Post University Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

Pros
  • Team environment, lots of training and great management (in 4 reviews)

• The work environment is overall very fun (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Many students are enrolled who have little to no chance of earning a college degree (in 3 reviews)

• Extremely low pay for the insanely high volume of work (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Admissions adp"

I have been working at Post University full-time

Pros

Great team environment. Changing student lives every single day through education.

Cons

For me it is a long commute to Middlebury.

Advice to Management

Keep having fun and motivating the staff. It's great to really want to come to work and feel challenged and appreciated!!

2. "DO NOT WORK HERE!"

Pros

The pay here is very good

Cons

The management is immature, very unprofessional, they fire you if they do not like you

Advice to Management

Hire better Assistant Directors with credentials to manage

3. "Terrible"

Pros

There was nothing good about this position.

Cons

Terrible Marketing Department. Design management and direction were one of the worst!

Advice to Management

Outsource the marketing team!

5. "Busy"

I worked at Post University full-time

Pros

I loved my job and what I did.

Cons

Low pay and refused to give raise when promoted. Admissions would bring in everyone they could who was not qualified.

Advice to Management

Happy employees make productive employees. Give raises when you specify you are going too.

"A Long Review, but Worth the Read"

Former Employee - OEI Admissions Counselor in Middlebury, CT
    Former Employee - OEI Admissions Counselor in Middlebury, CT

I worked at Post University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Good pay for an entry-level job
    - Great benefits for an entry-level job
    - Wonderful, hardworking co-workers
    - Competitive environment (can be fun)
    - I enjoyed my Human Resources class

Cons

- Immature, unprofessional management
    - Stressful like you can't imagine
    - Employee retention rate is unbelievably low, through firing and quitting
    - Online Admissions Counseling involves working mostly with students in their 40's-60's. It can be highly rewarding, but it is mostly difficult, sad and frustrating.
    - Your performance is entirely based on your sales (# of students you enroll each two-month module). If you do not hit the unrealistic goal, you may be at risk of losing your job. You are expected to say anything to the student in order to get them to enroll.
    - Primarily a call center job. Expected to make at least 85-100 calls each day, on top of emailing and harassing the same students over and over again.
    - Expected to work extra and work after the day has ended

Advice to Management

Let me start by saying that the job itself is not a bad occupation by any means. If you are successful at convincing 40-60-year-old adults to take out $70,000 in student loans, more power to you. Post University is a decent school and I quite enjoyed the online class that I took there. My professor was especially knowledgeable and kind. But there are still many issues with the OEI Admissions department.
    The biggest issue is the management itself. The OEI Admissions management was seemingly picked straight out of a scene in “Mean Girls”. Except these mean girls are all in their thirties and have no excuse to act the way they do.
    I would like to give you two main examples (of many) that express just how unprofessional my assistant director acted while I worked at Post. To clarify, the online admissions department is split up into teams and there is one assistant director on each as the team’s direct boss.
    1) One of my co-workers hadn’t been doing well in sales and was on the edge of being fired. One Monday, I heard my assistant director whispering to one of my co-workers about someone on our team. Then I heard her whisper the same thing to two of my co-workers. The next thing I knew, a friend of mine on our team was telling me that the co-worker who wasn’t doing well was being fired on that Friday. Well, it was true- he was gone by Friday afternoon. My co-worker may have deserved to be let go, but the bottom line is this: everyone on the team, excluding himself and his close friends, knew that he was getting fired a week before it even happened because our assistant director decided it was okay to gossip about. Horridly unprofessional.
    2) I’m not going to lie- I struggled in this job. I couldn’t cross the unethical line to make sure a student enrolled even though I knew they weren’t fully prepared to take an education or student loans on. But when I was struggling and afraid that I would lose my job, I constantly consulted my assistant director to better myself as an employee and better my numbers. One afternoon, I had my mouth full of food and my assistant director expected me to take a call. I told her I was in the middle of eating and that I was sorry I couldn’t take the call (even though I was on my scheduled lunch break). I heard later from another co-worker that my AD (assistant director) went over to another AD and blatantly complained about me refusing the call. Mind you, it was also in front of other admissions counselors. She laughed and said: “Hello, action plan!” To be clear, an action plan is something you are put on when you are not doing well. It was great to know that my boss, who I was supposed to be looking up to and asking for help, was actually talking about me behind my back.
    Those are only a couple of examples of the unprofessionalism that occurs in the Online Admissions Department. Are all AD’s like that? I honestly don’t know. But most of them are similar. When I quit, I told Human Resources about these examples and to my knowledge, my AD still works in a position of power.
    Post University, you need to work on your OEI Admissions Department. Remove the current AD’s and higher-ups. Replace them with qualified, professional individuals. Listen to complaints and act on them. If you do not make a serious change, you will constantly lose people and eventually die out as a for-profit university.
    Readers, if you’re still with me, take this advice seriously. My memories of this place haunt me to this day. On paper, this job looks incredible. And the benefits truly are. But that, and my co-workers, were quite literally the only good parts about working at Post University in the OEI Admissions Department. Keep in mind that I waited this long to write a review because I was so upset after I quit, and this is still how I feel. I do NOT recommend this job to anyone. I sincerely hope they shape things up, but I don’t see that happening any time soon.

Post University Response

Feb 17, 2017 – Chief Associate Experience Officer

Thank you for the sharing these detailed thoughts with Post University management. Please know they are being read, reviewed, and discussed. The opinions of our associates (employees), past and ... More

"Horrible"

I worked at Post University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Many full time faculty are very smart and have a lot to offer.

Cons

The Deans are laughable. Directors do not have terminal degrees. Post boasts that faculty are scholar practitioners....but many of the graduate program managers are overseeing concentrations who barely have any actual practitioner experience. It is important to have graduate professors who are qualified to teach and oversee their department. They should be screened more closely.

Advice to Management

Listen to your faculty. They are a wealth of knowledge and those that voice their opinion are banished (if the opinion differs). Keep in mind that those that voice their ideas actually care about the university, they are not just saying yes to keep their jobs.

"OEI Admissions Counselor"

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Waterbury, CT
    Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Waterbury, CT

I worked at Post University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, more professional then waiting tables. Overall advice: STAY AWAY.

I worked as a telemarketer, I mean, admission counselor and I had to hound the same people everyday about getting an online education.

Cons

Telemarking call-center, Favoritism, high turnover and big egos.

I worked at Post for less then a year. In that time they had at least 5 rounds of "new hires" start after me. They also made it a habit to fire one person every week. The work environment was very "cat-y" and certain team leads and reps formed alliances to protect their positions. Also, they made it a habit not to be up front about a lot of details about the position and the company.

Advice to Management

Tell people the truth about what they are getting into

9. "Supportive environment"

Current Employee - Admissions Staff in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Admissions Staff in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As a somewhat new staff member, I was impressed with the environment and the people I met. Everyone seemed to be centered on the "mission" of providing service both to me as a new hire and to the students. In my area, we received some detailed training and tools to help get oriented and feel comfortable with what I was supposed to do. My team mates were also supportive, helping me learn more quickly. I felt comfortable early on.

Cons

Lots of work. This is not a slow paced place; fun but fast. Not a typical "university" environment.

"Financial Aid"

Former Employee - Financial Aid Administrator in Waterbury, CT
    Former Employee - Financial Aid Administrator in Waterbury, CT

I worked at Post University (More than a year)

Pros

There aren't many pros to working here. The job itself is interesting and the benefits are comparable to other full-time jobs; nothing over the top.

Cons

The university is an awful place to work. Management in not competent and human resources does nothing to handle any issues that arise during employment. The university does not care about its employees and has a poor company culture. The job itself was great, but this was by far the worst organization I have ever worked for.

"An Absolute Satan!"

Former Employee - Assistant Director in Waterbury, CT
    Former Employee - Assistant Director in Waterbury, CT

I worked at Post University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good health benefits, and paid-time off.

Cons

Post is a For-Profit institution and lives up to the stigma. Executive management are buffoons. The pay is laughable. They promise raises constantly but never follow through. They didn't turn a profit in 2015 and are scrambling to save the school. No job security. Outdated systems and procedures. Poor resources for employees to do their jobs well.

Advice to Management

Treat employees better. Change the business model, For-Profit schools are falling by the wayside and Post is on that current track.