Post+Beam Reviews | Glassdoor

Post+Beam

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Post+Beam Intern"

I worked at Post+Beam as an intern

Pros

-Super fun and enjoyable work environment
    -Incredibly hands on
    -Encourages participation and learning opportunities
    -Variety of tasks to be completed, which keeps each day interesting
    -Supportive staff that want to help and teach

Cons

-No cons with this position

2. "Public Relations Intern"

Former Intern - Public Relations Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Intern - Public Relations Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Post+Beam as an intern

Pros

-Super interactive and hands on
    -Fun environment
    -Great learning experience

Cons

No cons at Post + Beam

3. "Hands On, Positive Learning Experience"

I worked at Post+Beam as an intern

Pros

-A great space for learning about the world of PR & Marketing, management and extended team is incredibly helpful
    -A lot of writing opportunities
    -Positive work environment
    -No coffee runs here! The full time team really makes efforts to include all interns in understanding the company's current projects
    -Able to takeaway an incredible writing/PR experience portfolio to share with future potential employers

Cons

-Honestly just wish I could have stayed on longer, such an incredible learning opportunity for someone just entering the working world!

4. "An Internship Where You Actually Learn"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Post+Beam as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I interned at P+B my last semester of college and I can honestly say that working here solidified my decision to enter the world of PR. Unlike other internships, I was given the opportunity to do work that helped me learn about both the business and the industry. Here I got the chance to dip my toes in writing press releases, sending pitches and much more. I'm extremely thankful for the time every employee took to teach me and believed in my growth.

Cons

During my time there we shared the space with another sales team and our office space was much smaller than theirs.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

5. "Intern"

Pros

A lot to learn throughout Pr

Cons

The management thinks more than highly of herself

Advice to Management

Be fair to employees

6. "Public Relations intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Post+Beam as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a review for the Los Angeles office. The Director, Kelly, is fantastic! She really lets you get the "hands on" experience that most internships lack. She is patient, understanding with schedules, and allows open to new ways to help you grow as an individual and professional. She encourages open discussions and allows you to take the initiative! Great experience interning here!

Cons

No position to move up. Unfortunately, it's a small office with the Director, one associate and the rest are interns.

Advice to Management

Jason (CEO) is awesome! Visited a few times and took us out to lunch. Great company with great people!

7. "Growing company, great people."

I have been working at Post+Beam full-time

Pros

Not only does the company have great clients, but the work culture and people are some of the best I've worked with. From the CEO down, everyone takes a people-first mentality.

Cons

With any small company comes the growing pains and the requirement to wear many hats, but it's also great to get your hands in lots of things.

Advice to Management

Having offices in different geographic locations creates a number of challenges. Continue to keep front-of-mind ways to bring together all of your employees and offices.

8. "Worst Agency Out There"

Pros

The company is "boutique", which makes for a nice and relaxing atmosphere.

Cons

There is no communication between management and its employees. The company is running itself into the ground and the higher-ups are doing absolutely nothing in their power to stop it. Except of course, for taking themselves out of the company completely and letting the 20-something-year-old employees take over to do with the company whatever they please. I have never heard of another agency with more turnover than at Post+Beam. Clients and employees leave way too often, which is truly a reflection of terrible management.

Advice to Management

Get off your high horses and learn how to run a business properly, or at least, DECENTLY- because soon, you will have no employees AND no clients.

"big ideas, mergers, pet projects, and employees come and go with fervor. egos stay forever."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Post+Beam full-time

Pros

i give p+b 3 stars because of one huge silver lining: if you can stick around and work until it hurts and don't expect many praises in return, you can learn an incredible amount here. this company would like to be a launching pad for startups but it really seems to be a launching pad for its own employees to go on to bigger, better things once they can't take the environment any longer. coworker relations are the best you will find--a band of brothers in the trenches in diverse fields being hounded to "innovate" in a working environment that allots nowhere near the amount of time, or money, or explorative freedom needed to execute these big ideas. put an overworked group of creative and entrepreneurial minds together in an office environment that favors manipulation and brand image smoke screens over actual client care and program focus, and i guess that's what you get: good friends, good ideas, limited means to feel satisfied in your work. do it while you can, and leave as soon as you can't. your resume will rock. plus leadership is spendy, so that makes for some nice perks.

Cons

leadership unable to get out of their own way. after employee turnover hit double digits (in a company hovering around 25 people total) junior level staff were performing tasks once managed by partners, while ownership was traveling frequently, returning out of touch with the workings of the company, and proclaiming grossly misguided new strategies with little to no room for debate (e.g.-- redistributing accounts like the dutch dividing africa) restructuring of accounts was frequent, and new client leads were often learning as they went with no senior figure to guide them. employees who had quit and left the company were still referred to as account leads for as long as 6 months, maybe more. the entire staff had to squirm around questions regarding these people's availability in order to keep up the facade of a competent business. even on the website now, multiple employees listed have been gone from the company for months. despite the clear need for a new guard of senior level employees, they kept hiring junior associates and left them to fumble through, in some cases filing roles wholly unrelated to their background or original job description. multiple attempted mergers failed to fill the void, forming and dissolving in a matter of months. but again... silver lining. you will learn to solve your own problems, interface with people from a diverse set of backgrounds, and walk away with a valuable set of anecdotes for your next interview. nyc beware: despite a huge discrepancy in performance quotas, expect to jump in on day-to-day tactical execution, set up meetings, and pass on business leads to LA without thanks. continue to question why this is happening ad nauseam. repeat as needed for all new process guidelines, brand message shifts, and office relocations. collect all employee exit letters, to be read upon induction into the alumni club.

Advice to Management

look in the mirror.

"Says they're innovative, but are 10 years behind the curve."

Former Employee - Junior Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Junior Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Post+Beam full-time (More than a year)

Pros

• There are a couple of really talented people scattered throughout the company.
    • The work atmosphere is relaxed.

Cons

• Unqualified people in leadership positions.
    • Lots of egos and politics.
    • Hard work/long hours are often not noticed by upper management.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, leave your ego at the door.