Portico Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5
Katie Roth

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Portico Staffing - worked temp clerical assignments through Portico for 1-2 years. Resigned only because I am moving"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Portico Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Portico staff were great to work with. Professional and easy to communicate with.
    They offered me opportunities that were a "good fit" for my prior experience and also gave me opportunities to expand experience in industries that were new to me. Portico staff clearly communicated what the responsibilities of the temp assignment would be, who and where to report, length of the assignment, pay. All details were coordinated well. I was not looking for a permanent position, but if I had been I am confident there would have been good opportunities. I have worked previously with staffing agencies in a different state, and I can say genuinely Portico staff and their "customers" have been the Outstanding. I resigned only because I am relocating.

Cons

There honestly were no cons.

2. "Vehicle Washer"

Pros

Worked around good people, work atmosphere was good, liked the hours, wasn't that far away from where I lived, so I could take the bus there.

Cons

It was just temporary, was occasionally too hot in there, sometimes missed my bus just before I got to the bus stop.

Advice to Management

Be more aware of people's circumstances, be more accommodating to people's needs, try hard to help employees get raises and advancements.

3. "Worst work experience of my life"

Pros

Found me a job promptly. Adequate pay. Seemed friendly and helpful.

Cons

The place I worked was dreadful. I got 20 minutes of training, then the person who trained me left for a two week vacation. No one in my area did what I did, my actual boss was new and didn't do what I did, so I was on my own. Then my trainer came back. No one told me I was doing anything wrong for two more weeks. Then a new person started, also a Portico temp, and almost immediately began having problems. She would come to me, and I would answer as best I could, but when we tried to enlist help from the trainer, and when we complained to our manager, the stuff hit the fan. The trainer was verbally vicious. We talked to Portico, and got ZERO support. In the meantime, I was becoming very ill. Finally, I had to be hospitalized. Portico FIRED me and then tried to fight my unemployment. When I won - I had a doctor's letter and had nearly died, had to have a blood transfusion - they appealed it - and lost, again. In the meantime, they tried to cheat me out of my final paycheck and I never did get back a couple of personal items I unavoidably left at work, not knowing I was going to be in the hospital.

Advice to Management

Honesty is a really good policy. You should try it.

4. "Professional and pleasant..."

I worked at Portico Staffing full-time

Pros

Portico Staffing is what each and every staffing agency should aspire to become. This company works extremely hard and are very successful in providing a quality product to their clientele. Their communication is top notch and they demonstrate compassion to all those they work with. Portico Staffing's investment in their employees is evident in the professionalism that each employee consistently demonstrates-this professionalism occurs regardless of whether it be over the phone, email or in person. It was a complete delight to work with Portico Staffing.

Cons

I have none to speak of at this time.

Advice to Management

N/A

"Portico Staffing helped me find an amazing career that fulfilled my passion!"

Current Employee - Business Development in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Business Development in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Portico Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They really care about where they place you, the personality test and information they needed from me to search for my new career really helped them know me better than myself, which helped them place me in an amazing career! They took the time to work with me before and after my interviews and were great at providing feedback!

Cons

No Cons with Portico Staffing, they are GREAT!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, you have helped me change my life by taking the time to place me in an incredible career that has given me the work/life balance I needed and fulfilled my passion! It doesn't feel like work, I love going every day!

6. "Great Opportunities!!! I would recommend Portico Staffing to everyone!!!! Awesome company!!!!"

Pros

I have been placed in jobs that have been both interesting and rewarding. These jobs have also allowed me to increase my skill sets with the valuable experience I gained from the jobs. Everyone has been very helpful in finding out things about me and listening to what I have to say about what I want and don't want in a future job. They look for jobs for me with those things in mind.

Cons

I can say I have not had a negative experience with Portico Staffing. Any questions or concerns have been answered promptly and completely.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work of finding awesome job opportunities!!!!

7. "Best experience with placement agency in Des Moines!"

Former Employee - Accounting in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Accounting in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Portico Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very comfortable initial interview process, really felt like they got to know what I was looking for. Excellent communication during the "waiting period" about current potential opportunities available and how close of a match they felt it would be. Very upfront about the reality of staffing agencies, time line, pay scales etc.
    Ultimately matched me with an employer who offered permanent placement.

Cons

My experience has had no cons :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication with the employees you are working with to find placements. Being upfront and honest about the process and realities of the business.

8. "The Most Professional Staffing company in the Des Moines, IA area."

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Portico Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was impressed with Portico after initially contacting them by email, I was routed to someone that phoned me directly, set up my first meeting with them, and sent me a link to online testing - all within one hour!! My observation is that they are serious about getting to know you and finding the right match of candidate and employer - not just in skill set, but also in personality and culture. Finally, the Portico team members I've interacted with are personable and provide excellent customer service. Based on my experience, I'd confidently refer a friend to Portico.

Cons

Honestly, I was interviewed and matched within two weeks, so I've not had a negative experience.

Advice to Management

Stay current and positive - keep the focus on satisfied clients and candidates and you will continue to be #1 !!

9. "I've had a great experience with Portico Staffing!"

Current Employee - Administrative in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Administrative in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Portico Staffing full-time

Pros

I've had a great communication line with Portico Staffing. They are always willing to answer any questions I have had. Along with answering all questions I've had at a timely manner they also ask quite often how I'm liking my new position! They are determined to make sure you are happy with your position!

Cons

Your first paycheck is a paper check rather than direct deposit, but many companies are like this.

10. "Best Placement Agency in Des Moines Metro"

Current Employee - Order Entry in Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Order Entry in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Portico Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Thus agency has been successful not since but twice for me! First placement 7 years ago put me in a job in the same day I came to them . That business closed so I tried them once more! I was placed within two weeks and am now a permanent employee. Portico did an excellent job of matching my skills & personality to an available position.

Cons

Staff turnover was a little tricky in payroll direct deposit.

Advice to Management

The challenges of the lower unemployment rate surely makes job placement agency work much harder. I recommend higher exposure at job fairs and marketing to get the word out to potential job hunters.