Postmates Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 13, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Wear and tear on car (even though a lot is tax deductible, it's still hard in the moment) and wasting gas (in 45 reviews)

• customer service job you just can't please some people no matter what you do (in 50 reviews)

"If you could not retain the recent executive who departed then you cannot retain anyone good"

Current Employee - Growth Team in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Growth Team in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Postmates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free food on some weekdays

Cons

CEO and his cabal of sycophants

Advice to Management

More people will follow him and exit over the next few months. Brace for it.

"DON'T LOSE FOCUS!!!"

I worked at Postmates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Free Snacks
    -100% insurance paid
    -Equipment to work efficiently
    -Nice idea to be a part of in today's tech growth
    -SOME nice people to work with in the company

This is all any other start up will give you, so nothing too special.

Cons

Where to even begin with this company. I'm a person that does not like to complain. I like to learn from difficult situations to help me grow, this way we can all keep pushing forward as a team. Unfortunately at Postmates, many people don't see it this way.

-Upper management lack leadership skills. There is no direction on where the company is really headed. If you ask each leader individually how does Postmates compare to the rest of the market, they don't have a clue. I've always said that with this type of idea, it's just a matter of time before Amazon, Google, or Apple take the same market. The idea isn't competitive anymore, but because everyone has their faces too deep in drama, they have lost focus of the end result and how to scale this company. DON'T LOSE FOCUS, OR THE COMPANY WILL SINK WITH YOU.

-Departments are pitted against each other and no one says anything. If one department wants to give feedback to another because something isn't working properly, prepare to be shot down. Your idea doesn't matter if the department lead thinks they are right. There is no working cohesively here anymore, you'll just have to figure it out or get out. Start up companies like Postmates should be about working with each other to find a solution. Instead, everyone comes in with their own idea, which throws off the growth. It's like having all the pieces to the puzzle, but none of them fit. LEARN TO WORK WITH EACH OTHER, LEARN TO ACCEPT/GIVE FEEDBACK, AND 40% OF THE COMPANIES PROBLEMS WILL BE SOLVED!!!

-Going to HR is a joke, as they are not confidential at all. They like to make the problem much bigger!!! HR is supposed to be there almost as a counselor to keep the company working efficiently, and getting along. Instead they make things worse, causing employees to feel uncomfortable around each other. Which takes a HUGE focus on the product itself. The weirdest thing, is that they laugh at it while it's happening. Unfortunately I only know this because the gossip gets around the office. But don't even think about giving them feedback, because your job is on the line. :( FIX THIS PART OF THE COMPANY, AND YOU'LL HAVE 50% OF THE COMPANIES ISSUES.

It honestly would not surprise me if an open letter came out regarding company culture one day. It will be Uber all over again. I'm just happy I've moved on, but I am worried about some great people that are still there.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees!!! They decided to accept an offer at Postmates because they obviously shared the same enthusiasm you did when you started. Keep that momentum going through their journey there, don't leave people with a bad last impressions. Remember that if you had an avid customer turned into employee, this negativity after their departure will convert them into walking detractors. Once they have realized how bad the culture is, they will tell everyone in their circle about the bad experience and give their business to the competition.

I know this will sound cliche, but it has never been so true in my career. TREAT EVERYONE THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED! That piece of advise will go a very long way at Postmates. Print out posters and hang them around the office.

"CUSTOMER SUPPORT REP"

I worked at Postmates full-time

Pros

Free Lunch every single day

Cons

No transparency for the lower level employees.

"Sexism"

Former Employee - Merchant Support
    Former Employee - Merchant Support

I worked at Postmates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The health insurance is free and has a low deductible. The environment is very much a start up company vibe.

Cons

I've never experienced so much blatant sexism and discrimination in a job. Several women went to HR about the sexism and nothing was ever done. Opportunities for growth were only given to men and were never announced to women that they were available. The teams you worked with are great. But management is not.

Advice to Management

My advice is to listen to women and the employee in general. The teams were great, but management was awful and discriminatory towards women, people of color, and disabilities.

Postmates Response

Nov 6, 2017 – Director of Talent

I'm disappointed to find that your experience with us was not ideal. We as a company are completely committed to building an open, inclusive and fair environment. We take all claims of sexism... More

"Gorwing"

I have been working at Postmates full-time

Pros

Postmates is a growing company that has afforded me many opportunities for professional growth. I have learned more in 2 years than one could in 10.

Cons

I feel as though Growth has stopped and the value they put on their employees is deteriorating. Communication and follow through is lacking .

Advice to Management

Provide your exceptional employees with recognition and advancement as well as stop making promises and leaving unanswered questions for your employees

"How many more rounds of funding will this lemon of a company go through? How stupid are these investors?"

I have been working at Postmates full-time

Pros

I got a cool T-shirt.

Cons

They are literally the devil. Ive seen management here firing people with no severance whatsoever, when they busted their hump for them for years. Its doesnt get more evil than that and Postmates management should be absolutely ashamed of this practice since it seems to be the standard way they downsize here. Im embarrassed to say I work for them and like 80% of the employees here, am looking for work elsewhere. Postmates have made a business model by exploiting both their full time and especially their contract delivery employees. Absolutely appalling business practices that actively nickel and dime every last employee. How many more rounds of funding will this lemon of a company go through? How stupid are these investors? We all know the company is a sham and idiot VC's Chad's continue to give additional rounds of money. Jokes on the VC morons that think PostMates is a remotely good investment. I have some beans I would like to sell you idiots.....

Advice to Management

Firing people with no severance when they have given you years of hard work is just evil. We live in the most expensive place in the world and you are going to do that to people? Seriously? Im sorry that you think paying severance might cut into executive travel, the quality of their escorts, or their 3rd vacation home.

"Engineering"

Pros

Free snacks, catered lunches, close to public transit

Cons

Working here can be very stressful. Hard to get promotions here. The environment is stressful extremely toxic. There is not much room for growth because career ladders aren't build out!

Advice to Management

This advice is strictly for the HR team. Operate as a whole, stop treating employees so poorly and think about everyones contributions in the long run instead of ruining relationships.

"Stuck in a growth hack stage"

I have been working at Postmates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours and flexible responsibilities.

Cons

Still not concerned about differentiation. Still in 'build fast and break things mode'

Advice to Management

Focus on core competencies and have clear differentiation.

"Pros and Cons"

I worked at Postmates part-time

Pros

If you are new to the city- youll learn it quickly.

Cons

Parking sucks- obviously, it is san francisco.

"Fleet Community Manager"

I worked at Postmates full-time

Pros

Part of an innovative, rapidly growing company

Cons

No management support, lower-than-average salary, unrealistic expectations, ZERO work/life balance allowed or considered.