Post University Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good people and they are generous with time" (in 6 reviews)

• "Challenging but Friendly, collaborative, fun work environment" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Besides enrolling people that have little to no chance of graduating, you annoy the crap out of people by calling them multiple times a day" (in 4 reviews)

• "Low pay and refused to give raise when promoted" (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I've never met so many dedicated professionals who care about their students!"

I have been working at Post University full-time

Pros

Each day I am enlightened by the group of knowledgeable and deeply caring people who support our students, allowing every one of them to find their greatness!!!!

Cons

So many great things going on all the time; you really have to stay focused.

Advice to Management

Treat every student like the most important customer.

Oct 3, 2017 – Marketing

Hello, from Post University! Many thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts here.

We are simply thrilled with your observations. As you know, Post University strives to “change lives... More

2. "Good place to work"

I worked at Post University full-time

Pros

Learned a lot. Worked with good people.

Cons

Salary is a little below standard.

"Program manager"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people to work with

Cons

Emphasis is on the bottom line, not the student

Advice to Management

Consider the best interest of the student first

"Admissions counselor"

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

• The people, Admissions are some of the hardest working people, willing to log in/text/email with students all hours of the day and weekend, on days off and holidays, on and off the clock.
    • Benefits are decent, healthcare is good but a bit expensive. 401K (would appreciate a better match though)
    • PTO
    • Flexibility of your schedule
    • Attempting to move in the right direction

Cons

• High volume call center.
    • Only concerned with the bottom line, not the student.
    • Sales mentality, given daily, weekly and monthly goals for applications and approvals. Under pressure to hit a 10 student per module goal.
    • PTO, even if you take a week or two off your goal does not change, having a week off is not an excuse for falling short on 10 students.
    • Constantly increasing the work load, work has doubled if not triple since starting and no sign of increase in pay or benefits.
    • New hires earn more than staff who has been loyal and committed to Post for years.
    • Lack of mobility. Too much security for management, Admissions is a revolving door due to performance but once you are in management you are safe.
    • Strong culture of nepotism in management.

Advice to Management

Value the employees you have, they work harder than you know and deserve better. To be constantly told you are appreciated is great, but after a time it is just words. Having “record breaking” enrollments that are profitable and not putting it back into the people who work so hard to get there.

Look into the culture of management, it comes from the top.

Increase benefits or increase pay. It’s more than deserved.

"Be Wary"

I have been working at Post University full-time

Pros

-Great Tuition Benefits program for those seeking a Bachelor's or Master's Degree
    -Excellent PTO and sick time policy
    -flexible schedule

Cons

-vast micromanagement
    -low pay with no raises
    -at the end of the day its a numbers game

Apr 2, 2018 – Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your Post Experience thus far. We love to hear from current associates, especially when there is an opportunity to address concerns... More

"It was good for awhile"

I have been working at Post University part-time

Pros

I love trying to make a difference in students' lives. Management is immediately responsive if you have any practical issues (online instruction).

Cons

low pay with no raise in 5 years with increasing demands

Advice to Management

invest more in your very qualified teaching staff or you will have trouble drawing effective instructors

""apply to another college and get your experience elsewhere if you can""

Current Employee - ADP Admissions Counselor
    Current Employee - ADP Admissions Counselor

I have been working at Post University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is good for an entry level position.

Cons

I would maybe recommend a friend to work for Post University, but NOT to work for the admissions department. I've worked for over a year as an ADP Admissions Counselor and it really does suck. The pressure of hitting goal every time is ridiculous, they fire people very often, and even worse you won't even see it coming. They let you work half your shift and then fire you and won't let you go back to your desk to retrieve your belongings. It's really hard to do well here, if you aren't best friends with management OR if you just aren't good at sales. Training is not effective, and the team that you get put on can either make or break the job for you. The interview and job description is all misleading; you are expected to call over 100 people a day, it's mainly all cold calling, and it's extremely boring.

Advice to Management

It's important to let future employees what they're getting into especially within the Admissions department, because it most certainly is a sales position! Spend more time training your employees instead of letting a ton of people go all at once and then replacing them in such a short amount of time! It makes everyone else feel like there's no job security.

Feb 26, 2018 – Marketing

Thank you for sharing thoughts regarding your Post experience. As a current employee, we are most interested in beginning a dialogue with you to make your time with us exceptional.

Associates... More

"High pressure salesman, er, Admissions Counselor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

I worked at Post University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None. Possibly the most unprofessional place I’ve ever seen.

Cons

Shady recruitment practices. High pressure sales. If students go unresponsive you’re pressured to track them down like a bill collector, but worse. Admission Counselors routinely text bomb from alternate numbers or even stalk students and their family to pressure them to participate. If a student posts in the class once they count toward an AC’s goals. If you fall below 10 students per Mod you are on the firing block. So Admissions Counselors are under intense pressure to make their students participate at least once. Admissions Counselors who do recruite more than 10 students are rewarded with under the table time off. The ethics line is constantly blurred. The coworkers are some petty and disrespectful people. A disgruntled employee once smeared feces all over the ladies bathroom. Coworkers have broken out in ghetto shouting matches in front of me over students.

Advice to Management

I think it’s time for another major overhaul with management. New boss same as the old boss.

Feb 26, 2018 – Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to share thoughts on your Post experience. We value all reviews, and yours has been shared with Post’s upper management team.

We are always regretful when an... More

9. "Good place to start out, not a life-long career"

Former Employee - Residence Hall Director in Waterbury, CT
    Former Employee - Residence Hall Director in Waterbury, CT

I worked at Post University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent fringe benefits; cell phone/laundry stipend, no rent/utilities, lots of opportunities for growth and development

Cons

Poor work/life balance, comparatively low salary, upper management too concerned with bottom line

Advice to Management

Find a way to increase work/life balance and remember you are a university, students should always come first.

Nov 28, 2017 – Marketing

Many thanks for taking the time to submit a Glassdoor.com review.

Of course, we are always happy to hear what former associates have enjoyed about their Post Experience, and are glad to learn... More

10. "Financial aid Advisor"

Current Employee - Financial Aid Advisor
    Current Employee - Financial Aid Advisor

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people within my department are awesome. They are what make the job!

Cons

There is no upward growth, which is unfortunate.

Nov 28, 2017 – Marketing

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to post a review here. The associates at Post University remain our greatest asset, and we love to hear when people are enjoying the culture of caring we’ve... More