Post University Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 29, 2018

2.9
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good people and they are generous with time" (in 6 reviews)

• "Excellent fringe benefits; cell phone/laundry stipend, no rent/utilities, lots of opportunities for growth and development" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay and refused to give raise when promoted" (in 6 reviews)

• "The small family-type campus appeals to many students, yet it could be a drawback to many others" (in 5 reviews)

"Director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The open and honest dialog that is delivered by the majority of the Executive Leadership Team. The transparency of information and the candid "state of the university" by John Hopkins, president and CEO is refreshing and makes you want to work at Post.

Cons

Some leaders (at all levels) do not hold the members of their teams accountable. This lack of direction is a challenge for those trying to make a difference the the lives of our students AND associates.

Advice to Management

Hold people accountable for professional personal performance and dedication to their job!

2. "Low pay, terrible leadership, they don’t believe in HR."

Former Employee - Online Admissions Representative
    Former Employee - Online Admissions Representative

I worked at Post University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent health insurance. Decent paid time off but, don’t expect to use it when you want to or with out management giving you a hard time.

Cons

If you are being sexually harassed by a coworker and you have and have documented proof, don’t expect HR or management to take action upon it, they will blame it on you instead. Terrible paying salaries (don’t expect raises, do expect unequal pay) they are all about a bottom line profit margin and who can bring in the most amount of students. It’s quantity over quality. Management plays favorites and have no problem helping the employees they like and firing employees they don’t like. Also, I caught a manager recoding all her one on one conversations. Managers have no problem bullying you and threatening to fire you When you do get fired, expect it to be for some bogus excuse like behavior because they can’t legally say it was performance based due to the fact that they accept federal aid. Not because the students they were recruiting were not qualified.

Advice to Management

Sell Post to a non profit university and get rid of all management and “executive” leadership. Post was never a good school and never will be. The moves they made over the past 5 years have only hurt the campus and students. Also, the online division needs a complete overhaul.

3. "Overworked"

I have been working at Post University full-time

Pros

You work with some great, smart and dedicated people.

Cons

Unfortunately, the people who do the good work are overworked and do not get credit.

4. "Campus Store Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great for student workers

Cons

They do Bi Weekly Pay

"College that Cares"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Will help you to grow and develop as a professional. Some of the most wonderful people you will ever meet. I went through some of the darkest times of my life while working here and the support I received from my colleagues, manager and leadership made me want to stay here for the long haul. It's nice to know that there are still companies that care about their people and the bottom line. There is high pressure to perform but you do have "permission to fail". They get that not everyone is going to knock it out of the park every time and if you are struggling they will try to figure out why and help you to succeed. There are also great tuition benefits and a lot of fun events.

Cons

High pressure to perform. Accelerated coursework and recruitment cycles can be overwhelming at times.

"Equal opportunity?"

Current Employee - Financial Aid Advisor
    Current Employee - Financial Aid Advisor

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, good work home balance, decent amount of time off. Company functions

Cons

Too many established cliques. No room for advancement despite acknowledged contributions, condescending leadership team, pay grade dependent upon who you know not what you know. Multiple mistakes frequently made but leads to promotions!.

Advice to Management

Keep business and personal separate. Just because they hang out at your house doesn't make them qualified leaders. Be up front with staff about expectations.

"Sales and nothing less"

I worked at Post University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tuition, flexible schedules, I can’t think of much more, I have met some great people there

Cons

The management is a joke, they all got promoted due to friendships and about 75% of them don’t know the first thing about management. The ceo and President is a business man and has never had anything to do with higher education. You are expected to get high numbers of students if you do not they will find a reason to fire you since you can not technically be fired for your numbers. Management gets away with horrific practices like humiliating some of the reps. A lot like a mean girl mentality. The president will talk about tribal leadership and how great it is and thats what we strive for but when you work there you see how they fall very short of following the rules. You have to try to convince students to go to school with us and if they decide not to then you have to try to force them to start “ saving a student “ in other words badgering and bullying them until they start. It is a revolving door people start out thinking it’s a great place and then once they realize what they are to do they leave. The stress of getting students is crippling so many people there are sick due to stress. Be weary of working here.

Advice to Management

Change should happen there are a lot of rotten apples there that don’t know what they are doing there. You need to get rid of upper management otherwise nothing is going to change and tribal leadership will never be anything

Post University Response

Sep 11, 2018 – HR Recruiter

We are disheartened to hear you feel so negatively about your experience at Post University. We encourage you to reach out to Associate Experience so that we can better understand what led to you... More

"I wish I stayed at my previous employer"

Current Employee - Financial Aid Advisor in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Financial Aid Advisor in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, some great people, some awesome students and tuition benefits.

Cons

Promotions are based on friendships and how liked people are and not on merit. Management is not capable to lead. Broken promises. Training is poor and communication is nonexistent. Culture and values are preached but not practiced.

Advice to Management

Try to promote people who work hard and meet goals. Try to not promote people who are chronically late and call out at least once a week. Try following your own "Non negotiable behaviors" such as transparency. Try having management and leadership in their departments rather than hiding in meetings or at their desk nowhere near their department. Remove the barriers between departments to promote the flow of information. Follow the tennants of Tribal Leadership you preach. Maybe read the book as well.

Post University Response

Sep 11, 2018 – HR Recruiter

We are disheartened to hear you feel so negatively about your experience at Post University. We understand projects such as Eagles Wings have taken leadership’s attention, especially as we get close... More

9. "Good place to work"

I worked at Post University full-time

Pros

Learned a lot. Worked with good people.

Cons

Salary is a little below standard.

"Program manager"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Emphasis is on the bottom line, not the student

Advice to Management

Consider the best interest of the student first