Post Foods Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
William P Stiritz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A great place for opportunity!"

I worked at Post Foods full-time

Pros

Post Foods offered many opportunities to learn and thrive in an innovative environment.

Cons

Many food businesses are faced with cutting costs, and unfortunately Post had to make a decision to consolidate its workforce to increase efficiency and improve profits.

"Moved to MN"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Post Foods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A great group of people; Company was moving in right direction; plenty of opportunity to prove yourself. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

Moved to MN. Out of almost 100 employees I think only one moved to MN. They did give a good severance.

Advice to Management

MN management needs to adapt to larger company requirements. The old Malt-o-Meal ways need to be updated. Not totally tossed - but it is not a family owned corporation anymore.

3. "Vice President, Sales"

Former Employee - Vice President in Fanwood, NJ
    Former Employee - Vice President in Fanwood, NJ

I worked at Post Foods (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent brands. Strong Marketing group. Dynamic category with high household penetration.

Cons

Relocated to Minneapolis. Two giant competitors.

Advice to Management

Keep strong management

4. "Finance Manager"

Former Employee - Commercial Finance Manager in Sparta, NJ
    Former Employee - Commercial Finance Manager in Sparta, NJ

I worked at Post Foods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

great leadership, work life balance,

Cons

nj office is closed, relcated to Minneapolis

Advice to Management

Company let a lot of great people go in NJ. Best of luck in Minnesota.

5. "Post Foods New Jersey Was a Nice Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Post Foods full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

NJ Office was a great place to work - flexible work hours, Summer hours, casual dress Fridays, company events and family friendly work place. Good work/life balance. Good time off policy. Good work environment - dedicated employees and hard workers.

Cons

New Jersey office is closing and relocating to Minnesota - we all lost our jobs - I will miss working with my former New Jersey colleagues.

Advice to Management

Continue the generous holiday and paid time off policy, Summer hours and favorable work/life balance - happy employees are productive employees.

6. "Post was a great place to work"

Former Employee - Category Manager in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Category Manager in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Post Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Perfect combination of highly skilled workers , top notch brands, interesting work. Senior management did a great job of keeping the employees informed. Great overall benefits.

Cons

Pockets of self-serving toxic lazy managers, connections matter more than your work
    There is no clear structures or rules when it comes to basic corporate functions

"Executive Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Post Foods (More than 8 years)

Pros

Best Leadership ever - great opportunity in career advancement - Post is one big happy family

Cons

Parsippany office is closing - very sad

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

"Will get even better as we transition away from old Post"

Current Employee - Marketing in Lakeville, MN
    Current Employee - Marketing in Lakeville, MN

I have been working at Post Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Disciplined thinking by management that had been lacking in Post cereals. The transition is almost over and we can now move forward instead of the backwards looking NJ team who seemed to be confused as to to who was in charge (merger agreement was very clear). The best of old team (Sales) is excited as we rebuild this business and get to a proper value.

Cons

Some bitterness from former team.

Advice to Management

Full speed ahead.

"Marketing"

Pros

OLD Post was a big dysfunctional family. We argued, compromised, collaborated, shared success, worked through failure, and did it all together. No person or role was too big or too small to feel a part of the team and company. Senior management, all the way up through CEO, knew folks by name and commonly chatted openly about the business and thoughts/suggestions to improve. THIS was the Post I knew and enjoyed.

Cons

'NEW' Post aka PCB [Post Consumer Brands] as the merged name of Malt o' Meal and Post. The transition and merger left many in the dark and grasping for answers. Post delivered a winning strategy, ultimately enabling the buyout. OLD Post, however, lost as corporate decisions were made to close the operating office, laying off 99.9% of heritage Post employees. They laid off everyone that knew what they were doing in all functional facets. This isn't to say all heritage MOM employees were bad either, but lopsided personnel ultimately creates an environment of distorted facts, us vs them mentality, lost strategy and knowledge, positive momentum reversal, and an otherwise polarizing approach. At the end of the day, life and business moves on, but this merger [read: buyout] has a long way to go in proving itself best in class.

Advice to Management

Take care of your people as the best asset, and remember they're the drivers of the ship that make things happen. Doesn't matter what side of the fence they're on, be fair.

10. "Excellent company to work for if you like good challenges and stretch-goals."

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Oakdale, CA
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Oakdale, CA

I worked at Post Foods full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Helpful management group. Knowledgeable hourly group. Challenging projects. Company encourages innovation and promotes application of new ideas. Management respects new ways of solving problems and encourages use of new problem solving tools.

Cons

Not enough people buying cereal, therefore, business is, sometimes, too slow. Hourly employees get laid off. Seems like Post allowed market share to slip too much.

Advice to Management

Promote a nationwide paradigm shift back to eating cold cereal for breakfast every morning. Advertise more and take back market share from Kelloggs.