Postal Express Reviews | Glassdoor

Steve Bergan

1. "Very Stress Free"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Portland, OR

I have been working at Postal Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere. Management and other drivers are great to work with. Most of the drivers are team oriented, and will help you out if needed.

Cons

Sometimes you will get additional runs on short notice. This makes it hard to keep prior commitments. Training could be a little more in depth. Some drivers will get just a day of training, while others get a couple days.

Advice to Management

Communication (in regards to time off) to the drivers could be a lot better. Sometimes you find out that a day you requested off didn't get approved until the day before. In One instance, it took another driver to say he was covering my shift the next day, and I didn't even know that it was approved.

2. "Not rewarding enough"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Postal Express full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It will definitely challenge you. There are usually opportunities for lateral movement, if you get bored in your position. When management is in a good mood, they are a lot of fun.

Cons

Fairly classist. Very limited room for upward movement. Yearly reviews and wage increases are non-existent. There is little to no guidance, and if you are doing well, you will feel invisible. If you are not doing well, management does not know how to help you improve constructively.

Advice to Management

Get some structure laid down and treat your loyal employees like you actually want to keep them.

3. "Liars"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Kent, WA
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Kent, WA

I worked at Postal Express full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are no "pros" the company's infrastructure needs a total revamp. They're trying to run a multi-million dollar business out of a oversized garage

Cons

Liars, no integrity, selfish, back bitters, unreachable, no training, no communication

Advice to Management

You will reap what you sow

"Very Disappointing"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Postal Express full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed no stress atmosphere. Everyone's easy to work with, Most of the drivers are team oriented, and will help you out if needed. "Nice group of co-workers. Lower end management tries to do what they can, but they are screwed too"

Cons

Barely above minimum wage, One benefit a paycheck, No raises, No stability, No room for advancement, embarrassingly bad fleet. The company basically hires anyone, they have no benefits, There is absolutely no room for advancement or a raise and no reward for hard work. There is such a high turnover rate and absolutely NO stability. And most importantly corporate does not care. My co-workers are good people They treat everyone like a pay-by-day worker that they couldn't care less if you were replaced. They don't fix raggedy vans, they don't care about the condition of equipment, and the warehouse and offices are filthy. The greed at the top is going to bring this company down. Do NOT work here.
    I couldn't have said it any better

Advice to Management

Treat people like you would like to be treated, would go along way

6. "Very poor company to work for. Corporate cares NOTHING for employees"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Portland, OR

I worked at Postal Express full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice group of co-workers. Lower end management tries to do what they can, but they are screwed too.

Cons

Barely above minimum wage, No benefits, No raises, No stability, No room for advancement, embarrassingly bad fleet. I am a current employee of Postal Express while I look for a better job. The company basically hires anyone, they have no benefits, and the location where i'm employed only pays $9.75/hr. There is absolutely no room for advancement or a raise and no reward for hard work. For a company this large (3 states, multiple hubs) there is no reason they shouldn't have any type of medical/dental insurance. There is such a high turnover rate and absolutely NO stability. And most importantly corporate DOES NOT CARE. My co-workers are good people but don't get too attached because they won't be there long. They treat everyone like a pay-by-day worker that they couldn't care less if you were replaced. They don't fix raggedy vans, they don't care about the condition of equipment, and the warehouse and offices are filthy. The greed at the top is going to bring this company down. Do NOT work here.

Advice to Management

Management on the lower end does what they can but the company as a whole is totally screwed up. Take care of the employees, at least give them a chance to get a raise or some type of medical coverage.

7. "Great small company"

I have been working at Postal Express full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Independent work without a boss over my shoulder all day, options for overtime or extra pay anytime I need it, managers are fun and generally helpful where they can be.

Cons

The customers can get picky about things at random.

Advice to Management

Fight your customers for better pay for the staff

8. "Disorganized"

I worked at Postal Express full-time

Pros

They will hire almost anyone. Plenty of chance for overtime.

Cons

Chaotic and disorganized work environment. Not much in the way of training or support for workers. Low pay for really hard work.

Advice to Management

Look at the amount how frequently people quit there job and ask why? Try paying worker better, have better training and treat employee with respect and they might stick around longer.

9. "Discrimination"

I worked at Postal Express full-time

Pros

Don't have any pros.

Cons

Was fired from the job because I was under a doctor's care, which I told them about. Didn't even have the guts to talk to me. Had to take a picture of my persceiption bottle and send it to the managers phone. Manager lied and I don't know whose phone I sent it to or how many saw my personal business. Was made to feel uncomfortable and ashamed.Worst discrimination ever.

Advice to Management

Talk to the person before you discriminate against them.

10. "Employee"

Former Employee - Employee
    Former Employee - Employee

I worked at Postal Express part-time

Pros

Easy flexible schedule nice people

Cons

Low pay no benefits no appreciation

11. "Accounts Assistant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

very good work life balance

Cons

poor decision making,low salaries,lack of opportunities for he young to make changes,rigid management

Advice to Management

they should be open to new ideas and improve the salaries