Post University Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 17, 2018

Full-timePart-time

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good people and they are generous with time (in 5 reviews)

• Challenging but Friendly, collaborative, fun work environment (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Besides enrolling people that have little to no chance of graduating, you annoy the crap out of people by calling them multiple times a day (in 4 reviews)

• Low pay and refused to give raise when promoted (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I've never met so many dedicated professionals who care about their students!"

I have been working at Post University full-time

Pros

Each day I am enlightened by the group of knowledgeable and deeply caring people who support our students, allowing every one of them to find their greatness!!!!

Cons

So many great things going on all the time; you really have to stay focused.

Advice to Management

Treat every student like the most important customer.

Oct 3, 2017 – Marketing

Hello, from Post University! Many thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts here.

We are simply thrilled with your observations. As you know, Post University strives to “change lives... More

2. "Program manager"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Emphasis is on the bottom line, not the student

Advice to Management

Consider the best interest of the student first

3. "Be Wary"

I have been working at Post University full-time

Pros

-Great Tuition Benefits program for those seeking a Bachelor's or Master's Degree
    -Excellent PTO and sick time policy
    -flexible schedule

Cons

-vast micromanagement
    -low pay with no raises
    -at the end of the day its a numbers game

Apr 2, 2018 – Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your Post Experience thus far. We love to hear from current associates, especially when there is an opportunity to address concerns... More

4. "It was good for awhile"

I have been working at Post University part-time

Pros

I love trying to make a difference in students' lives. Management is immediately responsive if you have any practical issues (online instruction).

Cons

low pay with no raise in 5 years with increasing demands

Advice to Management

invest more in your very qualified teaching staff or you will have trouble drawing effective instructors

5. ""apply to another college and get your experience elsewhere if you can""

Current Employee - ADP Admissions Counselor
    Current Employee - ADP Admissions Counselor

I have been working at Post University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is good for an entry level position.

Cons

I would maybe recommend a friend to work for Post University, but NOT to work for the admissions department. I've worked for over a year as an ADP Admissions Counselor and it really does suck. The pressure of hitting goal every time is ridiculous, they fire people very often, and even worse you won't even see it coming. They let you work half your shift and then fire you and won't let you go back to your desk to retrieve your belongings. It's really hard to do well here, if you aren't best friends with management OR if you just aren't good at sales. Training is not effective, and the team that you get put on can either make or break the job for you. The interview and job description is all misleading; you are expected to call over 100 people a day, it's mainly all cold calling, and it's extremely boring.

Advice to Management

It's important to let future employees what they're getting into especially within the Admissions department, because it most certainly is a sales position! Spend more time training your employees instead of letting a ton of people go all at once and then replacing them in such a short amount of time! It makes everyone else feel like there's no job security.

Feb 26, 2018 – Marketing

Thank you for sharing thoughts regarding your Post experience. As a current employee, we are most interested in beginning a dialogue with you to make your time with us exceptional.

Associates... More

"High pressure salesman, er, Admissions Counselor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

I worked at Post University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. Possibly the most unprofessional place I’ve ever seen.

Cons

Shady recruitment practices. High pressure sales. If students go unresponsive you’re pressured to track them down like a bill collector, but worse. Admission Counselors routinely text bomb from alternate numbers or even stalk students and their family to pressure them to participate. If a student posts in the class once they count toward an AC’s goals. If you fall below 10 students per Mod you are on the firing block. So Admissions Counselors are under intense pressure to make their students participate at least once. Admissions Counselors who do recruite more than 10 students are rewarded with under the table time off. The ethics line is constantly blurred. The coworkers are some petty and disrespectful people. A disgruntled employee once smeared feces all over the ladies bathroom. Coworkers have broken out in ghetto shouting matches in front of me over students.

Advice to Management

I think it’s time for another major overhaul with management. New boss same as the old boss.

Feb 26, 2018 – Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share thoughts on your Post experience. We value all reviews, and yours has been shared with Post’s upper management team.

We are always regretful when an... More

7. "Good place to start out, not a life-long career"

Former Employee - Residence Hall Director in Waterbury, CT
    Former Employee - Residence Hall Director in Waterbury, CT

I worked at Post University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent fringe benefits; cell phone/laundry stipend, no rent/utilities, lots of opportunities for growth and development

Cons

Poor work/life balance, comparatively low salary, upper management too concerned with bottom line

Advice to Management

Find a way to increase work/life balance and remember you are a university, students should always come first.

Nov 28, 2017 – Marketing

Many thanks for taking the time to submit a Glassdoor.com review.

Of course, we are always happy to hear what former associates have enjoyed about their Post Experience, and are glad to learn... More

8. "Financial aid Advisor"

Current Employee - Financial Aid Advisor
    Current Employee - Financial Aid Advisor

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people within my department are awesome. They are what make the job!

Cons

There is no upward growth, which is unfortunate.

Nov 28, 2017 – Marketing

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to post a review here. The associates at Post University remain our greatest asset, and we love to hear when people are enjoying the culture of caring we’ve... More

"Please don't work here if you care more about students and not the sales!"

Current Employee - Academic Counselor in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Academic Counselor in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm working here thinking it would be a positive and fun environment where we would genuinely work as a team to help students succeed. I genuinely care about students and their well-being, especially employees who may seek more guidance on the job however...

Cons

I'd advise not to work here. The job description is misleading. The supervisors are discriminatory against your disability and accommodations. They will fire you if you disclose- please don't support this! You have to be liked by the supervisor and there is fakeness and lies. Don't work here if you genuinely care about making a difference for students and their success.

Advice to Management

Please be open and honest to your potential employees. You hire "new student advisors" to help students and make it personal with your new motto this year. Please fulfill your intention. Be honest and take off the hidden agenda that you created for this university where instead students can go to learn and seek guidance with no judgements. Tell them how it's mainly and only about the retention and university profit. It would save employees alot of hassle with what they are truly looking for in a job and career path especially if they seek minor accommodations. Be sensitive. Please make sure this doesn't happen in the future and be careful with the reasoning for your termination procedures. I don't want this to happen to anyone else because this is unfair.

Nov 28, 2017 – Marketing

Hello, and thank you for posting your thoughts regarding your Post Experience. We like to reply to all new posts, and please be assured your comments are being shared with members of Post’s... More

"Still major work to do"

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor
    Former Employee - Admissions Counselor

I worked at Post University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are friendly and fun.

Cons

Favoritism, lack of communication, work harder but no raises.

Advice to Management

Invest in your staff, not just the students.

Nov 28, 2017 – Marketing

Hello, and thank you for posting your comments regarding your experience with Post University. We share all feedback with Post Leadership.

We are disappointed to see you don’t recommend Post. As... More