Porsche Reviews | Glassdoor

Porsche Chief Executive Officer Oliver Blume
Oliver Blume

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Teilweise wird man als Praktikant mit Arbeit zugesch" (in 9 reviews)

• "Sonst gibt es keine weiteren Kontras" (in 7 reviews)

1. "receptionist"

Current Employee - Receptionist in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Receptionist in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Porsche part-time (More than a year)

Pros

great co-workers
    relaxing
    flexible
    very kind people
    hours are good

Cons

nothing
    really
    much
    to complain
    about
    it's a great place

2. "intern"

I worked at Porsche full-time

Pros

Worked as after sales intern, fast paced company and some external benefit.

Cons

no training provided from manager, mainly self taught

3. "Too much work"

I have been working at Porsche full-time

Pros

You make decent money and the quarter bonuses are nice

Cons

No opportunities. Ridiculous productivity standards.

Advice to Management

Need basic managing training.

4. "Love working for this company"

Pros

One of the best things about working for this awesome company is the fact you can look and drive these amazing cars.

Cons

The thing that needs work at this company is the computer system we have to work In for service and training is complicated.

Advice to Management

More training.

5. "Service"

Former Employee - Service in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Service in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Porsche part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work culture and experience. Phenomenal structure and opportunities to grow.

Cons

not really any cons.

Advice to Management

Continue the great brand the Porsche is

"Just, awful."

Former Employee - Marketing in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I worked at Porsche full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The building is cool. I guess some of the people here are nice. I noticed everyone I met who held a very high position was very nice and never hesitated to hold a conversation.

Cons

Management in PFS where most entry level people are sent is an absolute joke because Porsche also sends managers there to fail or to die. The entire company is growing and progressing while that department is dwindling, and they seriously couldn't figure out why? When you're an employee there these same managers will promise you the world, but then pull the rug out from under you when you least expect it. Seriously, this place is the ugly face of corporate America people talk about.

Advice to Management

Seriously, get real and get some training. I understand you probably didn't finish high school, but I can't see how it's fair that everyone else suffers because of your lack of motivation or competence.

"Great Products, Definite Downward trajectory as an Employer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Porsche full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There's no denying the "cool" factor, or how great the products where. While I'm not a fan of what the company became as an employer, I'll always be a fan of their products. Even if you're in a position that doesn't naturally interact with the products, they are good at giving everyone opportunities to interact with the products (and customers).
    The relatively new HQ building is undeniably a cool building, with some cool features (but it's an awful work environment).
    The HQ Cafe makes it easy to eat healthy at a reasonable price.
    It's a great place for slackers, as there are no penalties for under-performance. The only way to get fired is to embarrass the company.
    Most positions can work from home twice a week.
    I think it's a good place to be in marketing or PR, but I wasn't in either of those groups.

Cons

-I can't speak to the new CEO, but as a place to work, PCNA went dramatically downhill under the last CEO. I worked there for a lot of years, and I used to love working there. The last CEO was a great visionary, but a terrible leader. Unfortunately, there are very few people in Senior Management who are good leaders.
    -Poor work performers are not dealt with, so high performers end up bearing a disproportionate burden.
    -In addition, it's very difficult to get promoted if you're not German, especially into senior management. If a German wants a job and they are qualified, they get the job, even if there is a better qualified American.
    -The two above points lead to an environment where a lot of good talent leaves, and unproductive folks stay.
    -As a company, PCNA is awful at project management. This applies to all departments, with the exception of the events folks.
    -The work environment is terrible. It's a wide open environment, and despite being a brand new building, there aren't enough meeting rooms. Private conversations are nearly impossible to have, and distractions are plentiful. Focusing on something for any length of time is nearly impossible in this environment. I'd estimate I lost 5+ hours per week in productivity when we moved from the old office to the new office. Which meant I worked more nights to keep up.
    -Accounting/Finance department has a chronic turnover problem, for good reason. CFO is a sharp guy, but a terrible manager. Not a people person at all.
    -Management spins the turnover in the past year as due to the bad commute. For most of the folks I've talked to who left, commute was not the main reason. But the commute does eliminate a lot of potential new hires, making it more difficult than it should be to bring in new talent.
    -Porsche AG (German HQ) has slowly been taking more and more control over the years. PCNA used to have a lot of autonomy, and operated like a small company with the financial backing of a big company. Now, it's a typical big corporate environment. The company is not nearly as nimble as it once was, and issues are MUCH slower to get resolved (and more frequent since PAG is running things).
    -Sr Management is completely disassociated from employees.

Advice to Management

Increase meeting rooms and put up some dang walls! Deal with under-performing employees!

8. "good"

Pros

good hours, good staff, easy tasks

Cons

none really, management is okay

9. "I would recommend working for Porsche because of competitive pay"

Pros

The job can be flexible and pay and benefits are good, 2 weeks vacation for the first year, they give you one more week every five years

Cons

Big corporation, it is almost impossible to get a raise, healthcare is expensive, the healthcare does not cover much at all

Advice to Management

Need better advancement opportunities.

"Service technician"

Former Employee - Porsche Service Technician (Dealership) in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Porsche Service Technician (Dealership) in Austin, TX

I worked at Porsche full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Prestigious vehicle line, looks great on a resume, and very knowledgeable/passionate employees.

Cons

Hard to advance in your career with Porsche, mostly warranty jobs, lowest labor times I have experienced, 110+ degree shop in the summer, no Christmas bonus, super stressful environment due to flat rate pay and quality demand, no benefits offered, very high employee turnover, lack of vehicle information (very few TSBs offered, vehicle specifications are very hard to find/buried), poor training offered (mostly on the job).

Advice to Management

Where to start? Value your employees, increase your warranty pay or offer hourly pay, better training programs, etc...