Porcelanosa USA Reviews

Updated Jan 15, 2020

3.5
Porcelanosa USA Director Manuel Prior (no image)
Manuel Prior
0 Rating
Pros
  • "Great products and fun environment(in 8 reviews)

• "Superior, high end product as far as the tile is concerned(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "From day one you are told NOT to tell the owners in Spain anything while on the video conference each month(in 11 reviews)

• " commission structure (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Ramsey, NJ

I have been working at Porcelanosa USA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great colleagues and congenial atmosphere. It's been a fabulous experience being part of the tremendous growth and success of the company over the last 10 years. Management has anticipated business trends and continues to lead us towards even greater success. Lots of opportunity to grow within and move up. Great benefits and salary

Cons

none of any merit to report

"Outside Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I have been working at Porcelanosa USA full-time

Pros

Very positive experience so far, a few months in...tremendous support from manager and colleagues getting acclimated.

Cons

None to report as of now!

3. "Good Company Bad Management"

Current Employee - Commercial Support in Denver, CO

I have been working at Porcelanosa USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Benefits, Competitive Pay, Good Atmosphere

Cons

Poor Management, Horrible Commission Structure

"Hhk"

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in San Jose, CA

I worked at Porcelanosa USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good environment, excellent benefits ok

Cons

Bad salary, hard work, no break time

Porcelanosa USA Response

July 15, 2019

Thank you for your review. Porcelanosa values the wellbeing of all its employees. All employees have scheduled break times during the course of their work day. At Porcelanosa, we pride ourselves on providing competitive salaries for all of our positions.

"Nice place to work"

Former Employee - Design Consultant

I worked at Porcelanosa USA full-time

Pros

I had the opportunity to work at Porcelanosa Walnut Creek. Not only is it a beautiful showroom, but I was able to help people create designs for their home remodel projects, new construction, and commercial spaces. Known for it's high-end, top quality products, the design options were endless. The company maintains a hands-on, friendly, and down-to-earth approach for meeting the customers' needs. I highly recommend it to anyone looking to work in the tile, kitchen, and bath industry.

Cons

6-8 week lead time on some materials.

"Corporate Office"

4.0
    Current Employee - Corporate Employee in Ramsey, NJ

I have been working at Porcelanosa USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Was given a lot of assistance while transitioning into my role. - Felt appreciated for hard work. - Friendly coworkers - Generous amount of paid holidays which even include New Years Eve and Christmas Eve, in addition to your own paid days off. - The company seems to be constantly growing - The company's founder emailed us at the start of the new year with his direct contact information, which really makes you feel like there is an open line of communication with higher ups, even to those in Spain.

Cons

I'm still in my first year, so nothing so far!

"Manhattan Showroom - Design Consultant"

Current Employee - Design Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Porcelanosa USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great product, practically sells itself -Beautiful showroom and location -Benefits -PTO (240 hrs) -Hours of Operation -Personally really like the schedule system -Salary

Cons

Where do I begin? -Antiquated operating system, time that could be spent with clients is spent using this obsolete software -Employees have NO VOICE, no end of year review for the managers -Takes about 5 months to completely familiarize with entire product lines -Lots of pressure from managers, no praise when deserved -Unfair treatment toward employees from manager, lots of favoritism -Favoritism directly correlated to monthly budget performance -Spanish administration lacks formality -TONS of back and forth between factory reps in Spain, lost of loss in translation -Company takes no responsibility for their faults -Design Consultant role includes a lot that should not be in our job description -Employees are treated as money making machines, not human beings -NO room for growth

"Operations / Purchasing"

I worked at Porcelanosa USA full-time

Pros

Spanish support and operations is above par. Quality and modern product that speaks for itself.

Cons

No work-life balance to be expected. Terrible operations/sales support. Mediocre benefits package.

"Project Account Executive"

Current Employee - Project Account Executive in Houston, TX

I have been working at Porcelanosa USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Renowned International Company -Leader of the industry -Creative and trendy to the max -Wonderful medical benefits package -Being a part of something very stable and a household name in Spain 🇪🇸 since the 1970s -Very innovative in its product line -Lots of cultural diversity within the workforce -Independence and allowance to trace your own path each day -Theres a reason many employees have been with the company for decades -Thorough compensation package -The chance to work around the world -A sense of upward mobility -Adapts to the times and doesn’t need to play catch up -Can’t feel the economies of scale -Very useful monthly dialogue with upper management for input and progress eval -Openminded mentality -Great corporate structure -Human resources does an amazing job, functions very well and is resourceful and there to help in times of need! They’re a 10+ and 30 golden stars 🌟

Cons

-Bigone operational software system -Poor logistical setup -The operational side plays catch up

Continue reading

"Porcelanosa Showroom Sales: Northern California"

Former Employee - Showroon Design Consultant; N Calif in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Porcelanosa USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is large and has lots of money to make a big statement with whatever they do.

Cons

From day one you are told NOT to tell the owners in Spain anything while on the video conference each month. Like the other review stated, the commission structure is outdated (9 years old!) especially since California is one of the most expenses places to live. If your not in the San Jose showroom don’t expect to see much of a commission check, regardless of how hard you work for thr company, which hurts your motivation. You are told during the interview that you will bring 3 checks home a month- NOT TRUE. You are not shown the commission structure until after you start the job. When you offer any ideas or suggestions, you are shot down and the manager in Northern California will even get upset with you (narcasitic).

Found 63 reviews