KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

1. 5.0

RT

Nov 15, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Staff are great to work with

Cons

Food could be much better

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Go elsewhere

Jul 26, 2021 - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA in Pottstown, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you’ve worked here for years, paid your (literal and figurative) dues, you may make decent money as a CNA. That fact that Tower Health is ONE BILLION dollars in debt does sometimes make me giggle, if that counts.

Cons

Tower Health changed the wage scale for new hires- hope you like making less money than someone working at Walmart, while wiping poop, pee, vomit, and getting COVID coughed in your face. Watch the RNs kick back with their feet up, while you run around like a crazy person doing everything except pass their meds. Need help? Too bad, you’re probably the only CNA on the floor, if you’re even on your floor (pulls happen daily). You are the lowest of the low here, and people make it very apparent. Pay $700 to your bargaining unit a year for a measly 2% raise (if you’re lucky!) and nothing else.

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great coworkers... and not much else

Jun 7, 2021 - Registered Nurse in Pottstown, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers Overtime opportunities Good orientation Good providers Decent pay

Cons

Patient ratio Obviously cutting cost when it comes to supplies

4. 3.0

ok for new grads

Feb 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

this is my first hospital job working as a nurse, stayed for about a year. worked with a great team of nurses and aides most of the time, always asking if you need help, never trying to intimidate you or make you feel dumb. however i was on night shift

Cons

not many opportunities for advancement, no supplies, low pay, old building so stuff is always breaking, small patient rooms, no bonuses, always short staffed, no communication between doctors and patients

Director, Client Services

Thank you for the three star review and recommendation of a career with Pottstown Hospital – Tower Health. We’re pleased to learn you worked with a great team; this is feedback we receive across our system and we’re very proud of our friendly, welcoming employees that make everyone’s work environment that much better. We’re concerned by your Cons, as we make an effort to ensure that all employees see room for advancement by providing opportunities such as training programs, career ladders, and educational assistance. We hope you discussed the lack of supplies with a Supervisor, because we do not want any employee to feel that they don’t have the tools available to do their job. In regards to compensation, we regularly evaluate our pay ranges against regional data and make adjustments as-needed to recruit and retain top talent. We always encourage employees to bring concerns of any kind, including issues with communication, to the attention of a Supervisor or HR Business Partner so they can be addressed and resolved, and we hope you did so before your departure. We thank you for your service and wish you well in future endeavors!

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great job

Jan 30, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Pottstown, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people to work for

Cons

Low pay and no bonuses

Director, Client Services

Thank you for the four star review of Pottstown Hospital. We’re glad to hear you felt the team was nice, as we know that co-workers and a good environment make all the difference between a job and a career. Regarding compensation, we regularly evaluate our compensation and benefits against other Health Systems in the region and adjust as needed to stay competitive. While your position was not bonus eligible, we show employees how much we value them in a number of ways, such as free parking, wellness initiatives, and recognition programs such as Tower Rewards. We appreciate the feedback and wish you well with future endeavors.

6. 3.0

Underpaid and undervalued

Jan 19, 2021 - Sterile Processing Technician in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good location of your in town or close by .

Cons

They don’t pay you what you are worth .

Director, Client Services

Thank you for taking the time to review Pottstown Hospital and share feedback regarding your experience. We’re glad to hear the location works for you, as it’s always nice to have a convenient commute. We regularly evaluate our compensation and benefits against other Health Systems within the region and make adjustments to our pay ranges and benefits as needed to remain competitive. We value all of our employees and show that in many ways such as free parking, wellness initiatives, recognition programs such as Tower Rewards. Thank you for your commitment to our patients, community, and organization during this difficult time.

7. 4.0

Rn job

Sep 29, 2020 - Registered Nurse in Pottstown, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great learning experiences throughout hospital

Cons

High turn over rate for new grads

Director, Client Services

Thank you for providing a 4-star review of Pottstown Hospital and your experience as an RN. We are happy to hear that you’ve had great learning experiences, because we work to create an educational, hands-on environment that encourages and fosters personal and professional growth. Nursing leadership monitors turnover monthly and takes steps to reduce turnover wherever they can. Thank you for your commitment to the community and organization!

8. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

RN

Apr 10, 2020 - RN Staff Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is good nursing team work on a few of the units.

Cons

Poor communication between doctors, nurses, specialist. Old facility. Lack of supplies.

Director, Client Services

Thank you for your review of Pottstown Hospital. We are happy to hear there is good teamwork among the RNs because having supportive coworkers makes it a pleasure to come to work. We have forwarded your review to HR and to the CNO but also encourage you to reach out to your supervisor to share your concerns.

9. 4.0
    Former Employee

RN

May 19, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Staff governance in scheduling and self scheduling

Cons

Poor nurse patient ratio and on call

Director, Client Services

Thank you for the 4 star review of Tower Health – Pottstown Hospital! We are happy to hear that the scheduling system is working well. We encourage employees to reach out to their manager or an HR Business Partner with any concerns they may have about their job, work environment etc so the issues can be addressed. Thanks again for taking the time to provide your review.

10. 1.0

Quality

Oct 7, 2019 - Quality Assurance
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not included in union

Cons

Short sighted financial goals from corporate

Director, Client Services

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of Tower Health – Pottstown Hospital. We appreciate the insight and wish you the best with your future endeavors. Thank you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 Reviews