Porch Reviews | Glassdoor

Porch Reviews

Updated Sep 17, 2019

Found 255 reviews

3.7
Porch CEO Matt Ehrlichman (no image)
Matt Ehrlichman
  1. "Heck, I'd work at here. Wait a minute... I do work here!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Porch full-time for less than a year

Pros

My favs: - I currently possess the most engineering freedom I have had in a while. My work is engaging and fulfilling. - Time off is very flexible. Other things that I like: - Porch's "No Jerks, No Egos" policy seems to creates a more positive environment than my previous employers. - They organize internal professional development workshops both for technical topics and personal improvement.

Cons

- The office space is the stereotypical tech open floor plan where we all wish we had a little bit more space. - The office space is often a little noisy for my taste.

Advice to Management

No advice really. I think Porch has great management for engineering. I can't really comment on the others branches of management since I don't interact with them.

Porch2018-07-27
  2. "I really love Porch culture and how fast we move"

I have been working at Porch full-time

Pros

The company moves really fast and takes risk to get where we want to go, this is a company that thrives like a real startup.

Cons

Change direction quickly and if you are not good in an environment like that you will not do well here.

Porch2018-07-17
  3. "Customer care"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Holly Springs, GA

I have been working at Porch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work, pay is decent and very good benefits. If you are looking for a second family and not just a job , then come to Porch.

Cons

You have to talk alot.

Porch2018-06-15

"Not compensated or valued accurately"

Former Employee - Sales in Seattle, WA

I worked at Porch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture is fun, and all of the people are great

Cons

- Compensation is well below the average for the market in the area. They will claim that it is on target but it is extremely frustrating. You will work very hard, and never truly be valued in a financial aspect. - Management is terrible - most of the time absent elsewhere in the office, and truly does not do a good job of training or making sure new or current employees are taken care of. - The company has so... many focuses that it truly is "scattered" everywhere with little to no sense of direction.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on everything else besides your people. When bringing new people on board make sure they know what they are getting into and have guidance and the training necessary to be successful.

Porch2018-06-13
  5. "Porch review"

Current Employee - Call Center Agent in Holly Springs, GA

I have been working at Porch full-time for more than a year

Pros

The jobs pays pretty well. The hours are not bad at all. Most of the managers are pretty lenient and understanding.

Cons

Just dealing with rude customers from time to time, but that's normal for most jobs.

6. "Getting it Right"

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Porch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Porch is a company that lives by its values, putting people first. They are flexible when needed and always striving to do what's best for employees, customers, and the business.

Cons

Things change frequently and occasionally communication breaks down between departments.

Porch2018-06-11
  7. "Honest Review of a Long-Time Canton Office Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canton, GA

I have been working at Porch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Porch offers a unique job experience. There are plenty of opportunities within the organization if you work hard enough and Porch is committed to set of values that put a smile on my face everyday I come in. Also, whenever someone has a problem, my colleagues and I are very comfortable with confronting management about said problem. Management always treats these problems respectfully, and does their best to solve... them.

Cons

It is a newer company so there are always a lot of hurdles to get over, and it takes a lot of patience. Things are always changing.

Advice to Management

Keep up your dedication to your values and continue to ask other's within the company on how to improve the overall job experience. Opinion: Bring back beer Fridays.

Porch2018-06-11
  8. "Wonderful place to work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Porch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture: great, everyone is ready to help you. I've worked in 4+ different companies, large and small, folks in Porch are the most wonderful to work with. Tech is latest or very new. If you like the new tech, it is the place. Company also have a fairy strong culture of adopting new stuff. You will learn a LOT. Work/life balance is also the top.

Cons

Hard/costly to park. But company have benefits to cover part of the parking fees.

Porch2018-05-18
  9. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Porch full-time

Pros

Super smart people, fast paced, positive outlook

Cons

Can sometimes move too quickly

Advice to Management

Sr. Execs - make sure you have strategic backups if plans don't work out or economy slows.

Porch2018-05-18

"The best people, great place to work, & potential to be the leader in the market"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Porch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I honestly love working here. The thing I enjoy most about Porch is the people. My co-workers are all really nice, smart people that are always willing to help out. I love solving problems with a group of people and everyone being really collaborative and passionate about their work. I also like that we're in an industry full of potential where nobody has really solved this problem well even though there are lots of... competitors. I think it's super cool to be building something that's totally new in the market and I honestly think Porch is going to be the "tech" leader that helps people take care of their homes.

Cons

While I like working here, it's not easy. We're solving tough problems so there are lot of challenges...but personally I kinda like that because it keeps things interesting and forces you to be engaged. This place isn't for people who hate change or expect things to be smooth or anyone to hold your hand. You can't sit back and relax but really need to be committed.

Advice to Management

Be really thoughtful in every new hire. One bad person in any role, but particularly leadership, can really throw off the equilibrium and bring things down. The culture we've got is great but it takes a concerted effort to maintain it.

Porch2018-05-17