KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Pottery Barn President Laura J. Alber
Laura J. Alber

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Pottery Barn and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work for

May 17, 2022 - Assistant Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Healthy work environment and good company values

Cons

Have to work weekends and some holidays. Not enough work from home opportunities with the company.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A great place to work where you can be your best and crests your own path to success!

Apr 19, 2022 - Flagship General Manager in Palo Alto, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pottery Barn is a great employer offering competitive pay and benefits and a beautiful work environment with incredible products. My favorite aspect is the CULTURE… we are able to serve our customers both internal and external with a service from the heart mindset. As a manager I have so much influence on my team and my store from assortment to recognition which is hard to find in large organizations. We reward hard work and beating metrics and promote from within before we attempt to fill positions externally. I have been with the brand for 7 years and have led 5 stores including my current Flagship location after being promoted multiple times and relocated to a high profile location on the West Coast! I love what I do because I have the opportunity to work with the best of the best and can have fun while working.

Cons

Not enough time in the day sometimes to accomplish all the things I want to but I have support to make it happen the next day or by collaborating with my co-workers.

3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Unfair competitions, unrealistic expectations

May 23, 2022 - Visual Manager in North Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at the stores. They are amazing individuals, they will become your family and make days bearable. The product is beautiful, selling it is fun too.

Cons

Never enough hands on deck to handle all the issues. There is very little room to grow if you are not interested in a GM position. No incentives based on performance for leaders. Best year ever? Doesn’t matter, no bonus. Very little raise percentage. So you feel like you are stuck. Very clicky. They like a handful of individuals and move mountains for them and disregard anyone else. Corporate makes a million mistakes, and they expect employees to be perfect

4. 4.0

Not too bad

Dec 27, 2021 - Registry Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pros good sup, registers was a newly form dept in 2019 where you would receive inbound calls (barely):)regarding registry:search look up,marking item as purchase,reorder if arrived damaged.

Cons

Since pandemic had To take calls for all the entire departments it was extremely nerve-racking the phone for nonstop ring and addition you had to work 4 extra hours on top of your shift. And you have to maintain your reviews every month which can be pretty tough because they go off of what the customer writes after they take the call. Not cool at all why do our overall evaluation is based off the customer when at times or plenty of times a customers that satisfy how we handle the car even though we went above and beyond and did everything in our power but the customer is not pleased that does not make any sense to me so if you’re reviews are bad two times or three times in a row you will be terminated which sucks

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

I LOVE the Barn!!

Apr 8, 2022 - Retail Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I LOVE our company!! From the CEO to our support teams, we are all aligned on what we are here to do- serve each other and our customers! Our culture is the best in all of retail- people first is the lens through which every decision is made

Cons

Honestly I absolutely LOVE working at the Barn- while I could always love more payroll and for the global supply chain challenges to go away- there aren’t many cons- technology could definitely improve

6. 4.0

Great Management but low paid

May 7, 2022 - Design Consultant in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

excellent management, very helpful team to work with they train you well great clientele

Cons

standing the entire time of shift schedule is all over the place low pay for the amount of work

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

People First

Apr 16, 2022 - General Manager in Richmond, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company that focus a lot on the people and drive great service.. They hold many calls and the senior management truly listens and supports all the company philosophies day in and day out.

Cons

There are always some improvements for any company. This one is no different and honestly this company is working on improving its technology. Those improvements seems slow but they take great care in ensuring it works before it is implemented.

8. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great company

May 10, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment to work in

Cons

None that I can think of

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

May 7, 2022 - Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Discount!! Flexible scheduling, fun atmosphere

Cons

None, I enjoyed my time at PB

10. 5.0

Fantastic

May 6, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Worked with my schedule, great team atmosphere, fantastic discount & products

Cons

Hourly pay was comparatively low

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,123 Reviews

Pottery Barn Reviews FAQs

Pottery Barn has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 1,165 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at Pottery Barn to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Pottery Barn employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Pottery Barn. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

63% of Pottery Barn employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Pottery Barn 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Pottery Barn to be work life balance, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be culture, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Pottery Barn Job Seekers