Post University Reviews

Updated Jan 14, 2021

3.8
Post University CEO John Hopkins (no image)
John Hopkins
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management doesn't care about you(in 6 reviews)

• "low pay with no raise in 5 years with increasing demands(in 6 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. Featured Review

"Amazing Culture"

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Colchester, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time

Pros

Great leadership, Genuine, Adaptable, Caring, Community, Flexible

Cons

You may not work a typical work week

January 11, 2021Associate Experience

We are so glad that your experience as an associate at Post University has been an extraordinary one. We are committed to creating a culture of collaboration, respect, teamwork, and fun. Our focus is, and always will be, on providing associates with the knowledge, training, and tools to provide our students with an extraordinary experience. We’re glad that you recognize all that Post does to ensure your success and well-being, and that we truly care about every member of the team.

2. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor

I have been working at Post University full-time for less than a year

Pros

Incredibly friendly managers, coworkers, etc. Great benefits and starting salary.

Cons

The job is 80% being on the phone, so it can get a little exhausting.

"Post University has become my second family!"

Current Employee - Director in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Family orientated -Room for growth -Several training opportunities (They truly set you up for success!) -Management is open to new ideas and encourages "out of the box" thinking -Positive and fun environment. - The whole school is passionate about helping their students -Great benefits -90% off tuition

Cons

-Does not offer a doctorate program

December 21, 2020Associate Experience

We are so glad that your experience as an associate at Post University has been an extraordinary one. We are committed to creating a culture of collaboration, respect, teamwork, and fun. Our focus is, and always will be, on providing associates with the knowledge, training, and tools to provide our students with an extraordinary experience. We’re glad that you recognize all that Post does to ensure your success and well-being.

"Great University to Learn and Grow"

Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great community and working environment and great team support

Cons

Pays at end of the term and terms are 8 weeks long

November 10, 2020Associate Experience

We are so happy to hear that your experience as an associate faculty member at Post University has been an extraordinary one. Our dedication to the success of our students starts with the success of our team members. We never tire of hearing how the people truly make Post University a unique and special place to work. We never lose focus on cultivating a culture of teamwork and fun. Thank you for your dedication to providing a highly personal experience for our students.

5. "Great Job"

4.0
    Former Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Waterbury, CT

I worked at Post University part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Updated tech to use Managers pretty much leave you alone but support you when asked Usually opportunities each term. Can count on it

Cons

Adjunct pay is low compared to other similar schools Some lower-level courses require a lot of chasing after non-participating students Student advisors may not reply to student issues or offer support needed.

November 10, 2020Associate Experience

We are so glad that your experience as an associate at Post University has been an extraordinary one. Our focus is, and always will be, on providing associates with the knowledge, training, and tools to provide our students with an extraordinary experience, in and out of the classroom. We invite you to share your concerns related to your compensation and working with other associates at the University with your program chair. We’re glad that you recognize all that Post does to ensure your success.

6. "Horrible place"

1.0
    Current Employee - Admission Counselor in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time

Pros

You can Work from home

Cons

Mirco manage If you don't make your numbers, that's all that matters. Poor management.

December 22, 2020Associate Experience

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working with us. While we appreciate you recognizing that we’ve put the well-being of every member of our community first when it comes to working remotely, it saddens us that your time as an associate hasn’t met your expectations. Although many of our experienced leaders have worked in the field of higher education for decades, Post has a distinct culture that focuses on how best to motivate and develop team members. It is important for all our leaders to remain connected to and aware of our students’ experiences, and we are sorry if you confuse this dedication with being micromanaged. Our goal is, and always will be, to ensure the success of every student who enrolls, and we measure this success in a variety of ways, including through the use of relevant, metric-based data. We encourage you to work with your direct leadership or the Associate Experience team on any concerns you have about your role.

7. "Good work environment"

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer

I have been working at Post University full-time

Pros

It is good a place to learn

Cons

I can not think of

"AWFUL PLACE TO WORK"

1.0
    Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Naugatuck, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time

Pros

Work from home Benefits discount cant think of any more.. they are garbage

Cons

Upper management doesn't care about you Zero room for growth unless you kiss there behinds numbers-driven school Only care about getting 12-14 students per 8 weeks STRAIGHT SALES Pay sucks It's equivalent to prison got 1 star because 0 isn't an option

November 20, 2020Associate Experience

While we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience as an associate at Post University and that you recognize our excellent benefits and flexible work arrangements, we are disappointed that your overall experience wasn’t a positive one. Our culture of making it personal is driven by our leadership team, which is focused on providing an extraordinary experience for every associate. In fact, a number of initiatives currently exist to show our commitment to our associates and their overall well-being. Recently, for example, we shipped CARE packages to every full-time associate to thank them for their hard work and dedication during this unprecedented time. In addition, for the fourth year in a row Post has completely absorbed substantially increased benefit costs and avoided passing any increase in benefit deductions to its associates. As a University, we are steadfast in our mission to provide our students with educational opportunities to achieve their goals. Yes, we measure our success using several quantitative and qualitative metrics, and this guides the decisions that are made. We do, in fact, care very deeply about each and every student, and will remain focused on this important commitment. We encourage you to speak with your leadership on any concerns you have related to your role and performance.

9. "This job is great for recent graduates and anyone looking to go back to school while working."

Current Employee - Financial Solutions Advocate

I have been working at Post University full-time

Pros

Good benefits great employee discount

Cons

Pay should be better and not too much training. You learn as you go on and it is easy to pick up but would have been better with more training.

November 10, 2020Associate Experience

We are so happy to hear that your experience as an associate at Post University has been an extraordinary one. Our dedication to the success of our students starts with the success of our associates. Thank you for sharing your feedback on training for new associates. We would encourage you to share this feedback with your leadership so that they can work with our training and development team to develop a more comprehensive new associate training program for your area. Thank you for your dedication to providing a highly personal experience for our students.

"hard"

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor

I have been working at Post University full-time

Pros

tuition reimbursement and salary benefits

Cons

too many responsibilities not enough money

Viewing 1 - 10 of 143 English Reviews