KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Post University Reviews

Updated Jun 21, 2022

Found 203 of over 213 reviews

3.2
Post University President and CEO John Hopkins (no image)
John Hopkins

The latest conversations about Teachers

Join the conversation on

Teachers

1y

a

West Virginia Elementary School Teacher

Who is taking the COVID-19 Shot? Do you think all teachers should?

2,892

960 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Post University and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years
    Featured Review

Best place to work in the USA!

Feb 24, 2022 - Director in Waterbury, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Work/life balance -Family atmosphere -As an employee and student you are treated like family instead of a number -Room for growth -Fantastic benefits. -Top notch training and support every step of the way! -Gamed and fun activities throughout the year. -A school that truly cares about its students with such a positive work environment.

Cons

Post does not have any cons.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0

Very personable

Apr 23, 2022 - College Admissions Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

They care so much for their employees. Always willing to talk to you about your personal life and help you anyway possible.

Cons

A lot of phone calls, but that was expected.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

ASC - low pay large plate of responsibilities

May 11, 2022 - Academic Success Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

-amazing benefits (tuition discount is top notch !) - work remote - amazing students if you genuinely like talking to people

Cons

- favoritism - no leadership of color - phone calls don’t impact engagement yet emphasis is placed on calls - tons of tasks that don’t actually help reach goals - tons of racist comments / micro agressions -highly emotional leadership who don’t answer questions directly (lack of transparency) - low pay (like extremely low)

5 people found this review helpful

Post University Response

Associate Experience

Thanks for your feedback about Post's culture and work environment. Post's mission is to consistently reflect exceptional, employer of choice investments in both its associates and students. This level of investment is designed to address a broad variety of needs, ultimately creating happy and proud associates serving happy and proud students. Your personal recognition that Post offers an excellent and thoughtful benefits package is appreciated. Thanks also for acknowledging that our efforts to be supportive of working remote has met your expectations. However, on a different note, your stated negative perceptions and frustrations about low pay, favoritism, lack of diversity staffing, and ineffective supervisory guidance/responsiveness are disappointing. Although Post has consistently received feedback from many associates to the contrary and has in fact been nationally recognized as a Top Employer Workplace for the past two years, our ongoing commitment to capitalize on meaningful culture improvement opportunities is unwavering. While we appreciate your anonymous posting, to really invoke change, we implore you to contact us directly so that we can receive the detailed information and respond immediately and accordingly. We would welcome you to contact Associate Experience (kzewe@post.edu) to help us learn more specifics about your employment experiences and related suggestions. Thanks for your prior contributions to Post University and best wishes!

4. 2.0
    Current Employee

Ok for now, not great for career prospects and long term.

Feb 1, 2022 - Admissions
    Business Outlook

Pros

Support among peers Good work Flexibility and PTO Good tuition reimbursement

Cons

Low pay - especially with constant increases to work load, no raises during “record breaking enrollment terms” and the ability to continually buy more leads and invest in things other than employees. Pay is stagnant compared to the market. Constant expectation of overtime to hit enrollment goals. Poor retirement benefits - match is terrible offering no incentive to stay long term. No assistance to those who have degrees only to those who want to earn one. All mobility is pre-determined so applying for promotions is pointless. You hear about up coming promotions before positions are even posted.

9 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not bad but not great

Jun 21, 2022 - Financial Aid Advisor in Waterbury, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

3 weeks PTO flexible management Work from home

Cons

No room for growth Lack of organization/training

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Poor Quality Overall

May 17, 2022 - Admissions Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you are lucky enough to work under some of the few lovable Assistant Directors here than it is easier to enjoy the overall experience. You can also create your own schedule for the most part, aside for when they REQUIRE weekend logins and guilt trip for overtime hours or very late nights/early morning logins. Good benefits overall, but I’m guessing they use that as a way to compensate for the low pay which we will get to shortly.

Cons

No raises, even if you take on 10 new responsibilities and titles there’s virtually no way to even ask for a raise as everyone basically makes the same base pay for the position titles regardless of time in the role/responsibilities/trainings. Poor pay, and they love talking about how profitable the university has been which is so lovely to hear when our salary leaves many of us struggling. It is ALL numbers based, do not let anything fool you. Whether it be call volume, the amount of time you spend every day waiting for calls to come in, the amount of FAFSAs you’ve received from leads, the amount of students you’ve enrolled. There’s also no exam that qualifies or disqualifies the students that we’re meant to approve and enroll in class for a fully online degree program. You will find many of the students are computer illiterate and advisors are made to guide them through learning how to navigate on a computer as well. It’s a sales job in all of its entirety that’s progressively gotten worse over the time I’ve worked here. They will actually send us messages throughout the day that state to “not leave until you’ve gotten at least one FAFSA for the day”. I’m concerned as to how they feel comfortable hitting send on messages like that when so many of us are already feeling burnt-out and morally/ethically off kilter for being pressured to enroll people who are not going to thrive in the program. Then they stress about retention as if they didn’t encourage all of us to enroll as many people as we could with nothing but overall poor lead quality. A good majority of people cannot stay in this role very long due to the abuse of being on the auto dialer, multitasking ALL throughout the day, management sending messages all day, which all leads to quantity over quality. You may see some recent responses from Post University about how we should bring these issues up during “Town Halls” or speak to HR etc. We haven’t seen our CEO in a town hall meeting pretty much since he said to “expect raises in the Fall” and that was last summer. Being able to open the floor to the CEO was replaced with a drop box to “Ask John Hopkins” on our internal website. (Shocking) It’s all a fallacy.

6 people found this review helpful
  7. 3.0

Decent starter job

Jun 12, 2022 - Residence Hall Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Duty is light, campus is small

Cons

No organization, shares a tiny office

8. 2.0

Overworked, Minimal pay, Micromanaged

Mar 21, 2022 - Financial Aid Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a remote job but that’s common since the pandemic anyways.

Cons

Terrible place to work. Most higher up’s are either far removed and uninvolved but making the big bucks. The rest are clueless and we’re promoted based on three friendship with previously mentioned higher ups. For profit and for themselves

7 people found this review helpful

Post University Response

Associate Experience

Thanks for your feedback about your employment experience with Post. We regret your experience has not met your expectations and has created your unfavorable perceptions. Post intentionally operates as a flat organization without hierarchy or rigid chain of commands which encourages hands-on interactions and relationship building at all levels. To achieve this, Post has a variety of communication options such as Town Halls, surveys, informal conversations, focus groups, etc. to keep leaders and their associates well informed and connected on a daily basis. Our associates are also encouraged to discuss any concerns they may have and opportunities for professional growth directly with their managers. At the University, positions are filled based on qualifications. If interested, your related specific concerns may be directed to the Associate Experience department for further clarification. Regarding Post's mission, our purpose is centered on improving lives for students and our associates through highest values and ethics. Your efforts to help us accomplish this noble cause are appreciated. Thanks again.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good for graduates

Apr 28, 2022 - Admissions Counselor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good for post grads, highly recommend to leave after a year. Good pto, some room to switch positions. Sometimes you have a good manager

Cons

growth based off popularity, work/life balance non existent when a new term is starting they expect/require you to work on the weekends and nights. Pay sucks. Above all else, pretty sketchy school/methods of recruiting students.

5 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Who is even left?

Mar 2, 2022 - Academic Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Haha haha haha haha haha

Cons

Essentially this place is a cesspit. Title IX violations, title IV violations, empty degree programs way beneath accreditation standards, misleading information given to students/potential students, EEO violations, hiring faculty that expects advising to teach their courses, throwing students into debt for the bottom line, programs that dont work at an **online** university. Top leadership have bachelors degrees in UNRELATED fields while accomplished experienced professionals languish under them. Its cliquey. Its weird. Its uncomfortable. Turnover has been huge - we know you don't have advisors anymore and the handful that stayed all have exit plans. Management will literally tell you to go through other management instead of talking to them directly. I was quite literally told to pretend I didn't know as much as i did so "i wouldnt intimidate people". Management clearly feels threatened by the existence of anyone who doesn't kiss their feet.

6 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 203 Reviews

Post University Reviews FAQs

Post University has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 213 reviews left anonymously by employees. 49% of employees would recommend working at Post University to a friend and 34% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -16% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Post University employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Post University. This rating has decreased by -21% over the last 12 months.

49% of Post University employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Post University 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 2.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Post University to be workplace, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Post University Job Seekers