Post University Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great benefits for an entry-level job" (in 6 reviews)

• "Good people and they are generous with time" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay and refused to give raise when promoted" (in 6 reviews)

• "The small family-type campus appeals to many students, yet it could be a drawback to many others" (in 5 reviews)

"College that Cares"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Will help you to grow and develop as a professional. Some of the most wonderful people you will ever meet. I went through some of the darkest times of my life while working here and the support I received from my colleagues, manager and leadership made me want to stay here for the long haul. It's nice to know that there are still companies that care about their people and the bottom line. There is high pressure to perform but you do have "permission to fail". They get that not everyone is going to knock it out of the park every time and if you are struggling they will try to figure out why and help you to succeed. There are also great tuition benefits and a lot of fun events.

Cons

High pressure to perform. Accelerated coursework and recruitment cycles can be overwhelming at times.

"Equal opportunity?"

Current Employee - Financial Aid Advisor
    Current Employee - Financial Aid Advisor

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduling, good work home balance, decent amount of time off. Company functions

Cons

Too many established cliques. No room for advancement despite acknowledged contributions, condescending leadership team, pay grade dependent upon who you know not what you know. Multiple mistakes frequently made but leads to promotions!.

Advice to Management

Keep business and personal separate. Just because they hang out at your house doesn't make them qualified leaders. Be up front with staff about expectations.

"Sales and nothing less"

I worked at Post University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tuition, flexible schedules, I can’t think of much more, I have met some great people there

Cons

The management is a joke, they all got promoted due to friendships and about 75% of them don’t know the first thing about management. The ceo and President is a business man and has never had anything to do with higher education. You are expected to get high numbers of students if you do not they will find a reason to fire you since you can not technically be fired for your numbers. Management gets away with horrific practices like humiliating some of the reps. A lot like a mean girl mentality. The president will talk about tribal leadership and how great it is and thats what we strive for but when you work there you see how they fall very short of following the rules. You have to try to convince students to go to school with us and if they decide not to then you have to try to force them to start “ saving a student “ in other words badgering and bullying them until they start. It is a revolving door people start out thinking it’s a great place and then once they realize what they are to do they leave. The stress of getting students is crippling so many people there are sick due to stress. Be weary of working here.

Advice to Management

Change should happen there are a lot of rotten apples there that don’t know what they are doing there. You need to get rid of upper management otherwise nothing is going to change and tribal leadership will never be anything

Sep 11, 2018 – HR Recruiter

We are disheartened to hear you feel so negatively about your experience at Post University. We encourage you to reach out to Associate Experience so that we can better understand what led to you... More

"I wish I stayed at my previous employer"

Current Employee - Financial Aid Advisor in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Financial Aid Advisor in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, some great people, some awesome students and tuition benefits.

Cons

Promotions are based on friendships and how liked people are and not on merit. Management is not capable to lead. Broken promises. Training is poor and communication is nonexistent. Culture and values are preached but not practiced.

Advice to Management

Try to promote people who work hard and meet goals. Try to not promote people who are chronically late and call out at least once a week. Try following your own "Non negotiable behaviors" such as transparency. Try having management and leadership in their departments rather than hiding in meetings or at their desk nowhere near their department. Remove the barriers between departments to promote the flow of information. Follow the tennants of Tribal Leadership you preach. Maybe read the book as well.

Sep 11, 2018 – HR Recruiter

We are disheartened to hear you feel so negatively about your experience at Post University. We understand projects such as Eagles Wings have taken leadership’s attention, especially as we get close... More

5. "Good place to work"

I worked at Post University full-time

Pros

Learned a lot. Worked with good people.

Cons

Salary is a little below standard.

"Program manager"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Emphasis is on the bottom line, not the student

Advice to Management

Consider the best interest of the student first

"Admissions counselor"

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

• The people, Admissions are some of the hardest working people, willing to log in/text/email with students all hours of the day and weekend, on days off and holidays, on and off the clock.
    • Benefits are decent, healthcare is good but a bit expensive. 401K (would appreciate a better match though)
    • PTO
    • Flexibility of your schedule
    • Attempting to move in the right direction

Cons

• High volume call center.
    • Only concerned with the bottom line, not the student.
    • Sales mentality, given daily, weekly and monthly goals for applications and approvals. Under pressure to hit a 10 student per module goal.
    • PTO, even if you take a week or two off your goal does not change, having a week off is not an excuse for falling short on 10 students.
    • Constantly increasing the work load, work has doubled if not triple since starting and no sign of increase in pay or benefits.
    • New hires earn more than staff who has been loyal and committed to Post for years.
    • Lack of mobility. Too much security for management, Admissions is a revolving door due to performance but once you are in management you are safe.
    • Strong culture of nepotism in management.

Advice to Management

Value the employees you have, they work harder than you know and deserve better. To be constantly told you are appreciated is great, but after a time it is just words. Having “record breaking” enrollments that are profitable and not putting it back into the people who work so hard to get there.

Look into the culture of management, it comes from the top.

Increase benefits or increase pay. It’s more than deserved.

"Be Wary"

I have been working at Post University full-time

Pros

-Great Tuition Benefits program for those seeking a Bachelor's or Master's Degree
    -Excellent PTO and sick time policy
    -flexible schedule

Cons

-vast micromanagement
    -low pay with no raises
    -at the end of the day its a numbers game

Apr 2, 2018 – Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your Post Experience thus far. We love to hear from current associates, especially when there is an opportunity to address concerns... More

"It was good for awhile"

I have been working at Post University part-time

Pros

I love trying to make a difference in students' lives. Management is immediately responsive if you have any practical issues (online instruction).

Cons

low pay with no raise in 5 years with increasing demands

Advice to Management

invest more in your very qualified teaching staff or you will have trouble drawing effective instructors

""apply to another college and get your experience elsewhere if you can""

Current Employee - ADP Admissions Counselor
    Current Employee - ADP Admissions Counselor

I have been working at Post University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is good for an entry level position.

Cons

I would maybe recommend a friend to work for Post University, but NOT to work for the admissions department. I've worked for over a year as an ADP Admissions Counselor and it really does suck. The pressure of hitting goal every time is ridiculous, they fire people very often, and even worse you won't even see it coming. They let you work half your shift and then fire you and won't let you go back to your desk to retrieve your belongings. It's really hard to do well here, if you aren't best friends with management OR if you just aren't good at sales. Training is not effective, and the team that you get put on can either make or break the job for you. The interview and job description is all misleading; you are expected to call over 100 people a day, it's mainly all cold calling, and it's extremely boring.

Advice to Management

It's important to let future employees what they're getting into especially within the Admissions department, because it most certainly is a sales position! Spend more time training your employees instead of letting a ton of people go all at once and then replacing them in such a short amount of time! It makes everyone else feel like there's no job security.

Feb 26, 2018 – Marketing

Thank you for sharing thoughts regarding your Post experience. As a current employee, we are most interested in beginning a dialogue with you to make your time with us exceptional.

Associates... More