Positive Behavior Supports Employee Reviews about "bcba"

Updated Jan 15, 2021

3.8
Positive Behavior Supports Chief Executive Officer Michael Nolan  (no image)
Michael Nolan
Pros
  • "Autonomy; flexible schedule, ability to consult via telehealth; access to curricular assessments(in 12 reviews)

• "Resources for people wanting to become BCBA(in 12 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "bcba"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Love it so far!"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - RBT - Registered Behavior Technician in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Positive Behavior Supports part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great PM and BCBA Lots of opportunities to learn Great clients/families Flexible with your schedule Great pay rate

Cons

There are some bad PM and BCBA No paid time to client's houses. Only from client to client

2. "RBT"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Registered Behavior Technician in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Positive Behavior Supports full-time

Pros

Flexible, supportive, Great BCBAs, multiple Opportunities

Cons

I cant think of any Cons.

November 5, 2020Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking time to offer feedback! We are glad that you have had a great experience with your BCBAs and find our flexible schedules and opportunities for professional advancement to be a benefit of being employed on our team

"Quality ABA Company"

Current Employee - Board Certified Behavior Analyst in Stuart, FL

I have been working at Positive Behavior Supports full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Regional teams to assist with the needs of families and staff, ethical leadership, BCBA owned and operated

Cons

No cons at this time

November 5, 2020Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking time to offer your feedback! We are so glad that you have had a positive experience on our team over the last decade!

4. "OK"

Former Employee - BCBA Florida in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Positive Behavior Supports full-time

Pros

Operated and owned by BCBAs

Cons

Over-promised billable hours and did not deliver, and considerable drive time

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Board Certified Behavior Analyst in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Positive Behavior Supports part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Organizational Chart allows for timely responses to questions; Monthly opportunities to collaborate in person with other BCBAs; Opportunities to advance within the company; Strong emphasis on work-life balance; Ability to pick up additional clients based on availability and location; Online data collection and behavior plans allow for uniformity among all; Free CEUs; Eligible for bonuses based on BCBA and RBT meeting recommended hours; Benefits for full-time employees (20-24 billable hours per week); Paid weekly; Paid sick time earned for all part and full-time employees;

Cons

Insurance premiums are high;

May 7, 2020Recruiting Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback and I am glad to hear that you have had a good experience on our Central Florida team!

6. "So far, loving PBSC"

Current Contractor - Student Analyst in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at Positive Behavior Supports for less than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule Huge community of people to help Mentorship program Resources for people wanting to become BCBA

Cons

No PTO, Sick days, or vacation days

May 7, 2020Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking time to offer feedback and we are glad you have had a positive experience so far! I am especially glad that our flexible scheduling (including a very flexible time-off policy) and the community of clients to support has been a pro of your work with PBS. I do want to clarify that Student Analysts are offered paid sick time. If you need more information about this please reach out to your Regional Coordinators, Staffing Specialist, or HR!

"Money Hungry/Lack of Ethical Code Responsibility"

2.0
    Current Employee - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Positive Behavior Supports full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are a few BCBA/Program Managers that are absolutely amazing, and willing to help you with any questions or concerns. If you know those people, you are supported with at least them. I have only stayed with the company because of those people. The 2 stars are only because of those BCBA/PM

Cons

Not always paying right away after billing for a client if there is a mistake with your pay they will wait sometimes up to a month before they pay it out to you quite a few BCBA that violate the BCBA Code of Ethics When a BCBA is reported to Regional Coordinators nothing is done to resolve the problem BCBA are promoted to a higher position even if they were reported to violate the BCBA Code of Ethics Huge lack of BA/RBT's to service clients Clients are not transferred when they should be due to lack of RBT Company is Money orienated and makes decisions based on Money and not the care of the client. Most BCBA's due bare minimum of work.

"I do not recommend this company."

1.0
    Former Employee - Board Certified Behavior Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Positive Behavior Supports part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free CEU opportunities for BCBA and BCaBA

Cons

-PBS has shady upper management and admin. They engage in ethically and legally questionable behavior. You don't get paid for all of your work. They are not always honest with insurance companies, such as intentionally backdating things to incorrect dates. They are even suspended by the franchise tax board in CA, which is public information on the secretary of state website. -PBS has poor communication, including lack of communication, slow communication, miscommunication, and even contradictory communication from some upper management and admin. -PBS could provide better oversight and training when people are new to a position. -PBS requires you to use Sharepoint, which is slow and doesn't work well. -PBS takes a long time to give you cases, without giving you a heads up at the time of hire that you may be waiting for months.

Continue reading

"Great place to learn and grow in!"

4.0
    Current Employee - Registered Behavior Technician in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Positive Behavior Supports part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility with scheduling client sessions. Tuition reduction if you enroll in a masters program with a partner university. Quarterly bonus for those billing 20+ hours weekly as well as the ability to bill for drive time in between sessions. Training is provided to take the RBT exam. Increase in pay for becoming an RBT and Student Analysts. Continuous mentorship support especially for those pursuing BCBA status.

Cons

Billable hours can be unpredictable so pay amount can be inconsistent. Example someone gets sick, other therapies or families go on vacation. However there is always the option to do make up hours. You can only bill for drive time in between clients and max time is 1 hour. So if you have more than an hour window in between sessions you cannot bill. You can’t bill for the commute from home to your session or for the commute back home. The online portal used to bill and add progress notes has frequent tech issues but getting a little better.

September 12, 2019Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback and I am so glad to hear that the flexibility, tuition benefits, and mentoring / support have been a benefit to you! I am also glad that you have been able to manage your schedule and make up your time with clients if you do experience a cancellation. I do see you are a current employee so please do let me know if you would ever like to have a chat about how we can make your experience at PBS the best it can possibly be!

10. "Positive changes"

4.0
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Positive Behavior Supports full-time

Pros

regional leadership that cares, consistent access to other BCBAs to collaborate with, free CEUs, Sharepoint system is much better than previous years, competitive pay and bonus structure with employee status, mentoring provided to grad students and new analysts

Cons

regional leadership is overworked and needs more support, changes to online reporting needed

April 5, 2019Recruiting Manager

Thank you so much for your feedback! I am glad to hear that you have had a good experience with our regional leadership and other BCBAs in your region! We are always working to update, improve, and streamline our data system so I am glad to hear that the improvements have made the system more user friendly for you! I will certainly relay your feedback about easier access to the regional supplies to our leadership.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 English Reviews