Post University Reviews in Waterbury, CT | Glassdoor

Waterbury, CT

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

Pros
  • Awesome co-workers, friendly work environment, supportive management (in 5 reviews)

• Good people and they are generous with time (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Besides enrolling people that have little to no chance of graduating, you annoy the crap out of people by calling them multiple times a day (in 4 reviews)

• Extremely low pay for the insanely high volume of work (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"BEST PLACE TO WORK !!!!"

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At Post University, you're not just an "employee" you become part of a family.Yes, we do have new employees starting every two weeks because we are growing. Students everywhere are realizing that Post University is dedicated to putting their students first. I was a student at Post before I became an employee. The amount of support, encouragement, dedication and the positive attitude each employee had is what made me apply at Post University. Working here has made me realize you can have it all - I work full time, go to school full time and have three kids. I have never felt more supported academically as well as within my career, than I do now. Thank you Post for being the rock star that you are!

Cons

There are no cons about Post University.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! I have the most AMAZING Assistant Director and wouldn't change her for the world!

2. "Great Place to Work - ADP Admissions"

Current Employee - ADP Admissions Counselor in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - ADP Admissions Counselor in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Pay, Great Work Environment, Lots of Opportunities for Growth

Cons

Shuttle Parking for Newer employees

3. "Supportive environment"

Current Employee - Admissions Staff in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Admissions Staff in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As a somewhat new staff member, I was impressed with the environment and the people I met. Everyone seemed to be centered on the "mission" of providing service both to me as a new hire and to the students. In my area, we received some detailed training and tools to help get oriented and feel comfortable with what I was supposed to do. My team mates were also supportive, helping me learn more quickly. I felt comfortable early on.

Cons

Lots of work. This is not a slow paced place; fun but fast. Not a typical "university" environment.

"OEI Admissions Counselor"

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Waterbury, CT

I worked at Post University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, more professional then waiting tables. Overall advice: STAY AWAY.

I worked as a telemarketer, I mean, admission counselor and I had to hound the same people everyday about getting an online education.

Cons

Telemarking call-center, Favoritism, high turnover and big egos.

I worked at Post for less then a year. In that time they had at least 5 rounds of "new hires" start after me. They also made it a habit to fire one person every week. The work environment was very "cat-y" and certain team leads and reps formed alliances to protect their positions. Also, they made it a habit not to be up front about a lot of details about the position and the company.

Advice to Management

Tell people the truth about what they are getting into

"Financial Aid"

Former Employee - Financial Aid Administrator in Waterbury, CT
    Former Employee - Financial Aid Administrator in Waterbury, CT

I worked at Post University (More than a year)

Pros

There aren't many pros to working here. The job itself is interesting and the benefits are comparable to other full-time jobs; nothing over the top.

Cons

The university is an awful place to work. Management in not competent and human resources does nothing to handle any issues that arise during employment. The university does not care about its employees and has a poor company culture. The job itself was great, but this was by far the worst organization I have ever worked for.

"An Absolute Satan!"

Former Employee - Assistant Director in Waterbury, CT
    Former Employee - Assistant Director in Waterbury, CT

I worked at Post University full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good health benefits, and paid-time off.

Cons

Post is a For-Profit institution and lives up to the stigma. Executive management are buffoons. The pay is laughable. They promise raises constantly but never follow through. They didn't turn a profit in 2015 and are scrambling to save the school. No job security. Outdated systems and procedures. Poor resources for employees to do their jobs well.

Advice to Management

Treat employees better. Change the business model, For-Profit schools are falling by the wayside and Post is on that current track.

7. "Opportunity and Experience"

Former Employee - Resident Assistant in Waterbury, CT
    Former Employee - Resident Assistant in Waterbury, CT

I worked at Post University part-time (More than a year)

Pros

If your looking for a place where you can get experience and a wide range of opportunity, Post should be on your list. At Post being a student and part time employee made for a ver enriching experience that went beyond what I would have anticipated before starting at Post.

Cons

With new leadership and a change in climate and culture really shifted where the vision was headed with my time at Post. When I had left the campus new CEO was in charge with an entire new hire for the department I was working in. Things have taken a huge turn for the better.

"Post University - The Hidden Jem"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very supportive of students and their needs; home to very satisfied students and alumni.
    An open and transparent culture of 'can-do' dedicated faculty and staff.
    Flat management organization; poised for continued growth.

Cons

The small family-type campus appeals to many students, yet it could be a drawback to many others.
    Labeled as a 'for-profit' institution (which one is for-loss?!), may heart Post competitively, regardless of the fact that quality-wise Post is as good or better than any comparable size institution ('for-profit' or 'not-for-profit')

Advice to Management

Brand Post University as an example of well-managed, profitable and growing academic institution.
    Highlight our emphasis on caring about and supporting our students over anything else.
    Continue to improve our student-centered processes.
    Invest more in alumni relationship and partnerships on educational goals.

"Adjunct instructor"

Current Employee - Online Teacher in Waterbury, CT
    Current Employee - Online Teacher in Waterbury, CT

I have been working at Post University part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for!

Cons

I do not have any!

"Admissions Counselor"

Former Employee - Admissions Counselor in Waterbury, CT

I worked at Post University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Self managing, create your own schedule, benefits, good pay, some people who work there are very nice, office/cubicle type work, semi-relaxed environment (because you mostly work alone)

Cons

Need to be willing to say anything to prospective students, feels like you are taking advantage of people who don't know whats going on, turnover rate is extremely high, receiving calls from individuals who have been on the phone being passed around that have just been looking for a job

Advice to Management

Stop calling very old leads, better training, stop letting management or team leads hang out with their employees because it creates an uncomfortable work environment where there are clearly picked favorites