Post University Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Challenging but Friendly, collaborative, fun work environment (in 5 reviews)

• Excellent fringe benefits; cell phone/laundry stipend, no rent/utilities, lots of opportunities for growth and development (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Besides enrolling people that have little to no chance of graduating, you annoy the crap out of people by calling them multiple times a day (in 4 reviews)

• Extremely low pay for the insanely high volume of work (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I've never met so many dedicated professionals who care about their students!"

I have been working at Post University full-time

Pros

Each day I am enlightened by the group of knowledgeable and deeply caring people who support our students, allowing every one of them to find their greatness!!!!

Cons

So many great things going on all the time; you really have to stay focused.

Advice to Management

Treat every student like the most important customer.

Oct 3, 2017 – Marketing

Hello, from Post University! Many thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts here.

We are simply thrilled with your observations. As you know, Post University strives to “change lives... More

2. "Good place to start out, not a life-long career"

Former Employee - Residence Hall Director in Waterbury, CT
    Former Employee - Residence Hall Director in Waterbury, CT

I worked at Post University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cons

Poor work/life balance, comparatively low salary, upper management too concerned with bottom line

Advice to Management

Find a way to increase work/life balance and remember you are a university, students should always come first.

Nov 28, 2017 – Marketing

Many thanks for taking the time to submit a Glassdoor.com review.

Of course, we are always happy to hear what former associates have enjoyed about their Post Experience, and are glad to learn... More

3. "Financial aid Advisor"

Current Employee - Financial Aid Advisor
    Current Employee - Financial Aid Advisor

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people within my department are awesome. They are what make the job!

Cons

There is no upward growth, which is unfortunate.

Nov 28, 2017 – Marketing

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to post a review here. The associates at Post University remain our greatest asset, and we love to hear when people are enjoying the culture of caring we’ve... More

"Please don't work here if you care more about students and not the sales!"

Current Employee - Academic Counselor in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Academic Counselor in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm working here thinking it would be a positive and fun environment where we would genuinely work as a team to help students succeed. I genuinely care about students and their well-being, especially employees who may seek more guidance on the job however...

Cons

I'd advise not to work here. The job description is misleading. The supervisors are discriminatory against your disability and accommodations. They will fire you if you disclose- please don't support this! You have to be liked by the supervisor and there is fakeness and lies. Don't work here if you genuinely care about making a difference for students and their success.

Advice to Management

Please be open and honest to your potential employees. You hire "new student advisors" to help students and make it personal with your new motto this year. Please fulfill your intention. Be honest and take off the hidden agenda that you created for this university where instead students can go to learn and seek guidance with no judgements. Tell them how it's mainly and only about the retention and university profit. It would save employees alot of hassle with what they are truly looking for in a job and career path especially if they seek minor accommodations. Be sensitive. Please make sure this doesn't happen in the future and be careful with the reasoning for your termination procedures. I don't want this to happen to anyone else because this is unfair.

Nov 28, 2017 – Marketing

Hello, and thank you for posting your thoughts regarding your Post Experience. We like to reply to all new posts, and please be assured your comments are being shared with members of Post’s... More

"Still major work to do"

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor
    Former Employee - Admissions Counselor

I worked at Post University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are friendly and fun.

Cons

Favoritism, lack of communication, work harder but no raises.

Advice to Management

Invest in your staff, not just the students.

Nov 28, 2017 – Marketing

Hello, and thank you for posting your comments regarding your experience with Post University. We share all feedback with Post Leadership.

We are disappointed to see you don’t recommend Post. As... More

"A decent job, not a career"

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Waterbury, CT
    Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Waterbury, CT

I worked at Post University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic laid back environment. Decent pay. Great office culture.

Cons

Absolutely ridiculous sales practices (except that you're not allowed to call it "sales" by law, in the education industry), and goals that are just plain not attainable. Take it if you're okay squeezing it all out for a couple years.

Advice to Management

Actually give your students a decent education that your staff can sell, because right now, you're pretty much the McDonalds of "higher education."

Hello from Post University,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us regarding your Post experience. Our culture thrives on “Making it Personal” for our associates and students, and the best... More

"Post University Makes Me Proud"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love my job because no day is ever the same. Each day I am presented with new challenges and situations which really helps me to stay focused and interested. The people and organizational culture are outstanding and the growth opportunities to learn and make a positive impact in the lives of others happen on a daily basis. I also enjoy being able to be creative and innovative in my job when working to find solutions to difficult problems. I feel the work I do every day makes a difference to the people we serve while also ensuring that they will have a degree that will help them succeed at their career. I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important at the end of the say. I know that the University acts with high morals and integrity and cares about each student as a person. I am proud of the program and curriculum which I have helped to build and know that my coworkers are passionate about what they do.

Cons

We are growing fast and could use more space.

8. "Good People"

I have been working at Post University part-time

Pros

I feel very valued, administration is communicative, decision-making is rational, easy to find support and answers.

Cons

Few opportunities for advancement to full-time employment.

Advice to Management

Offer more full-time faculty positions instead of hiring so many part-time associates.

Aug 22, 2017 – Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Glassdoor.com. All reviews are read and shared with Post’s Leadership Team.

It is wonderful to hear you are feeling valued as a Post Associate... More

"Dont believe the reviews!"

Former Employee - Assistant Director in Waterbury, CT
    Former Employee - Assistant Director in Waterbury, CT

I worked at Post University (More than 5 years)

Pros

No pros to add at this time.

Cons

As a former manager, I have sat in countless HR meetings where the VP and CEO told us to have our staff write positive reviews on this site. Plenty of times, we were told to do it during company time. They are desperate to fluff up their terrible portrayal in the education market as a school and an employer. If your looking for work or an education, your better off going elsewhere. Don't let the fake positive reviews fool you. This place looks bad on a resume for work and a degree.

Oct 3, 2017 – Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts here. All reviews from Glassdoor.com are shared with Post’s leadership.

While your comment regarding us asking associates to share their experience working... More

"Don't waste your time here."

Current Employee - Faculty Associate in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Faculty Associate in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Beautiful campus in New England.

Cons

Management constantly changes expectations.
    Students are not prepared to take classes but Post takes thier tuition dollars anyway.
    When applying for other teaching jobs other colleges do not take the experience at Post seriously.

Aug 28, 2017 – Marketing

Thank you for your comments regarding Post University. We share each and every review with Post’s Leadership Team, as we are an organization which thrives on constant improvement.

Our vision to... More