Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC "p n" Reviews | Glassdoor

Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC Employee Reviews about "p n"

Updated Jul 10, 2017

3.9
Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC Managing Director and CEO William E. Balhoff (no image)
William E. Balhoff
Pros
  • "For the most part, the other employees are great people and easy to get along with(in 12 reviews)

• "Incredible opportunity for advancement and work-life balance(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "Other opportunities at P&N are limited especially in the Houston office(in 7 reviews)

• "Work is project-based and they are not transparent on when it will end/when layoffs are coming/ what you can expect from them(in 5 reviews)

Reviews about "p n"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Financial Analyst"

I worked at Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible, family oriented, willing to help

Cons

I really don't have any. I loved P&N

Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC2017-07-10
  2. "Financial Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at P&N is great. The people that you work with are the best group of individuals I've met in my working career. This goes to show that HR really does a amazing job at selecting employees who would work here. There has never been an altercation or an HR issue among the employees at the Houston location. The company's culture is very warm and family-oriented. The managers are very accommodating and act as... leaders/mentors instead of a typical boss. I enjoy going to work everyday and feel like I am contributing to the company's overall success. The compensation and benefits are great, you get plenty of PTO/Holidays, company sponsored events happen occasionally and the office is nice.

Cons

As others have said, the Deepwater Horizon project is on it's last leg and few people are worried they are going to be let go but management doesn't really communicate when. I don't blame them as this project has been very elusive in terms of a conclusion. Other opportunities at P&N are limited especially in the Houston office. Billable hours can be high during some months, however they are flexible with you and...pan class="d-none"> also are eligible for overtime pay so that is a plus.pan>

Advice to Management

You have a great group of people at your disposal from the project, utilize them efficiently in the future and P&N will be very successful. Also hire more women in the Houston office. There's not enough of us!

Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC2017-03-21
  3. "Will the real P&N stand up?"

Senior Financial Analyst in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture on the project. Privilege to learn things in a fast setting that continues to change and adapt to implementations. Working with others was easy and communication flowed well.

Cons

My cons are management on the project. The 95% of managers are nothing more than babysitters with too much power and no answers. Seniors get promoted on popularity or in the case of many this past year- you've been here so long so I guess we will promote you. These new seniors do nothing to earn that title as many did in the past. P&N tried to keep the firm and the project separately for so long that now that it is...pan class="d-none"> winding down they are realizing how silly that idea really is. P&N the firm is old, innovatively behind, and refuses to change with the times. There are people on the project who are way more experienced and brighter than those at the firm but nevertheless because of the separation between the two - the project has been looked down upon. The project has taught analysts and accountants how to be better and do their work better. That's an asset that the firm will never be able to depreciate on their balance sheets bc by the time they understand that the project people are an asset- they would've already had to report the loss of an asset at Year end.pan>

Advice to Management

The managers on the project should have been evaluated better to see if they could be managers. The separation of both the project and the firm may have been helpful in the beginning but plans to merge should've been done earlier. The people at the firm are mostly interns with a few staying on longer to see if they get liked enough to keep getting promoted to stay. Good luck with that btw. As for the project- you... should've realized your talent a long time ago not at the end. But as with your previous billing plunders, you will learn from this?

Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC2016-12-10
  4. "Good Experience for new graduates"

I worked at Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The overtime is nice. Sixteen vacation days to start. Good experience. Direct communication with external clients, lawyers, etc. A good opportunity to hone analytical skills.

Cons

This was a project, so I don't know how the culture is different from P&N audit and Tax. The project culture was interesting for an accounting firm. Very much like high school. Promotions seemed to be given based on a popularity.

Advice to Management

I can't really give the managers here too much advice. Most of them were in positions that were beyond their abilities. Because of the nature of the project, some of them made manager with under 2 years experience. Needless to say, they weren't legit managers like say an Audit Manager that only becomes a manager after 5 or 6 years doing Auditing. So to sum it up, the managers did ok for their experience level.

Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC2016-12-04
  5. "Ok place to work for short term"

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible work environment as long as you meet your production goals and weekly hours. Enjoyable place to work day in and day out.

Cons

There aren't that many cons that P&N can control management is open and has a pretty firm grasp on things.

Advice to Management

None

Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC2016-05-07
  6. "Internship Review"

I have been working at Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC

Pros

Working at P&N has been one of the best experiences. The firm does a great job at keeping everyone motivated and encouraged.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything negative to say. I enjoyed the work as well as the people and would recommend this firm to anyone.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Continue to mentor younger staff and let them know when they are doing well.

Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC2016-04-19

"Senior Auditor - New Orleans"

Current Employee - Senior Auditor in New Orleans, LA

Pros

I have always enjoyed working with the staff and most management at P&N. I have been able to foster many great relationships thanks to P&N. If you perform well, they

Cons

the pay is on the low end for the accounting profession, especially when

Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC2015-07-28

"Great company. Challenging work. Constantly changing environment."

I have been working at Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC

Pros

I had no idea what I was getting into when I started here, and I was very surprised. It is an extremely collaborative environment. You can pick up the phone and call anyone in the office to help you with a question and they will typically help or point you to someone that can. I have learned so much about different types of businesses and gained good experience working on a team with other people. If you are smart,... work hard, help other people, and go the extra mile to really understand the way the job works then managers will see that. In my experience the managers are helpful and they want you to succeed, and in turn they expect a lot from the analysts. P&N treats its employees well. The pay and benefits are good. They bring food in frequently and have lunch catered several times throughout the year. The HR department is very accessible and responsive. For the most part, the other employees are great people and easy to get along with.

Cons

This is not a 9-5 job. The minimum required hours change every month and sometimes it is as high as 50 hours per week, but you get paid overtime for it. It is also a project based job so at some point it will be over. There really are no opportunities to move into the other departments of the company.

Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC2015-05-10
  9. "Great Learning Opportunity"

Former Intern - Tax Intern

I worked at Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC for less than a year

Pros

Laid back environment, great coworkers, feels like a smaller firm than it actually is. I was a tax intern and I feel like P&N was a fantastic starting point for my career as an accountant.

Cons

Sometimes it was hard to understand what to do; as an intern they let you mostly learn on your own. Depending on your work ethic this can be either a good or bad thing.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC2014-06-24
  10. "Great experience for new college grads!"

Current Employee - Claims Analyst in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a recent graduate, I have gained great experience in accounting, especially tax, at P&N with a great salary! Everyone is very friendly, and the CEO really cares about P&N's employees.

Cons

I do not have any cons.

Advice to Management

None

Postlethwaite & Netterville, APAC2014-03-10