- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- United States - All Cities
- - Oregon
- - Portland, OR Area
- - Portland, OR
- - Tualatin, OR
- - Beaverton, OR
- - Clatskanie, OR
- - Hillsboro, OR
- - Gresham, OR
- - Wilsonville, OR
- - Rainier, OR
- - Dundee, OR
- - Milwaukie, OR
- - Oregon City, OR
- - Estacada, OR
- - Salem, OR Area
- - Salem, OR
- - Pendleton, OR Area
- - Boardman, OR
- - Texas
- - Dallas-Fort Worth, TX Area
- - Grand Prairie, TX
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - Port Jefferson, Optional[NY]
- - Georgia
- - Atlanta, GA Area
- - Atlanta, GA
- India - All Cities
- - Karnataka
- - Bangalore, India Area
- - Bommanahalli, Hosur Road
- Saudi Arabia - All Cities
- - Riyadh Province
- - Riyadh, Saudi Arabia Area
- - Riyadh
Found 258 of over 306 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "If you're labeled as an 'administrative assistant' it is very hard to move up since managers don't think you're capable of doing anything else." (in 14 reviews)
- "management constant change in performance metrics system that negatively affect yearly review." (in 13 reviews)
- "There is an overwhelming amount of change taking place with poor leadership to navigate it." (in 7 reviews)
- "starter that is capable of advocating for yourself and enjoy autonomous work without being micromanaged every 5 seconds, look elsewhere for work." (in 4 reviews)
- "Upper management is maybe stuck in the past" (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Portland General Electric and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- Current Employee★★★★★Featured ReviewSep 27, 2022 - Senior Analyst in Portland, ORRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Interesting work and fast-paced environment.
Early mornings and occasional long hours
We appreciate your 5 star review! Thank you for all your hard work! SM
- Current Employee★★★★★Dec 14, 2022 - Engineer in Portland, ORRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
All pros working for this company
No cons at this time
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience here.
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jan 22, 2023 - Electrical Engineer in Portland, ORRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Interesting work and solid benefits. Time off includes vacation and sick days.
Highly regulated to be expected.
- Former Employee★★★★★Jan 13, 2023 - PI AnalystRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good pay, great people, decent work/life balance
Tribal / hard to get help from outside groupsContinue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Dec 19, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Great benefits even for part time
This company uses and abuses it’s employees. Especially on outages, there was two weeks we had to work full 12 hour days seven days with no days off because of an outage. Most of my coworkers were crying and breaking down needing a break after the third day, we were all part time employees for a reason but they said it would have dire consequences if we called off. On normal days of our five hour part time schedule it was always busy and we didn’t have enough coverage for all the calls coming in and it seemed like we were losing co workers by the handfulsContinue reading
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Customer Service is extremely important to us and we strive to make sure our employees are taken care of too. We are extraordinarily grateful for all your hard work serving our customers during the storms that hit our service area. This month a new class of customer service advisors started and we are currently working right now to hire some more to help meet customer calls. We appreciate you letting us know what is going on and we take these concerns very seriously. You can report your observations confidentially online to Ethics Point or by calling their hotline at 866-384-4277. This website and hotline are managed by a third party vendor.
- Current Employee★★★★★Dec 26, 2022 - Customer Service AdvisorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Salary, benefits, hybrid work environment
Improve outage process by giving customers real estimates for restoration of power.
- Former Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Jul 7, 2022 - Cyber Security in Portland, ORRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Security has the full support of upper management, from the CEO on down. - The majority of the security staff is genuinely committed to protecting the community they serve. - There is incredible potential for growth. - The company is passionately pursuing innovation to solve the energy challenges of the future.
- The company has a significant amount of dead weight (i.e., retired in place) that slows innovation and dampers the mood. - The security department has grown very fast in a short amount of time, which has led to some capabilities being quite mature, while others are painfully underdeveloped or altogether neglected. - Lacking an agreed upon process to define goals and track progress against them, it can feel at times that priorities are arbitrary and unaligned.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Dec 1, 2022 - Facilties DirectorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good environment, great people and employees are held to a high standard
Too many changes in the last few years
- Former Employee★★★★★Nov 24, 2022 - Manager in Portland, ORRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Culture for this company is very interesting.
There is a room to move innovation faster.
- Former Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Dec 17, 2022 - Senior Strategy Planning AnalystRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Benefits are competitive. Pay was decent.
Lack of training, lack of human empathy, deceitful, poor processes, massively understaffedContinue reading
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Value Differences is one of our Guiding Behaviors and we aim to treat others with respect and recognize the value of different perspectives and cultures. We appreciate you letting us know what is going on and we take these concerns very seriously. You can report your observations confidentially online to Ethics Point or by calling their hotline at 866-384-4277. This website and hotline are managed by a third party vendor.
Portland General Electric Reviews FAQs
Portland General Electric has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 306 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Portland General Electric to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
73% of Portland General Electric employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Portland General Electric 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.