Post University Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Challenging but Friendly, collaborative, fun work environment (in 5 reviews)

• Good people, stepping stone into work in higher ed, some growth opportunities, solid/stable company (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Besides enrolling people that have little to no chance of graduating, you annoy the crap out of people by calling them multiple times a day (in 4 reviews)

• Extremely low pay for the insanely high volume of work (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"I've never met so many dedicated professionals who care about their students!"

I have been working at Post University full-time

Pros

Each day I am enlightened by the group of knowledgeable and deeply caring people who support our students, allowing every one of them to find their greatness!!!!

Cons

So many great things going on all the time; you really have to stay focused.

Advice to Management

Treat every student like the most important customer.

Oct 3, 2017 – Marketing

Hello, from Post University! Many thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts here.

We are simply thrilled with your observations. As you know, Post University strives to “change lives... More

2. "Still major work to do"

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor
    Former Employee - Admissions Counselor

I worked at Post University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are friendly and fun.

Cons

Favoritism, lack of communication, work harder but no raises.

Advice to Management

Invest in your staff, not just the students.

"A decent job, not a career"

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Waterbury, CT
    Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Waterbury, CT

I worked at Post University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic laid back environment. Decent pay. Great office culture.

Cons

Absolutely ridiculous sales practices (except that you're not allowed to call it "sales" by law, in the education industry), and goals that are just plain not attainable. Take it if you're okay squeezing it all out for a couple years.

Advice to Management

Actually give your students a decent education that your staff can sell, because right now, you're pretty much the McDonalds of "higher education."

Hello from Post University,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us regarding your Post experience. Our culture thrives on “Making it Personal” for our associates and students, and the best... More

"Dont believe the reviews!"

Former Employee - Assistant Director in Waterbury, CT
    Former Employee - Assistant Director in Waterbury, CT

I worked at Post University (More than 5 years)

Pros

No pros to add at this time.

Cons

As a former manager, I have sat in countless HR meetings where the VP and CEO told us to have our staff write positive reviews on this site. Plenty of times, we were told to do it during company time. They are desperate to fluff up their terrible portrayal in the education market as a school and an employer. If your looking for work or an education, your better off going elsewhere. Don't let the fake positive reviews fool you. This place looks bad on a resume for work and a degree.

Oct 3, 2017 – Marketing

Thank you for sharing your thoughts here. All reviews from Glassdoor.com are shared with Post’s leadership.

While your comment regarding us asking associates to share their experience working... More

"Post University Makes Me Proud"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love my job because no day is ever the same. Each day I am presented with new challenges and situations which really helps me to stay focused and interested. The people and organizational culture are outstanding and the growth opportunities to learn and make a positive impact in the lives of others happen on a daily basis. I also enjoy being able to be creative and innovative in my job when working to find solutions to difficult problems. I feel the work I do every day makes a difference to the people we serve while also ensuring that they will have a degree that will help them succeed at their career. I know when I go home that I truly did something meaningful and important at the end of the say. I know that the University acts with high morals and integrity and cares about each student as a person. I am proud of the program and curriculum which I have helped to build and know that my coworkers are passionate about what they do.

Cons

We are growing fast and could use more space.

"Don't waste your time here."

Current Employee - Faculty Associate in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Faculty Associate in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Beautiful campus in New England.

Cons

Management constantly changes expectations.
    Students are not prepared to take classes but Post takes thier tuition dollars anyway.
    When applying for other teaching jobs other colleges do not take the experience at Post seriously.

Aug 28, 2017 – Marketing

Thank you for your comments regarding Post University. We share each and every review with Post’s Leadership Team, as we are an organization which thrives on constant improvement.

Our vision to... More

7. "Good People"

I have been working at Post University part-time

Pros

I feel very valued, administration is communicative, decision-making is rational, easy to find support and answers.

Cons

Few opportunities for advancement to full-time employment.

Advice to Management

Offer more full-time faculty positions instead of hiring so many part-time associates.

Aug 22, 2017 – Marketing

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Glassdoor.com. All reviews are read and shared with Post’s Leadership Team.

It is wonderful to hear you are feeling valued as a Post Associate... More

"Undergrad Admissions Counselor"

I worked at Post University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are very nice, good pay if you have a Bachelors degree.

Cons

The undergrad admissions department is very unprofessional, from the moment you begin "training" to working on the team the "trainer" deems you appropriate for. The assistant directors, who are basically team managers, show favoritism to certain people and treat others unfairly if for some reason they do not like you. Feeling scared for your job due to being able to sell a degree program or not is a daily occurqnce for many admissions counselors. The managers claim they are helping you to be better sales people but they only truly help those they are friends with. This is a sales job and if you think you are actually counseling people on earning a degree, do not work here. Sales is at the core of this job and if you cannot make sales goals by getting people who can't afford college to attend even for one module then this is not a position you will enjoy. Turn over is high. Unprofessionalism is very high.

Advice to Management

Overhaul the management team, seek out people who are educated in professionalism and leadership without favoritism. The CEO needs to be aware of this situation.

Jul 17, 2017 – Marketing

Thank you for posting your review to our Glassdoor page. As an organization which thrives on constant improvement, we are grateful for the chance to read and react to the comments of our former... More

9. "Academic Program Manager"

Current Employee - Academic Program Manager in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Academic Program Manager in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great people work here and they take really good care of each other.

Cons

Post is a rapidly evolving organization and so it's sometimes hard to keep solid footing.

"Don't work here"

I worked at Post University full-time

Pros

It's a social environment.

Cons

It's a social environment with high stress and unethical practices. I worked here for quite a while. Always waiting for that promotion that was promised me. Yes, it's a sales job, but you get to work with catty women as bosses. All about gossip. Who's getting fired next. The turnover while I was there was unbelievable. Thank God I left when I did because there's now a FBI Investigation on Post University and their practices. Numerous people have been fired, including the woman who CREATED the OEI department at Post. Don't work here. This is coming from someone who was actually successful and didn't get fired. I left on my own accord. Get out while you can.

Advice to Management

You might want to stop the 'mean girls' persona your AD's put off. It's insanity. You also might want to try and not enroll students who shouldn't be going to college in the first place. This will probably be the next for-profit University to be shut down and I won't be surprised.

Jun 7, 2017 – Marketing

Thank you for providing input regarding your experience at Post University.

We must very clearly state that your comment regarding Post being under investigation by the FBI is 100% false. This... More