Poudre Valley Health System Reviews | Glassdoor

Elizabeth B. Concordia

"Excellent Benefits"

Former Employee - Sterile Processing Technician in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Sterile Processing Technician in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Poudre Valley Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best things include friendly upper management, decent pay, and amazing health insurance.

Cons

Unfortunately, PVH was acquired by University of Colorado Health and it has lead to a few difficult changes for existing employees.

2. "A great place to work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Poudre Valley Health System part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Caring management, employee perks, good coworkers, pleasant atmosphere.

Cons

Transition to a bigger health system.

3. "Downward slide"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

I worked at Poudre Valley Health System part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nice facilities, some good employees

Cons

Massive cuts in the jobs where the work is done with continual hiring of more managers and directors, unethical management, employees blamed for problems and low morale

5. "The best healthcare opportunities in Northern Colorado"

Current Employee - Preoperative Services Assistant in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Preoperative Services Assistant in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Poudre Valley Health System part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, great people, plenty of opportunity.

Cons

There have been a lot of changes recently and continue to be. It can be difficult to keep up with.

"Lost"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Poudre Valley Health System part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

None. It used to be a good place to work but not anymore, so many changes and it has lost the character it had.

Cons

Too many managers, directors and executives. Too much favoritism. Nobody cares about the staff, they are just worker bees and disposable. Too busy making a profit to care. Not a community hospital anymore. No opportunities to get ahead, too much secrecy in the hiring process. Jobs get posted and then disappear.

Advice to Management

You need to be fired. Not doing a good job of managing all the changes. You let jerk managers stay and they bully people. They run things the way they want with no regard for employment law, hire their favorites, and it's just a clique, eventually you will have a big lawsuit for running the wrong person out the door. Definitely appears to be some age discrimination where they wiped out some departments, like the IV Team.

"The culture has deteriorated dramatically with the merger of University Healthcare."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Poudre Valley Health System part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are a lot of good people who still work here that truly care about the patient.

Cons

Benefits were removed for part time employees.
    Patient care has been negatively effected by the recent strategy to cut staff and have less staff to take care of the same or more patients.

Advice to Management

Focus on the the things that made PVH a Malcom Baldridge winner. Focus on quality patient care and not the bottom line.

8. "Dishonesty, Distrust and dissatisfaction"

Current Employee - Cook in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Cook in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Poudre Valley Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, discounts at local merchants

Cons

Were shortstaffed constantly. Management lies to us about our job status so you are constantly worried if you will still be employed next week. Our hours are all over the place, no consistancy in schedules. I have presonally worked 13 days in a row, but with managements creative scheduling techniques we never get overtime.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, some good strong employees are leaving.

9. "Not the hospital system I started with"

Current Employee - Applications Analyst in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Applications Analyst in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Poudre Valley Health System full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefite are great but shrinking.

Cons

Community hospital system feel has been replaced with a Corporate feel .
    That desire to do what's best for the patients doesn't seem to be there any more.
    Doing those little things for the employees is gone. Employee satisfaction is at an all time low.

Advice to Management

Stop taking away benefits. Focus on the patient again.

"Backstabbed"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Poudre Valley Health System part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

None, anymore. I used to be proud to work here. Now I'm embarrassed. I plan to leave by the end of this year.

Cons

No leadership or accountability among so-called leaders and management. They like people to smile and be yes men even though they are stabbing us in the back with new "changes" daily. Policies keep changing, people are flying out the doors, the local paper won't cover citizen concerns because the hospital spends so much money advertising in it, but there really should be an investigation into how they run things. Very top-heavy organization, a lot of CEOs, COOs, CFOs, etc but they keep cutting staff. They have not been forthcoming about changes. Staff satisfaction took a major dive and then they accuse employees of having a bad attitude- duh, what did you expect? They are afraid of new ideas or new blood.

Advice to Management

Listen to the staff who do the actual work of taking care of patients. SMG lives in their own little world and they don't actually round on the floors. They say they do, but they don't actually talk to staff. Look at peoples comments in exit interviews, maybe you'll learn why staff satisfaction was in the single digits.

11. "Time to move on!"

Current Employee - Unit Assistant in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Unit Assistant in Loveland, CO

Pros

Not much unfortunately. It's a job and has benes. It's lost the allure it once had.

Cons

The employees have been beaten up with the merger and no longer trust Senior Management who has a lot of work to do to gain back the trust of the employees. It's really sad to see where we were and where we are now. So many have left. Employee satisfaction went down 87% in one year which may be why Rulon and Bruce are no longer around. I no longer feel proud to say where I work. Therefore, it's time to move on.

Advice to Management

To little to late. Maybe in a few years things will be better but not sure how long most of the long timers can wait. Thanks for the really good environment before the merger.