Found 42 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Staff can be really great people to work with and enjoyable." (in 85 reviews)
- "Great coworkers and fun place to work" (in 44 reviews)
- "great discount and flexible hours" (in 41 reviews)
- "the sales team is great and it is fun working with the customer." (in 31 reviews)
- "Great benefits when you work full time." (in 29 reviews)
- "Pay was low but it kept me from buying the whole store even with the discount." (in 87 reviews)
- "poor management and stressful environment" (in 63 reviews)
- "And now they want their managers have a sales goal?" (in 55 reviews)
- "No training and misleading job description." (in 51 reviews)
- "Upper management is awful, gossipy and without business ethics." (in 43 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Pottery Barn and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "employee discount"Return to all Reviews
- 2.0Oct 10, 2019Editorial ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
Kind, hardworking, well-meaning people and GREAT employee discounts.
Tough fights at the top between the company's past (catalog) and its future (online/digital). And super antiquated offices at the corporate HQ.3
- 5.0Aug 18, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
a lot of great people in the company and a great employee discount at all of their sister stores
i did not like working on the weekends but i did get 1 weekend off a month except for holidays. overall it was a great company and job1
- 3.0May 14, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
The sales position is fun and engaging. It's a good job if you like working in interior decorating and with customers. Fairly low stress job with excellent employee discounts.
The technology used by the company is very dated. The sales goals and increased yearly growth goals required for the individual store can be a bit unreasonable.4
- 3.0Mar 16, 2014Stock AssociateFormer Employee
They had a friendly staff. I really enjoyed my co-workers. Not many benefits but had a descent discount for employees, that is if you like their products.
Communication between the stock room and floor made it difficult to be efficient at times. Did not like the quality of some of the products, had quite a bit of returns. Should have a better system of managing deliveries.2
- 1.0Oct 11, 2018Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
Employee discount is the only benefit of this job.
Long hours, Low wages, bad management, Poor quality of merchandise.
- 4.0May 31, 2014Stock AssociateFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsNew York, NY
The employee discounts are great with this company. Loved my co-workers and the atmosphere at the store. Manager would always get our schedule to use 2 weeks out so we could have a life outside of the store.
It is very busy during the holidays and can get stressful for everyone working at the store. The shipments of ornaments that come in are sometimes broken making it hard for the associates.
- 3.0Jan 12, 2013Seasonal Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearSeattle, WA
Employee discount 40% off most merchandise...even sales!
Not employee-centric. Inadequate training for seasonal employees. Limited employee discount for temporary associates.1
- 4.0Nov 30, 2012Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNew York, NY
Great discount!!!! and they treat their employees great.
it's retail...you get the typical downsides of retails. Crazy people yelling at you for things that aren't your fault and long hours and holidays are lost.
- 5.0Jun 4, 2016Visual MerchandiserCurrent EmployeeBoston, MA
Friendly professional staff along with a great employee discount makes it easy to go to work everyday
The particular store where I work has high volume and it can get a little crazy on weekends in spring and summer.