourselves at being one of the best in the industry. We were acquired by CLEAResult. This has provided more opportunity for advancement internally.

Cons

We were acquired by CLEAResult. The feel of the company is changing from a boulder start-up to more corporate. Since the company is in a time of rapid growth, the processes of the company are not well streamlined, but they are headed in that direction.

2. "An amazing team of people working together to change the world"

I have been working at Populus

Pros

Populus is unlike any place I have ever worked. This is an amazing team of dedicated people who are working together to make an impact. I really feel like all of the people here truly care about our customers and making their lives better through energy efficiency.

Cons

The opportunities and benefits are really good, especially for a smaller company. I don't think it's normal to love your job as much as I do. I feel lucky to be here.

Advice to Management

Keep empowering the team to contribute to the future of the company.

"Exciting company in downtown Boulder, good culture and values, but limited growth opportunities."

I have been working at Populus

Pros

Employees are all bright, hardworking, and friendly. Location is great. Work/life balance is good for most employees. Overall a fun atmosphere and good place to start a career in the sustainability field.

Cons

Compensation and benefits are lacking. No matching 401k, no paid sick days, no personal days. Limited opportunity for growth and career advancement. Middle level management seems to have no real authority and simply passes down policies from upper management. Many employees seem frustrated due to being there several years with no path to advancement and no opportunity to take on more challenging work.

• "Excellent, especially for a small company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Populus

Pros

Live and work in Boulder; work in the Sustainability field; opportunity to impact both company policy and services offered; management open to new ideas; promoting from within; providing highly-rated services to the community; offices within easy walking distance of Pearl St Mall

Cons

offices downtown, so parking can be a hassle; dealing with the public has its challenges

Advice to Management

Be careful about hiring people who are resistant to change, as they will not be able to keep up with the fluidity of the program we administer

"under utilized"

Current Employee - Energy Advisor in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Populus

Pros

To live and work in Boulder

Cons

no salary increases with increased responsibility or proven performance. All decisions driven by owner. No autonomy.

"Good company to work with and grow"

I have been working at Populus full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Lot of learning, growth opportunities and transparency

Cons

need for better work/life balance

Found 6 reviews