Cover image for PostcardMania

PostcardMania

Engaged Employer

PostcardMania

Add a Review

PostcardMania Employee Reviews about "no office politics"

Updated Oct 22, 2020

Join the conversation on

Advertising

135.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=PostcardMania~742135
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about PostcardMania? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with PostcardMania employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of PostcardMania and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "no office politics"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Terrible art department

Jul 16, 2014 - Designer in Clearwater, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can wear headphones all day and no dress code

Cons

The amount of people in the art department that actually stay longer than a few months is rare. The goal is to quit before you get fired because of office politics. Fortunately for me, I escaped this sweatshop type of job in time.

10 people found this review helpful

VP HR

This review was written 6 years ago. Im not sure how things were back then, but I can say we have a very stable and flourishing art department. The company has an overall retention rate, higher than the Florida average, US average and Industry average. We also just won Top 100 Workplace Award for the 8th year in a row. We are always up for ways to improve and we send out all staff surveys at least 4 times a year to get feedback and make changed. Im sorry you were unhappy when you worked here. I wish you all the best

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

The downside to Growth

Mar 27, 2019 - Inside Sales in Clearwater, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can really tell the intentions of CEO are in the correct place, she cares about her Team and community as a whole. Good Health Insurance Options. Everyone is well intentioned overall but I left because I felt underpaid, hog tied to my desk, and unappreciated.

Cons

They tout a “no office politics” policy and while I think this may have worked for this business when I was smaller, I think that it’s grown to the point where it’s naive to believe that still is working by design. There are obvious politics there, which is fine and part of life, but pretending like it doesn’t exists creates an uncomfortable culture in which I believe performance and moral are hurt. Lots of Nepotism, several couples employed. Obvious politics. Performance is reflected by use of a formulation of statistics. Fundamentally, requiring people to hit certain stats other than fiscal, to me screams that you have hired the wrong people. If you truly hire great people, it doesn’t matter how many phone calls or emails you send it day. Quality will shine through. Quality people will not stay or succeed in this type of environment, but you probably won’t even realize how great they were because you had them doing such reductive tasks.

3 people found this review helpful

VP HR

Hello and thank you for giving us your feedback. We are always working to improve the company by doing internal surveys at least three times a year to hear what our employees have to say - and then actually changing things as a result. The reason we use statistics is so that production can be measured and no one is judged based on an opinion of a manager or co worker. The statistic measures the result of your work. We use that as our basis of giving raises and promotions as apposed to personal opinions. It has nothing to do with the type of people we are hiring. My opinion, is we have some pretty incredible people here. You mentioned that you experienced office politics and I wish I had known what happened so that I could address it when it happened. I will add that to our next survey and see if i can gather more info on that and take action. There is 1 VP that wears flannel shirts - you are right about that. I showed her your review right away so that she can address that point. We did have our best year in revenue last year and we are doing it again. We appreciate our sales staff dearly because it is them that brings in that revenue. And we hope that they feel it. I wish you all the best in your future career.

3. Join the PostcardMania team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Scientologist Factory loomed with office politics

Feb 12, 2015 - Graphic Design/Production in Clearwater, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

No dress code , could listen to music

Cons

-An extremely heavy load of training course work loomed with Ron Hubbards / Scientologist teachings / philosophies. Which is ironic that they have you sign a contract about religion in the workplace. -Office politics, there is no secret that every person in a manager or Vp position is a scientologist and/or romantically linked to each other. -Lack of diversity. Many of workers there are Clearwater locals who've never left Florida, chain smokers, middle aged Caucasian and don't have higher degrees. -I was asked to do a personal project for the CEOs ' friend' which was a Scientology flyer. I didn't feel comfortable so the job was taken away from me the next day. Less then a week later I was fired for not having ' the proper skillset ' and not ' fitting in' . Laughable at best given my experience and two design and communication related degrees. -very cliquey - slim room for advancement - lastly, I was told I would be receiving $15 an hour but they only gave me $13 once o started until I finished the Ron Hubbard courses. So they can tell you they offer other classes which they do however they enforce that you take the Hubbard classes so you can get your raise.

15 people found this review helpful

VP HR

Hello. Your review was written 5 years ago, I wanted to update the response: The introductory training consists of approximately 3 hours per week of paid time. The introductory courses are: 1)Our CEO’s book about the basics of marketing - The Ultimate Postcard Marketing Success Manual and then 2) Breaking the Code - a course about efficiency, organization, job success, etc. Our management team is made up of 40+ individuals with various personal religious beliefs including Scientologists, Christians, other faiths. I don't know their religions because we don't care to know or ask, but i think there are about 7 or so that are. There is one married couple out of the team of 40+ managers and they have both been with the company for over 15 years. Our managers are stand out employees who, through hard work, proved that they were great individuals, and were promoted. We employ over 270 hard-working, unique individuals from all different backgrounds. We have an incredible staff, without whom we wouldn't have seen the success and expansion that we have so far. We are not concerned with where people are from when we hire them. All of our positions are in-house so they do need to live locally. I have no idea about the personal project you are referring to, that made you feel uncomfortable about doing it. One thing is that no matter what the project is, if someone is uncomfortable with doing something, we want to accommodate them. No matter what the project. We would never fire someone for not wanting to do a project. I was not here, so I'm not sure what happened, but I can assure you, that would never happen. We rarely fire people actually. I don't remember the last time i fired someone - maybe 4 months ago. Almost every manager and VP we have was promoted from lower positions based on their hard work. We promote hard-working individuals who help advance our group. Regarding the pay situation, again, I was not here at that time, but most positions have pay scales and tiers that they can move up after certain amount of time successfully holding a job and getting favorable reviews. But all of our positions that we are hiring for, are listed on our website with their starting pay clearly listed. Most staff move up in pay after 90- days and again after a year. Our company works the way it is. We just had our best year yet. And we are growing with the amount of workload that we have. So we are not likely to change the things that are working for us. But we are ALWAYS open to feedback, from anyone in the company. And we very often make changes based on feedback - because you could always improve, no matter what you are doing or how big of a company you are. Wishing you all the best.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee

Smoke and Mirrors of a "Great" Company

Mar 3, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Other than the on-site cafe and a few talented employees...none.

Cons

Unless you are a Scientologist or savvy at playing office politics, this is not the job for you. The turnover rate is extremely high for a reason.

9 people found this review helpful

VP HR

Hello. Your review was written 4 years ago but I wanted to change the response that was written here. I wanted to just mention that our retention rate at this time is higher than the FL average, USA average as well as our industry average. Our turnover is pretty amazing. We have grown by 100 staff in the last year and half, we have had our best year as a company since we started over 20 years ago. We also just won 20th place in Top 100 Workplaces Award for the 8th year in a row. We are non-religious as a company. Its never something that is spoken about or asked about. It is just not something that comes up at all. I know we have a handful of Scientologists maybe about 30 or so, and I only have that number to prove the point that of 270 staff, we believe that everyone has the right to their own religious beliefs. And that plays no part, in the slightest in your job. Your are probably doing great where ever you are at this time. Wishing you all the best.

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 Reviews