Portafina Reviews

Updated Mar 2, 2021

4.2
Portafina Managing Director Jamie Smith-Thompson (no image)
Jamie Smith-Thompson
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Lots of rules and process

Mar 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some managers get parking spaces reserved. The shifts either start at 10am or 8am, finishing at 4pm is nice. Day off if it's you're birthday

Cons

Management clock watch and judge anyone whose late. People who have worked there long term all speak and email in the same way which is strange. Lots of managers jobs seem to be checking other people's daily figures rather than performing a role. Get told off for wearing trainers like your a child

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work!

Jan 14, 2020 - Senior Administrator in Rochester, South East England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The company values create a positive and friendly work environment. - No day is ever the same; there's always new challenges and ideas. - My voice and ideas are heard and acknowledged. - Training is not only provided to newcomers - it is also provided to those that need refreshers. - If you're not sure on something, there is always multiple people around to explain it in a way that will make sense to you. - Full support is provided to all employees and management. - There are always avenues available to be able to progress within the company. - All managers/team leaders and senior management will go the extra mile to make you feel valued as an individual, and achievements are always recognised and celebrated. - Portafina has a great company culture, with opportunities to socialise and relax outside of work.

Cons

- In order for the company itself to grow and develop, you have to be able to adapt changes quickly. - To work at Portafina, you also need to be able to work efficiently under pressure, as there are deadlines to meet in target-based roles.

Continue reading
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for

Jul 14, 2020 - Customer Relations Officer in Chatham, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is supportive Rewarded for good work with bonuses, quarterly incentives, progression within. Charity events Birthday day off Seasonal gifts from work Continuous training and development. Friendly staff

Cons

Not so much a con because it’s good for the company but the company is always changing to grow bigger and better so you have to be able to adapt quickly to new changes that are implemented.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Bad

Nov 3, 2020 - Case Liaison Officer in Rochester, South East England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay For starting salary

Cons

Cliquey culture, difficult to fit in

5. 2.0

Good money, bad culture

Aug 28, 2020 - Case Liaison Officer in Rochester, South East England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay for an entry level job. Can also earn bonuses after probation. Pay for qualifications if you want to become a financial adviser.

Cons

Very repetitive work. Punished for any small mistake that you make. 90% of the staff are female so it can get very cliquey and gossipy.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Low paying customer service role

Nov 16, 2020 - Customer Relations Officer in Rochester, South East England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ok for a first job

Cons

not much room for progression

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

Jan 14, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, South East England, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Portafina really is a great place to work. Everyone is friendly and helpful and will be rewarded for hard work. Training and support is provided for every employee and there are many perks such as generous payments into our pension plan, private medical insurance, life cover, rewards for people showing the company values, all expenses paid Christmas parties, food treats, and we even get a day off for our birthday. I have worked here for many many years and see myself being here for many more years to come, as I really do thoroughly enjoy my job and the support I receive.

Cons

The main car park gets busy. The 8am shift start however does help staff to have the choice of spaces.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Fun Family Feel Company

Business Outlook

Pros

There are many pros to working for Portafina, such as; 2 company parties a year Fun charity events Company awards (resulting in holidays or gift vouchers) Extra day annual leave on birthdays & birthday gift from work Private health insurance Great bonus structure Overtime option Season perks i.e. Easter eggs Work with lots of lovely people Close bond with team mates Relaxed office environment

Cons

When there's a local accident sometimes traffic can be quite bad getting off the estate, however we have been told this is being looked into.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A company that is always trying to get better

Jan 14, 2020 - Independent Financial Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really flexible in work life balance Always trying to develop you along with the business Good Culture You don’t feel like a number with little gestures like Christmas and Birthday vouchers, a day off for your birthday, celebrating an exam being passed with a bottle of champagne that sort of thing Good support throughout the departments

Cons

With giving a voice sometimes to many opinions get involved when its not necessary

Continue reading
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A very supportive company to work for

Nov 2, 2018 - PR & Content Executive in Maidstone, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been lucky to work in some great places since graduating from university and other places that haven’t been so great. Portafina is without a doubt, one of the best companies I’ve worked for. With such a close-knit team across multiple departments, I felt welcomed the second I joined the company and my work and experience has been valued and appreciated from the beginning. Compared to other companies I have worked for, Portafina offers fantastic employee benefits as well as a great understanding that employees should be rewarded for the hard work they put in. I feel as though I’m part of a family instead of just working for a business. I have been supported throughout helping me to carry out my role to the best of my ability.

Cons

It can be difficult at times to get pensions into the everyday conversation with clients and the general public, but I see this as more of a challenge that I enjoy getting to grips with instead of a con!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Reviews